Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Jordan, you're on CNN! :cool::p:)

Missing 9-year-old boy is found after spending two nights lost in the woods with no shoes or jacket - CNN
[...]

"He knew just to stay put and somebody would come," father AH told CNN affiliate WSMV.

During his time outside, temperatures reached as low as 37 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

[...]

9-year-old Jordan Gorman has been found safe after 3 days of search
[...]

AH told News 4 that Jordan is autistic. They say he was nonverbal the first few years of his life and very small for his age.

Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents. But they say he was especially close with his older sister Jocelyn.

In fact, they say Jordan wouldn't leave Jocelyn's side, which is why they say this situation is so odd.

[...]

Missing 9-year-old boy is found after spending two nights lost in the woods with no shoes or jacket - CNN
[...]

"He knew just to stay put and somebody would come," father AH told CNN affiliate WSMV.

During his time outside, temperatures reached as low as 37 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

[...]

[...]

AH told News 4 that Jordan is autistic. They say he was nonverbal the first few years of his life and very small for his age.

Jordan was living in Cheatham County with his two siblings and their foster parents. But they say he was especially close with his older sister Jocelyn.

In fact, they say Jordan wouldn't leave Jocelyn's side, which is why they say this situation is so odd.

[...]
I had that in my mind that he may have special needs-his size and running from the house. My son used to run, for no reason. Just. Go. So thankful he was found SAFE.

I just began to follow this thread today and I’m so happy I can stop so quickly, due to the wonderful news!

I keep a short list of miracles I’ve watched unfold in cases.
Rainn Peterson, Kenneth Neal Howard, Margot Carey, Landen Hoffman.

Grateful today to add Jordan Gorman.

Thank you sweet Lord!

jmo

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]
Same article states his 'biological' father had not seen him for 19 months.
I have no idea whether he was actually lost or simply chillin'.
I doubt he would have survived another night of it, either way.

I am, however, confident TBI will evaluate all circumstances, it's such a rare occurrence, a case they will never forget.
Here's hoping he will receive all he needs for a great life and is protected from any and all dangers from now on.

"Like a typical 9-year-old, he's in the command post right now talking about 'I saw these deer and these bucks!'"

9-year-old Cheatham boy used tarp for shelter, told agents of 'deer and bucks' in woods

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

(Thanks again everyone for all the links)

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Well that's weird. Didn't all the previous MSM articles describe his current parents as having adopted him and his two sisters? Now suddenly they're foster parents?
o_O

Well that's weird. Didn't all the previous MSM articles describe his current parents as having adopted him and his two sisters? Now suddenly they're foster parents?
o_O
It is weird and left me feeling a tad disturbed.
Was he just gonna lie there 'chillin' forever?
The SAR team were about to turn back when they spotted the blue tarpaulin, almost as if by chance.
Dogs missed him completely.
He hadn't heard chopper and had no awareness of anybody searching for him.
He was not about trying to make his way 'home'.
He seemingly had moved beyond hunger and his attachment to his sister?
Did something happen?
Is his safety and wellbeing going to be guaranteed from now on?
He's a minor child and it's unlikely that information will ever be made public.
I'm concerned again now..

o_O
Yep.
s1001.gif

AMBER Alert for Tenn. Boy, 9, Who Vanished Sunday After an Argument
Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters by Mark and Coletta Gorman. In addition to Jordan and his two biological sisters, two other children live in the home.

‘It’s just amazing’: Jordan Gorman’s father thrilled that son was found safe | WKRN News 2
Gorman’s father, AH, says Jordan went into the foster care system about two years ago and now has a new last name. When police first issued the Amber Alert on Monday, he didn’t know it was his own son until the TBI released a photo.

Last edited:
Yep.
s1001.gif

AMBER Alert for Tenn. Boy, 9, Who Vanished Sunday After an Argument
Jordan was adopted alongside his two sisters by Mark and Coletta Gorman. In addition to Jordan and his two biological sisters, two other children live in the home.

‘It’s just amazing’: Jordan Gorman’s father thrilled that son was found safe | WKRN News 2
Gorman’s father, AH, says Jordan went into the foster care system about two years ago and now has a new last name. When police first issued the Amber Alert on Monday, he didn’t know it was his own son until the TBI released a photo.
Didn't we see a story that said Jorden and his siblings were adopted after the current family lost a son?

Oh well, chalk it up to fast food media fact checking. The good news is he was found safe.

Didn't we see a story that said Jorden and his siblings were adopted after the current family lost a son?

Oh well, chalk it up to fast food media fact checking. The good news is he was found safe.
We did read that, it didn't specify how many years after they lost their son though it implies it was almost immediately. I think it might have been several years..

I’m so glad that Jorden has been found. And I know it’s not our business ... but I sure would like to know why he ran and wasn’t trying to get home. I hope he recovers from his ordeal and finds the happy, safe place he deserves. Moo

I am ecstatic to read the header
“ FOUND SAFE “ and initially, I thought that my eyes were playing tricks with me ... What fantastic news that Jordan has been found safe. Huge thanks to the SAR guy’s that found him, how fortuitous that they came in to help on their day off. Miracles truly do happen and I have no doubt that the LE officers mean what they say about investigating how it got to that point (Jordan running away and why), and ensuring that measures are in place to (hopefully) prevent any further reoccurrence. I’m doing my happy dance right now ! Thank the Lord

It is weird and left me feeling a tad disturbed.
Was he just gonna lie there 'chillin' forever?
The SAR team were about to turn back when they spotted the blue tarpaulin, almost as if by chance.
Dogs missed him completely.
He hadn't heard chopper and had no awareness of anybody searching for him.
He was not about trying to make his way 'home'.
He seemingly had moved beyond hunger and his attachment to his sister?
Did something happen?
Is his safety and wellbeing going to be guaranteed from now on?
He's a minor child and it's unlikely that information will ever be made public.
I'm concerned again now..
My thoughts exactly. I do not want to pop our happy bubbles, but your questions are ones I had through my night. I’m thrilled Jordan is safe. Maybe that’s all that matters now. I am interested if we’ll hear further details into why he preferred his cold shelter without food instead of trying to go back home.

Keenan and his dad Joey were doing construction work on Ashburn’s property when Jordan was rescued.

“They drove by, we saw the kid’s face, {and} they waved,” said Joey Scalf, owner of 100% Construction Company. “All the first responders, they waved… gave the thumbs up, and we just started cheering and clapping.”
Construction workers, neighbors witness 'miraculous' rescue of Jordan Gorman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back