Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by cybervampira, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Just asked my husband, and his answer makes a lot of sense. I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't think of it myself

The human body isn't hot enough for the cameras to detect through a wall, but they can definitely pick up fire or smoldering electrical etc through a wall (that's what they use them for - so they don't have to tear up walls/ceilings unnecessarily). But they do pretty much have to have line of sight for a person - he used the example of an accident victim being behind a rise; it likely wouldn't pick them up.

He also said if you take off your shoes & walk across a cool concrete floor, the camera will briefly pick up the footprints. (Your useless trivia lesson for the day lol)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

2. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Yes he had no shoes on, was reported. Maybe the witness didn't notice the missing shoes because he had socks on?

But anyway, it's too early for a child to be wandering around alone.

3. charminglane

charminglane Helcat! Near the Rose Bowl

I have seen skeleton pajamas where the bones glow in the dark.
    Perhaps that is what the witness described?
    Not releasing that detail to the public would narrow down the true sightings.

4. EntreNous

EntreNous Active Member

I totally agree with you. Sadly, unless you have a child with ASD who elopes, it's so hard to understand. Parenting an autistic child can be exhausting and just when you think you have all your bases covered, they outwit you again. If they find him alive they need to invest in an Angel Sense tracking belt, a service dog that is trained to keep them from eloping and locks on the outside of his bedroom door.

5. always reading

always reading Well-Known Member

But wouldn't you put the key up high where he couldn't find it. It just puzzles me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. kikukohime

kikukohime Well-Known Member

Depending on how difficult he is to get ready, how far away the school is and the parents routine, I don't see it as that early. He may need to play before school or have a bath. He may be very stuck to certain routines in certain circumstances. Also depends on how much sleep he requires.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Maybe the driver was a teenager and just didn't put too much thought into it.

8. Mimimom

Mimimom Member

good old fashioned eye hooks with a spring lock way up high will keep kids locked in. That spring is tough to open.
    I had them everywhere when my autistic son Was younger,...he was a runner and escape artist. I even put a slide bolt through the top of my sliding door frame and took off the handle lock after he locked me outside one day.

9. Reba

Reba Active Member

I know it seems early, but I also live in rural TN and the school bus comes by our house by 6:30 am. 5:20 am is not that early if you’re trying to get a small child dressed and fed before the bus comes.

I miss having little ones, but it sure is nice when your teens can take care of themselves in the mornings and drive themselves to school [emoji4]. Oh, how I wish little Joe would come home to his momma. I can’t imagine her anguish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Father Of Missing 5-Year-Old Describes Agonizing Search For His Autistic Son

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/f...scribes-agonizing-search-for-his-autistic-son

More at the link. Volunteers are being sent home for the night while LE continues to search. If Joe isn't found by morning LE asks volunteers to come back.

Father says he's seriously considering an abduction but LE says there's no indication of foul play though they haven't ruled it out.

11. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Good point. Someone who has not much contact with kids maybe.

12. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I was on this thought as well. Did I miss or do we know when this driver saw Joe? He went missing around 5:20am ish. Reported at 6:30am ish. The person who saw him may not have seen him until 8am ish ( guessing here since I have not heard what time that witness saw him) he could have thought this child was walking to school/bus stop etc He was dressed in black. IMO. Unless I missed something. IMO

13. mjp1228

mjp1228 Well-Known Member

No - parents noticed him missing at 5:20 am. Unless the witness gives a time he saw him, parents don't know when he left.

14. Mistree

Mistree Well-Known Member

I read it was 7 am. It’s on one of the msm links or msm fb.

15. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37878606/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-5-year-old-boy-from-dickson

16. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

The parents don't know what time Joe left the home. It is imperative to know what time the witness saw Joe and where.
    I'm unfamiliar with the area. What s the terrain like?

17. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I agree, we don't know if it was before or after the parents noticed he was missing.

18. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

I hope they keep going further out. Children often seem to be found on the perimeter of search zones.

19. Busylady

Busylady Well-Known Member

I can not remember the name of the child, but she had Asperger I believe and got lost in the woods when she wandered into take a nature video, searchers tied bottles of waters to trees, and food in containers and if I recall she was found alive 4 or 5 days later. She wouldn't respond to someone calling her name but would answer math problems so searches were yelling out math problems hoping to get a response.

In looking at helicopter view there is so much water and wooded area around where he went missing.

20. Paddleboarder

Paddleboarder Former Member

I don’t have a good feeling about this outcome :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.