TN TN - Linda 'Kay' Sanders, 16, Sullivan County, March 1964

Discussion in '1960's Missing' started by Rle7, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Rle7

Rle7 New Member

Linda Kay Sanders
    Gone, March 1964​

Charles Sanders’ last tangible link to his sister sits in a brown paper bag, duct-taped shut, and reads "Kay’s Letter."​

Postmarked in Kingsport on May 16, 1964, the letter is addressed to their now-deceased mother. There is no return address.​

"Dear Mom," Kay Sanders wrote, "I am writing to let you know that I am okay." It was two months after her brother says she left home.​

"When things at home change and the family thinks we can get along together, I will come home. [...] When you think that you can simmer down & quit blaming us for all the mistakes you made, I can forgive you & we can be a real mother & daughter."​

Charles Sanders, 61, has a vague memory of the day he came home from the school he attended with Kay and a third sibling, Sharron, and was told that Kay had left home. He has never seen or heard from her. ​

2. Loading...

3. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily New Member

Where's a pic? anyone know?

4. HollywoodBound

HollywoodBound New Member

This case remind me of that of Twyla Embrey (sp?). They found out after she passed away that she started a new life after having disagreements at home.

5. Rle7

Rle7 New Member

bumping...

does anyone have any more info on this case?

6. Meenie

Meenie New Member

To Linda Kay Sanders...
    If you are away by choice...your mother, step-father and brother are all now deceased.

7. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Adding a new link.

http://appalachianforums.com/archives/Dickenson_County,_Virginia_Archive.pl/md/read/id/148255

8. Richard

Richard Active Member

Missing for 50 years this month. Does anyone have more information?

9. Cincinnati Kid

Cincinnati Kid New Member

I did find that Kingsport is in Sullivan County, Tennessee so Kay Sanders appears not to have gone too far in the two months she left her home. It does tend to strike me as odd that her mother apparently didn't push authorities to assist in finding and returning her daughter. Contacting them and filing a "missing report" should have only been the start especially after receiving the letter from such close-by or am I missing something? That there is no record of the report after 50 years really doesn't surprise me. Some more information, a photo, etc. would be helpful on this case.

10. yossarian

yossarian New Member

Linda was located, but wants to keep her privacy. Thank you for your efforts in researching her missing persons case and others like it!

11. Archangel85

Archangel85 Member

Was she located recently?

12. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

I am relatively new here. Perhaps I am too cynical for my own well being. Was this, "Linda was located", message ever verified with authorities? I only ask because the poster only ever posted three times on WS. Not that this means anything. However, no link provided to verify LE's take on this? And I really don't mean to intrude on anyone's privacy at all.....

13. masquerading

masquerading Member

I'm also a bit skeptical about this post. I'm not sure why someone would lie about it, but I'd like some proof of some sort to prove that she has, in fact, been located. I understand the privacy aspect, but I won't stop being curious about a 53 year old mystery just because someone said so. (I hope this didn't sound rude, I'm just genuinely curious about this case, how her life has turned out, how she stayed under the radar for so long, etc.) I do hope she has been located and is safe.

14. Archangel85

Archangel85 Member

I'm still wondering with your connection to this case. 3 years later

15. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

yossarian, that original poster, never responded to the first question in 2014. They only ever posted one more time, in June, 2015.

I don't know what to make of this. My gut says, 'proof needed'. And if she was found, and wants her privacy, I don't see how the catch-22 will be solved. <Sigh>

16. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I would not for one second take yossarian's word for it that she has been found. For all we know yossarian could be someone involved in her disappearance.

17. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Totally not buying this. Sorry.

18. Hardwork1

Hardwork1 New Member

It is true. She is no longer missing and is safe.

19. Archangel85

Archangel85 Member

Explain yourself

20. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Your comments mean nothing without proof or a statement from LE.

21. Archangel85

Archangel85 Member

Who's investigating this case? That way we can contact LE to know the official word on this.