Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Dad confessed and remains to be seen if anyone else is involved.

Dad arrested for murder. Dad confessed. Bail is at a million. So far mom has not been arrested. Both parents were suspects. Little Joes body not recovered yet.

One thing reported is LE found it suspicious that dogs could not pick up any of Joes scent around house if he had walked away....(just like in Lucas Hernandez case...dogs could not pick up any scent around house.)

No court date yet

On Ipad cannot link.
Per NC5 Nick Beres.

Maybe we will learn something from this case to help find Lucas.
I don't know what, thought processes or something...

Do we know what the Dad did for a living? Does he travel out of town? Have access to a company vehicle?

Have there been reports of abuse in the past?

CPS involvement?

So many questions.

I have many of the same questions.

I wonder when the last time someone saw him alive was. Does he have any siblings that could tell LE anything, I wonder?

I saw this trending on facebook and gasped. I am always thinking of the parents in the back of my mind on cases like this. But this time...I really wasn't. Maybe because I didn't sleuth them at all before. Maybe because I also have a son with autism. I don't know. But this makes me incredibly sad. Poor, sweet, boy.

If this turns out to be one of those "I was so overwhelmed with his autism" things...I will be VERY angry.

I also didn't see this coming. I actually had to walk away and catch my breath. I am so disgusted, at a loss of words I'm allowed to say. Prayers to Joe and everyone who actually loved and cared about him. RIP Joe.
To all who searched and took time out of their lives to help find Joe. You are all AWESOME! I would hope this doesn't deter others when something this tragic happens. You are the hero's who cared in my book. Thank you!

Totally with you! I did not in the least bit see this coming and even got furious when they called off the search efforts in early afternoon! There is nothing that would have kept me from continually searching for that child had I lived nearby. Especially in early afternoon. Just in shock. Clearly we need to thank all those that searched!

Dad arrested for murder. Dad confessed. Bail is at a million. So far mom has not been arrested. Both parents were suspects. Little Joes body not recovered yet.

One thing reported is LE found it suspicious that dogs could not pick up any of Joes scent around house if he had walked away....(just like in Lucas Hernandez case...dogs could not pick up any scent around house.)

No court date yet

On Ipad cannot link.
Per NC5 Nick Beres.
Lots to learn from little Joe’s case.
Hoping it will help with insight on Lucas’s case once little Joe is recovered.

I’m just so angry about this. I knew from the beginning something was seriously off. Waiting an hour to call the police to search themselves, sleeping when he went missing, the parents saying he had wandered off previously but the grandmother saying he had never wandered before, etc. All of the signs were there. I knew it was off, I really knew it.

The police saying they had tracked foot prints and his scent had me doubting what I knew, from experience, following too many other cases with this same result.

Too many children. The statistics are just staggering. My heart just hurts for them.

No court date yet

On Ipad cannot link.
Per NC5 Nick Beres.

Actually we have no idea that the dogs didn't hit on scent in the Lucas case. LE has never shared that information unless I've completely missed it, but have followed the case from the get-go. Can you link me to where they said the dogs had nothing?

You know it is bad when the local news anchors cannot make it through the press conference without breaking up.

I am thankful for LE, the press, and all the volunteers who gave of themselves this week. I am so saddened by the loss of this child.

I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Thinking that perhaps poverty or lack of education was responsible for the issues I had understanding their actions.
I do think LE saying there was scents and prints also kept me from going to the worst.
Kid was named after you dude.... just wow.

And people thought I was nuts for literally trusting no one at all with my kids alone until they could communicate with me what was happening when I wasn't there. I didn't even trust my husband (who is their father) or any family until I saw they could handle all situations/meltdowns calmly. You just never know especially when your babies have a disability of some sort.
Yes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was really giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Thinking that perhaps poverty or lack of education was responsible for the issues I had understanding their actions.
I do think LE saying there was scents and prints also kept me from going to the worst.
Kid was named after you dude.... just wow.

I agree, and that he was autistic, they like to "adventure" and I've seen this before so I really found this believable SMH. I hope I can still be open minded on other cases. IMO

I am so damn tired of this. The poor boy. Honestly didn't have bad feelings towards the parents this time but I've been firmly proved wrong. So angry and upset right now.

So after all those days searching and no sign of him, they've covered a lot of area to find his body. What are we thinking? He was carried out of the house and put into a vehicle and taken somewhere or he's in that home?

The house doesn't look all that big. Articles say he was killed in the residence. What are the odds no one else knew about it???

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...niels-tennessee-joseph-ray-daniels/495824002/

Investigators determined that Daniels killed his son, Joe Clyde Daniels, over night on Tuesday or early morning Wednesday....

A Department of Children Services spokesman said that at the suggestion of DCS officials Joe Clyde's siblings, ages 8 and 3, have been placed in the custody of relatives. At least one parent agreed to place the children in the relative's custody, the spokesman said.
In addition to the TBI and Dickson County Sheriff's Office, DCS is investigating the case. There were no interactions between the family and DCS in the last three years, spokesman Rob Johnson said.

Daniels' arrest culminated three days of searching for Joe Clyde, who had wandered off his family's Dickson County property in the past. Those previous incidents prompted calls to the Dickson County Sheriff's Office, and led investigators to initially believe the same situation occurred again, though foul play was never ruled out.

At a news conference on Saturday, investigators did not reveal the break that shifted the case into a criminal investigation. Locke said it was at the request of District Attorney General Ray Crouch that TBI agents changed the focus to a criminal investigation.
Daniels, 28, does not appear to have a history of arrests, according to public records. He was booked into the Dickson County jail on Saturday where he is being held on a $1 million bond.
This is an ongoing story, check back later for updates.

Sooo...no history of violence, no history of run-ins with the law and no previous history with DCS and now he suddenly kills his kid? Oook. I'm not saying he's innocent but something is fishy. I wonder if the DA is up for re-election? Nothing brings in the voters like a big win.

Can anyone point me to these prior pictures of the child that I obviously missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member