TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Bain sisters’ dad shares gratitude on Facebook

... "I wanna say thank you to everyone for the help and support to get the girl home. And a special thanks to heaven's new angels Jo Ann and Adrienne. We will always love and miss you," [MJ] posted to his Facebook page. ...

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18369813/bain-sisters-dad-on-facebook
I want to like this guy but I just can't get there right now. I think he needs to get rid of the bank account for the Bain/Johnson family by donating all of it to the Bain family fund, and stay out of the money part of it. If it's not about money for himself then don't bring money into it.

MOO

:goodpost::goodpost::guitar::loveyou::tyou::tyou:

Thanks katydid :)
And i love you too <3
Thank you for listening to me so much.
I really appreciate it more than you know.
And thank you to everyone else....for sharing your support and sharing your stories too. It helps to know we're not all alone in this.
Even though it is really sad that there are so many dealing w/ this.
Hugs to all of you!!!!

this is really strange wording - why would he give "special thanks" to Jo Ann and Adrienne?
I thought that was odd, too, but am hoping he meant it as giving thanks that even though they're gone they'll continue to watch over all they loved. Either that or another reporter/news screw up. I'm going with my first thought.

MOO

this is really strange wording - why would he give "special thanks" to Jo Ann and Adrienne?

Maybe he believes it was their heavenly intervention that brought AB and KB home alive?

I know some Christian sects believe that dead loved ones have some power to intervene in earthly matters.

Maybe he believes it was their heavenly intervention that brought AB and KB home alive?

I know some Christian sects believe that dead loved ones have some power to intervene in earthly matters.

I have had all along, the instinct (based upon the facts listed on this site) that AM was the father of Alex, and maybe of K. And, I think GB knew it, and that is why AM was allowed so much contact. I know everyone here disagrees, this is only my perception. If that were true, then Mr. J would know he was the father of Adrienne, and would probably still have feelings of love for her and for JB. He would be grieving for them. I often wonder if my mom who died long ago, can see me and assist me in this life, I think a lot of people think that that may be. So, that would explain this strange post of MJ.

For the record, the ex-husband claims that he has DNA tests saying he IS the father of Adrienne and Alex.
I don't know the procedure but I would HOPE that a DNA test would be done to verify that BEFORE he is allowed to sign over his rights.
Just to make sure there isn't going to be another father who comes along later to protest the adoption. :twocents:

thank you for this post. I stated I questioned why someone would marry another person 30 years their senior, but could not state my reasons why. You made a very good explanation.

I can't personally see myself doing it, although I thought about it at one point.

However, I can certainly understand it. My one particular friend married a guy almost 3 times her age...
He's a great guy and they are madly in love. They are happy and healthy, as is her ten year old son.

She is just an incredibly open minded person and when he asked her out 8 years ago she said yes. I was like :thud:

I am VERY open minded. Yet it made me realize that *I* had an issue if I was shocked. She made me think about myself.

I also thought if everyone was that open minded... the world would be a MUCH better place. I love her for that. :seeya:

Oh yeah.. and her husband and son... AND my own Dad... wear pink "Tutus for Tatas" for the Race for the Cure. :floorlaugh:
It is Awesome. :laughcry:

For the record, the ex-husband claims that he has DNA tests saying he IS the father of Adrienne and Alex.
I don't know the procedure but I would HOPE that a DNA test would be done to verify that BEFORE he is allowed to sign over his rights.
Just to make sure there isn't going to be another father who comes along later to protest the adoption. :twocents:

States vary and all that but in every state I am familiar with, a child born to a married couple, with the husband's name appearing as father on the birth certificate, is assumed to be the father if no one contests it within a relatively short period of time (three months? six months?).

After that, the legal paternity is considered irrevocably established and no one else has standing to contest it.

So, for instance, when the child is five years old and the couple splits, the named father can't demand a DNA test or refuse to support the child based on a DNA test that shows he is not the father. It was a done deal years before.

States vary and all that but in every state I am familiar with, a child born to a married couple, with the husband's name appearing as father on the birth certificate, is assumed to be the father if no one contests it within a relatively short period of time (three months? six months?).

After that, the legal paternity is considered irrevocably established and no one else has standing to contest it.

So, for instance, when the child is five years old and the couple splits, the named father can't demand a DNA test or refuse to support the child based on a DNA test that shows he is not the father. It was a done deal years before.

