GUILTY TN - Kayla Qualls, 26, beaten to death, Tullahoma, 26 Nov 2012

Thanks ChristyTN + Sonya,
I think I probably watched too much TV and probably got confused. :)

I do hope they arrest someone for this case soon. That poor girl did not deserve what happened to her. It is so scary to hear what happened to her. I am sure other people may be scared too until they lock up the perp(s) responsible.

It is certainly an uneasy feeling. My younger daughter was home over this past weekend, and she went to meet a friend Monday night...I was a nervous wreck until she got home.

When the suspect in Megans case was just out wandering around, it was hard on the entire town knowing he was at the grocery, picking up his kids at school, at football games, etc.

It's a strange feeling knowing you're that close to someone (s) like that.

I think the questioning thing was somewhat held off in that case because they were afraid if they had him then let him go...he was a flight risk. He did have a scheduled meeting with the investigators and didn't show once.
The purpose of the gun charge at the outset was it was a great way to get him behind bars while waiting on the DA. And since the suspect told the Sheriffs office himself that he was in possession of the gun...he probably felt a bit unsafe out in the public. I had a fear there would be vigilante justice attempted.

As for the suspect(s) in Kaylas case, I have a feeling we'll know very shortly who they are and they'll be taken in.

JMO
Yeah, I do hope they are very close to making an arrest. I was just thinking about the 2 hunters who supposedly found the body. I'm just wondering if maybe those are the 2 POI too? Of course, it could be 2 totally different people they are looking at, but kind of found that coincidental.

Also, I think I read where she was found pretty quickly, so was thinking how could someone find her so quickly unless they just happened to be in the right spot or maybe it was a common area.

Hatfield, I wondered the same thing.
It is a somewhat traveled road...I understand from the news her car was actually in the field? A lot of land here is leased out for hunting this time of year, so I'm not positive on that particular piece of property.

I wouldn't think that the people who took the time to hide the vehicle would then call LE to notify them, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Also, I think I read where she was found pretty quickly, so was thinking how could someone find her so quickly unless they just happened to be in the right spot or maybe it was a common area.

Well she was found by hunters. It is hunting season and if hunters see ANY odd things on the land they own or lease they are going to run over to investigate immediately! They are very protective of their areas this time of year.

I wouldn't think that the people who took the time to hide the vehicle would then call LE to notify them, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Yeah, it is probably not the case, but was just thinking that maybe the perps had a plan that if someone spotted them, they would claim they were out hunting and maybe some car passed them while they were trying to hide the truck, and so they had to go to Plan #2 which was to just say they were just hunting and stumbled upon the scene.

Just tossing out ideas. I've read too many of these threads today probably....LOL :)

Yeah, it is probably not the case, but was just thinking that maybe the perps had a plan that if someone spotted them, they would claim they were out hunting and maybe some car passed them while they were trying to hide the truck, and so they had to go to Plan #2 which was to just say they were just hunting and stumbled upon the scene.

Just tossing out ideas. I've read too many of these threads today probably....LOL :)

Plan 2 would only work if the hunting land was public. Most hunting land is all privately leased/owned and only club members or friends of the owner can hunt on it.

I know this because most all of the land around my house is leased to different hunting groups this time of year (deer season). Different parcels are controlled by different small clubs and jealously guarded with lots of signs declaring the clubs name.

If someone said they were hunting there and they weren't part of the club they would be busted in a heartbeat. Plus they would have had to dress like hunters and I doubt they would have thought of that when they were panicking over the body.

10pm (CST) press conference from Franklin County Sheriff Office, (they stated they would do it from Tullahoma Police Dept). announcing arrest (s?) made in Kayla's death.

Thank God....lots of relief here.

Shine on Kayla...

I'm looking for a link now. When they had Megans press conference, it was on the Nashville news channels and their websites live. I'm hoping that to be the case with Kayla's.

Fox17.com
that's the one I've got my eye on. There's also WSMV, WKRN
Will update. I'm really relieved...it sounds like it was someone she knew and they were very 'angry' with her. what a sad way for a young mother to die.

I'm looking for a link now. When they had Megans press conference, it was on the Nashville news channels and their websites live. I'm hoping that to be the case with Kayla's.

Fox17.com
that's the one I've got my eye on. There's also WSMV, WKRN
Will update. I'm really relieved...it sounds like it was someone she knew and they were very 'angry' with her. what a sad way for a young mother to die.

I will watch that in 10 minutes. I'm in Nashville.

Unfortunately, it usually is someone they knew. So tragic...:(

double post there...sorry.

We are neighbors...lol! I love Nashville, always up there.

17 said they would be live, so after Nashville on ABC....I will change channels.

I'm curious, they mentioned 2 people, wonder if both were arrested?
and of course someone on Facebook slipped and said a first name in a comment.

There's also a news interview with Kaylas parents. I forgot which channel I saw it on, but its heartbreaking.

...it sounds like it was someone she knew and they were very 'angry' with her. what a sad way for a young mother to die.

Hate to say I knew it but this one had "killed by scum she hung out with" written all over it all along.

That is why the body was dumped in this manner, it likely happened at a house she went to and they had to get rid of both the body and the car.

Why were they angry with her?

it was her sons dad and his dad. (father and grandfather)

in custody at Coffee County Sheriff

I'm physically ill now.

wait...uncle. omg yall. bear with me. Conference not on yet. I'm getting messages like crazy from people. Two 'Curtis' in custody.

it was her sons dad and his dad. (father and grandfather)

in custody at Coffee County Sheriff

I'm physically ill now.

So it was one of the boyfriends/babies daddy's? The first boyfriend?

Googling revealed a bit of drama regarding boyfriends (and possibly a love triangle based on comments, there was Nick, and then Corey, comments and such implied she was living with Corey but still having a side thing with Nick, the guy she will love forever based on her Facebook page dated ages ago).

It seems to be a crime of passion. Beating to death in a sudden rage and then afterwards killer calls someone to help, someone that might not be too bright but would do anything for his boy (his dad). Sad all around.

ok. grandfather in custody now. they did say the 'baby daddy' was person of interest as well.
CCSD shows a Michael Curtis age 49 and a Michael Curtis age 29 on custody, so idk.

I admit, when the news reported her family was trying to gain custody of the kids this week, I wondered if it was a bad situation with the children's father(s?)

I was under the impression her two children were by different fathers.

details I'm sure will come together soon.

sad sad situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back