Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty standard to not use volunteers once you believe you are looking for a homicide victim.
It's also possible that the dad told them something but not enough to pinpoint an exact location.
Do we know where they are searching? That might give some indication.

It's possible that someone else gave them information about a possible location, or they are using pings.
In Mariah's case we believe something was overhead by her brothers (such as "under a bridge")
which led to the locations they searched and her discovery.

Perhaps this was a similar situation?
Maybe the 8 year old heard his stepfather say something but not an exact location.
There was also another case where phone pings led to the body as well.

So it doesn't really indicate whether or not Dad told anything. Just never know until they tell us.

It's just terrible we live in a world where automatically in situations like these we suspect the parents.

Whats even more sad is we're usually right.
Yes, it reminds me of something I heard said, in situations like these an idealist goes right on searching while a realist bets on the parents.

Ugh, it's so sad to wake up to news like this... again. Is it any wonder that we tend to be cynical and suspicious?

I'm still catching up so I may have missed it but AFAIK right now there's been no explanation of the witness' sighting? That's what threw me for a loop - it really looked like Joe just wandered off. If the dad won't say where Joe's body is then IMO it's gonna be bad when he's found. :(

:grouphug:

I totally agree. If this sighting is legit and Joe Clyde actually made those footprints then I have to think that his father searched for him, found him and killed him, and disposed of him prior to returning to the house. I want to know if he searched for him on foot or drove around and found him walking beside the road. This information would at least narrow down the search area. I'm also wondering what the mother's story is, did she know that he was out searching for Joe Clyde? When is the real time that they found out that he was missing?

Yes, it reminds me of something I heard said, in situations like these an idealist goes right on searching while a realist bets on the parents.

OK, I'll confess that I'm a total realist. I always look at those nearest the missing child and it takes a hell of a lot to convince me otherwise. I walk a tightrope while following missing child cases in order not to be banned from this sight because I can not voice my opinion. Painful, yes.

It's bugging me that dad "confessed" but hasn't revealed a body location. It doesn't make sense. I can't think of a case where someone confessed to a murder but refused to reveal the location of the body, it does them no good to hide the body if they confessed, ultimately it only makes things worse in the long run. Something is going on here and I don't like it.

As with many similar cases, he will be holding out for a deal if he pleads guilty and reveals where his body is located. He is looking out for his sorry self. JMO

Has anyone besides the parents actually confirmed that little Joe was indeed non-verbal and autistic? I don’t know why but as the younger sister to an older severely autistic nonverbal brother I’m getting a spidey sense that his issues may have been exaggerated or due to something other than autism. Joe Jr was born on July 30,2012 according to the 911 call so turning 6 in a few months. He would definitely be in at least kindergarten. Did he go to a regular school or a specialized school? Has his school put out a statement? I heard that he had attended classes on April 3. His little friends must really be missing him.

I think one of the neighbors was interviewed the first day and confirmed the non-verbal autism? I think one of the grandmas (or both) also confirmed this.

It's heartbreaking for Joe's brothers, his friends, and his family who loved him.

OK, I'll confess that I'm a total realist. I always look at those nearest the missing child and it takes a hell of a lot to convince me otherwise. I walk a tightrope while following missing child cases in order not to be banned from this sight because I can not voice my opinion. Painful, yes.

With the younger ones especially I think the percentage that are caused by someone in the home is too high to rule it out in the first instance in very many cases. But we have to be sensitive that it doesn't turn out that way in *every* case and wait for LE to confirm or deny our doubts and suspicions. All the while we watch, listen, take mental or written/typed notes of things that might turn out later to be relevant. Whatever happens we grieve, we sympathize with the child, their siblings, their loved ones, and we ask "what happened?"

When the first sighting was made public, how many of us posted on here "Thank God for that, I was scared it might be the parents!" How many didn't post their massive sigh of relief at that point?

For those of you who've got questions over the confession by JS...do you still think it was likely to be he who hid Joe's body?

Family silent.
No grands speaking out, neighbors...

Ooh, you and your witchy ways! :bowdown:

Joe Clyde Daniels' Grandmother: 'It's A Nightmare'

The grandmother of a missing 5-year-old Dickson boy said she has been cooperating with law enforcement after her stepson was arrested for his murder.

Belle Daniels spoke to NewsChannel 5 the night several vigils were being held for her grandson, Joe Clyde Daniels....
“It’s shocking because you raise a child from way back, and you think you know him. You don’t think your child could kill his own baby," said Belle.
“When we found out about it, my heart just sunk. We didn’t know what was going on, and when they couldn’t get leads, I thought somebody abducted him," she added.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/joe-clyde-daniels-grandmother-its-a-nightmare

More at the link. I haven't watched the video yet.

Just found out about this case. I’m sure it’s been posted before but as a mother to a child on the spectrum this statistic devastated me. Autistic children are far more likely to be abused and it’s typically always had the hands of a care giver.

So will JD appear in court today?

Anyone seem anything?

TIA!

:rose: JUSTICE for JOE CLYDE! :rose:

Gosh I've heard absolutely NOTHING on whether they are searching further! You'd think it'd be front page news for the town and certainly of interest to the reporters!

Gosh I've heard absolutely NOTHING on whether they are searching further! You'd think it'd be front page news for the town and certainly of interest to the reporters!

Yes you would think it would be all over the news. It seems like since JD has been arrested the search news has dropped. Where is Little Joe?

Yes you would think it would be all over the news. It seems like since JD has been arrested the search news has dropped. Where is Little Joe?

Yes, it's as if the urgency disappeared when confirmation of him being alive disappeared... He's still out there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member