Same in Texas. My daughter's ex wanted a paternity test when she filed for child support but the judge said he acknowledged paternity when he signed the birth certificate at the hospital and it was a done deal at that point. Of course she has yet to collect a dime from the deadbeat sperm donor.

My cousins niece just had a baby in OK. Her boyfriend is not the dad but supposedly he wanted on the birth certificate and to do so they made him sign a paper stating he knew he wasn't the bio dad but accepted responsibility for this child.
I have my doubts that is the way it went down but it's what she told her mom. :what: (I've never heard of that before)

ETA: There has been turmoil in this family with this upcoming birth and and my cousins niece not wanting the bio dad acknowledged. I have my doubts if the boyfriend (who was away at the time according to my cousins niece's mom) even really knows that he's not the bio father. I have no contact with him though, and don't know him so I don't confront the issue.

I had a friend that had an affair about twenty years ago. All of the family had the dark complexion, olive skin and just looked alike until her last child was born. Fair skinned, blue eyed blonde. She told her husband and when the kids were older they told them. I've always thought in some way it's unfair to the dads that want to be a part of the kids life when this happens, if they only knew. I guess some things are better left alone though.

MOO

If MJ and AB were legally married, then MJ would be a presumed father and there would be no need for DNA tests? I still am curious as to why AM would reportedly introduce the middle child as his bio daughter.

If MJ and AB were legally married, then MJ would be a presumed father and there would be no need for DNA tests? I still am curious as to why AM would reportedly introduce the middle child as his bio daughter.
He probably wanted GB's life with JB!
We know he's weird so I don't understand why this confuses people that he would be so off the wall with anything.

MOO

At this point I'm not even sure MJ and JB were ever married. He's got three kids with another woman and they aren't married. Lots of people do that, and sometimes I think it works out better that way. As they say it's just a piece of paper.

MOO

I hope it is okay to post this; if not, please delete and accept my apology.

Obit for Adrienne:
http://www.peeblesfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=177770

Obit for Jo Ann:
http://www.peeblesfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=177772

No mention of MJ in either obituary.

I notice that in Jo Ann's obituary, it states she was preceded in death by Adrienne. I wonder if this was just the most convenient way of wording the fact that she has living daughters and also one who is deceased ... or does it actually indicate something that is known about the order in which Adrienne and Jo Ann were killed?

If MJ and JB were never legally married, he may have demanded a paternity test when they split up (which sounds like it was pretty early).

As for AM, who knows? I don't think there's any basis in fact for the allegation, particularly since there are witnesses saying he also referred to KB as his child and sometimes all three children as his.

When his story shifted around so much, I have to wonder if there was truth to any of it.

I think he was building his delusion in his mind but was just barely in enough contact with social norms to play it off as "oh, I meant I love them like they are my own" when challenged.

I think he was building his delusion in his mind but was just barely in enough contact with social norms to play it off as "oh, I meant I love them like they are my own" when challenged.

I'm beginning to think the same thing. He and TM could not have children. He was so close to the Bain children he "thought" of them as his own. Unless DNA testing is done and proves otherwise, I think there was no affair between JB and AM. He just got too close to those children and deluded himself into thinking they were his children.

I hope it is okay to post this; if not, please delete and accept my apology.

Obit for Adrienne:
http://www.peeblesfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=177770

Obit for Jo Ann:
http://www.peeblesfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=177772

No mention of MJ in either obituary.

Thanks for posting this, the pic on Jo Anns obit, made me cry, what a great photo they used to show her as a fun person. The loss of both of the these precious individuals is extremely sad for us here at WS. I cannot imagine what their families are feeling, but my hearts go out to them all.

WMC has been running teasers about this story which airs at 10/Central time tonight.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18491672/a-look-ahead-the-devil-inside

(WMC-TV) - Action News 5 speaks with a woman who has known Adam Mayes since the beginning...

"Adam was very much a mind manipulator, he would say something he wanted you to do in a way that would make you want to do it," said his sister. "I expected one of my brothers or sisters to snap, I just didn't know which one."

In an Action News five exclusive, hear the bombshell family secrets that set the plan into motion.

"They were going to cut off ties and I think Adam panicked because he didn't want to lose those two girls," his sister claimed.

Hear more from the woman who has known Mayes since he was a child, Thursday at 10 p.m. on Action News 5.

I wonder if this person is AM's sister and GB's X? :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back