Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

Quote RSBM.

So his older sister saw him in the driveway, but maybe no one actually saw him go into the woods? That would explain not knowing the direction. Perhaps the argument was between the siblings and then she went inside? Poor girl, if that's how it happened. She's just a kid, too.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

BBM.
    This makes me think he really did run into the woods.
    What was his state of mind while his sister saw him standing at the end of the driveway?
    Was he mad?
    Was he crying?
    Was he seemingly calm?
    I also wonder if there was something in the woods that attracted him to run there and if the children often went in the woods for play.

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Curious if she went in the house and he then went in the woods except no one actually saw him go in the woods ? So the initial reports were wrong?
    jmo

4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

When my boys were that age, they always had a hideout in the woods by the creek. Usually with a fishing pole or nets. Especially if they wanted to be alone and away from their two bossy big sisters(only a few years older) I’m not sure I’ve read of talk of any of Jordan’s friends.

5. Auntie_Seagull

Auntie_Seagull Former Member

Sunday was quite cold. Hard to believe Jordan was just standing there barefoot and wearing short sleeved shirt. Even harder to believe that he decided to walk further. I mean it doesn't seem from this description like this kid run outta the house in the spur of emotions. Curiouser and curiouser...

6. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

I’m in the UK so I am unsure about how your different agencies get involved and at what point and why? Can you elaborate at all please?

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Did it say who he had got into with? I had thought it was the parents at first but could it have been siblings?
    Although jmo I would think a running away would be because of something between a child and their parents, not a sibling. However, what if he had felt ganged up against by more than one sibling? Maybe they were going to tattle on him about something or did. Maybe he was afraid of the punishment to come.
    Did he have a cell phone? I'm pretty sure my grandkids did at that age.
    Just trying to consider different scenarios that could have come into play.
    moo

8. imstilla.grandma

Unless he was running from someone...
    Idk, hopes are fading a bit. The talk of crevices scares me. And Gannon keeps popping in my thoughts. I wish they’d hurry up and find him. I don’t like this thread already. I can’t stay away.

9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

We have to keep in mind that the pastor was only told by someone else that JG was seen standing at the end of the driveway by his sister. This has not been verified imo.

10. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

11. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

12. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Always confused about the protocol and specifics with Amber Alerts, it seems like different agencies have their own reason for being able to / not able to use them.

With that said, between the fact that his sister supposedly saw him at the end of the driveway, and then the Amber Alert, and then the fact that dogs could not trace him to the woods whatsoever? Very unlikely he got picked up but that picture is more clear to me than it was last night. MOO

13. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

Wow I find that study and the information within , fascinating , thank you .
    My only concern in this is the fact that I believe it’s been said that temperatures were below zero overnight and therefore this study won’t impact the increase in temp at this stage. I don’t want to say more because people may find it too difficult to digest..IYKWIM. All MOO

14. natesma

natesma Well-Known Member

Dbm

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    crhedBngr and kkdj like this.
  15. natesma

natesma Well-Known Member

Overnight temps have been cold but not freezing. 37F Sunday night and 34F last night.

16. j_in_c

j_in_c Well-Known Member

I was really hoping to wake up to news that he had been found overnight. The fact that he may have been adopted out of foster care (although no mention of when) makes me worry more that perhaps he thought he could return to a bio parent or previous caregiver. Still going to hold out hope for the next 24 hrs...

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I don’t know what to think now - who saw him go in the woods ?

18. imstilla.grandma

I’m not sure anyone did. moo

19. Flight154

Flight154 Well-Known Member

My youngest 2 boys are 8 and 10. I've seen then run out of the house in cold weather with no shoes, or coat, sometimes in shorts. But there is normally a pretty big driving force for them running out like that. Mostly bc of an argument between brothers and what not when I'm out doing chores. So my concern is the reason why he felt the need to flee the house to go anywhere... especially if Mom and Dad are not in the house.

Thats the part that is just not making any sense to me. Im not doubting his parents are good people.

20. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Former Member

SABBM:

I do not like discrepancies.

This is a discrepancy.

If he was last seen by his sister at the "end of the driveway," it does not logically follow that his parents would tell LE that he ran off into a heavily wooded area.

Further, if an adult parent saw a 9-year-old little boy run off into a heavily wooded area in extremely cold temps barefoot and in a t-shirt, presumably that parent would immediately go in pursuit of that child.

JMO.