TN - Lee Ann Mangrum, abducted & murdered, Dickson County, 8 Sept 2002

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Goody, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Goody

Goody New Member

Tennessee teen helps his stepmother beat his mother to death and then dispose of the mother's body. Heard this on the news tonight. They didn't give any names so I can't look it up, but can you believe this? What on earth did Mom do to tick everyone off so much?

2. Loading...

3. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

I've run that every way I know how, and can't find it. It may not be on the websites as yet.

4. mysteriew

The 14-year-old daughter of murder victim Lee Ann Mangrum is expected to take the witness stand today.

The teen was 12 when she and her brother, Terry Mangrum II, 17, allegedly helped their stepmother Kimberly Mangrum kidnap and kill the 34-year old teacher’s aide.

Kimberly Mangrum, 41, faces life without parole if convicted of first-degree murder in the September 2002 slaying of Terry Mangrum Sr.’s former wife.

The Mangrum men are both scheduled to stand trial in October for their part in Lee Ann Mangrum’s death. They are free on bond pending their trials.
    http://www.dicksonherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050824/MTCN0201/308240067/1297/MTCN02

5. nanandjim

nanandjim Former Member

Sounds like the typical, all-American family...:rolleyes: Seriously, it is hard to fathom people being like this. There would be no way in hell that anyone could get me to kill my own mother.

6. mysteriew

Yes, but these kids weren't raised in a normal, all- American family. It sounds like they have been threatened and terrorized by the stepmother for a good while. That is a lot of pressure to put a couple of young kids under.

7. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

I agree. But it is such a large step to murder. That is the part that makes it hard for me to wrap my mind around.

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

From September 2012:

http://www.app.com/article/DN/20120928/DICKSON01/309280164