GUILTY TN - Jon, 74, & Marion Setzer, 72, killed by bomb, Lebanon, 10 Feb 2014

TENNESSEE MAN ACCUSED OF KILLING IN-LAWS ONCE BURNED DOWN A HOUSE

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tennessee-man-accused-of-killing-in-laws-once-burned-down-a-house/

"A Tennessee man accused of killing his in-laws with a package bomb burned down a house he was supposed to be renovating more than 20 years ago, and the father-in-law he is now accused of killing helped to defend him."

"Danny and Rosemary Martin said in a telephone interview that they contracted with Richard Parker to restore an 1830s cabin in Pulaski that was given to them by relatives when they decided to move to the country to raise their children. The work was supposed to be complete in June 1990, but it began to run well behind schedule and there were also problems with the quality of the work."

"They confronted Parker about the problems on Tuesday, July 10, 1990, Rosemary Martin said."

"He said he would have it finished on Friday, and he burned it on Friday. He finished it."

From above link:

"Parker's defense team included his father-in-law, Jon Setzer, whom he is now accused of killing, the Martins said. The couple eventually agreed to accept $40,000 restitution and Parker was given four years of probation."

"In hindsight, we probably should have forgotten about that money and let him go to prison," Danny Martin said."

"Rosemary Martin said Parker never apologized or showed any remorse for his actions."

"We were trying to get an explanation, and he looked at my husband and he said, 'Oh, I thought y'all had a lot of insurance on that house," she said."

"The Martins said they believe that Parker got in over his head financially on the project and thought that burning the house would solve his problems."

"To me, the only thing that guy is about is money," Rosemary Martin said."

Richard Parker was arraigned this morning, and will remain in jail through April 18. He has a public defender. I wrote another post on my site telling a brief, strange story that may shed light on Richard's family dynamic growing up. It was stranger than I knew. Anyone interested in the hows & whys of people who (allegedly) commit crimes like this may want to read.

http://huffwire.wordpress.com/2014/...o-be-arraigned-for-bombing-deaths-of-in-laws/

EXCLUSIVE - A charred diary of female obsession, a previous arson conviction and a mystery man dashing to the murder scene: The strange life of the 'mail bomber' accused of killing his in-laws

"The man accused of killing his retired lawyer father-in-law and his wife with a mail bomb has been linked to as many as four mysterious fires in the past, including an arson attack where he burned down a historic cabin, MailOnline can reveal today."

"Richard Parker, 49, allegedly murdered Jon Setzer, 74, who was killed immediately in the blast last Monday after he picked up the parcel with outside his home. His wife Marion, 72, died from her injuries on Wednesday."

"As investigators scramble to find a motive of why Parker would have allegedly wanted to maim and murder his in-laws, MailOnline has discovered that wherever he goes a pile of ash seems to follow.
The victims of an arson attack at Parker's hands have also revealed his charred diary that set out his minute-by-minute 'obsession' with keeping his wife happy."

"And a witness to the murders of the Setzers has revealed to MailOnline that a mystery figure ran to the scene in the immediate aftermath of the bombing."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omber-accused-killing-laws.html#ixzz2tmNVoIme

Why didn't he get sent to jail for the cabin fire? Probation! He was more embolden. Jmo

ciao

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/crime/421586

Richard Parker, the son-in-law accused of killing his in-laws with a package bomb that exploded Feb. 10 at their Vance Lane home, appeared Friday before Circuit Judge John Wootten to hear preliminary motions from prosecutors and defense attorneys...

At Friday’s hearing, Wootten repeated his intent to keep the case on track for trial in late October.

“I want to move this trial along expeditiously,” Wootten said.

speechless:

this is the second time he's done this sort of thing and his wife stayed with him??? no words

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back