GUILTY TN - Lora Hale Costner, 42, Cocke County, 7 Jan 2016

This is so sad. Rest in peace Lorna. I hope you and your husband have been reunited and watch over your dear boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible the kid didn't kill her? When it was just mentioned about the date of her late husband's passing it made me wonder if she might have went on a bender & possibly OD'd, then the kid freaked out?
The text to the school has always bothered me, Ive been dealing with schools for 22 years I wasn't aware one could text a school, unless maybe she had a friend that worked there, Idk, normally parents would just call the school. But the whole "I'm running late" scenario could've been done by the kid.
Depending on what drugs she partook in, or if she did at all, I'm just speculating here, she may have been completely passed out, or so he thought, then he realized it was close to pick up time & needed to get her coherent, so he texted someone, the school & started trying to wake her up, finally it sets in that she's dead already & he flips the F out, stages the scene to look as if she'd been kidnapped & buries her body.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
Was she buried?

It's unlikely he flipped and then set all that up to cover an overdose, right in the neighborhood.

A little sleuthing reveals the all too common life history that can lead to such an ending.

http://wate.com/2016/04/26/tbi-man-arrested-for-murder-of-missing-cocke-county-mom/

Cocke County Sheriff Armando Fontes says victim Lora Costner died of blunt force trauma to the back of the head.

Fontes says Cody was a person of interest from the very beginning of the investigation. He says Cody was the last person to be seen with Costner and Cody took measures to conceal her body. Fontes says Cody burned and destroyed evidence and stole personal property belonging to her, including prescription medication...

Cody is scheduled to be in court on May 2nd for an arraignment on the murder charges.

From January:

http://www.newportplaintalk.com/news/article_1927c584-5aee-5bee-8182-0478612420fd.html

A trial date has now been set for McKinley Cody, 19, Lane Road, Newport, in the death of Lora Hale Costner.

Costner was reported missing on Jan. 7, 2016, and her body was later found on March 10.

The victim’s body was found at the residence of Jerry Cody in the Bogard community, after a two-month search by local and state law enforcement officers.

Cody faces charges of first-degree murder, second-degree murder and abuse of a corpse.

Cody’s trial date has been set for July 12.

steelman left?????

There's going to end up being some kind of a backstory here that none of us are aware of yet. The text to the school about her having a flat tire and running late sounds staged. Why staged ? Because the tire was slashed, it didn't just pick up a nail or a screw while running down the road. I'd venture to say something happened between these two sometime that day, and then the van was driven to that parking lot and abandoned. Obviously, he needed to get it at least some distance from his home and off of his property. He would've still been within walking distance of his home. I suppose it's also possible that he had someone follow him and give him a ride back home, but it's doubtful.

Sending the text about running late was a CYA move to deflect and confuse things. Apparently it worked, because nobody seemed to have a clue what happened to her until some remains were found on Cody's property.

steelman left?????
I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. His profile shows him as a Former Member with his last post on April 8. I hope all is well with him. I enjoyed his commentary.

as did I..... :(

I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. His profile shows him as a Former Member with his last post on April 8. I hope all is well with him. I enjoyed his commentary.

:-(

Maybe a mod could provide info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

O/T re Steeleman's absence. I just noticed that too. I did not often agree with him, but he brought a lot of good ideas to many cases here IMO. I have noticed 1 other member that has been on time out for more than 2 weeks - can't help but wonder what's up? I've needed to take a break from here before but I can't imagine not being part of this community. I, too, hope that Steeleman is fine and has just decided to put his energy elsewhere.

That said, glad justice is coming for Lora.

Maybe Steelman is just taking a break due to the passing of another veteran WS'r, Los2188. Idk if they actually knew one another personally but I had noticed both were in AZ. Hope all is well with Steelman & his family as well as Los's. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man pleads guilty in 2016 murder of Cocke County mother

On Monday, McKinley Cody entered a guilty plea to second-degree murder and abuse of a corpse. The first-degree murder and robbery charges were dismissed as part of the plea deal.

Cody will serve at least 30 years in prison for murder. He will spend three years for the abuse of a corpse charge, which is concurrent with his 30 year sentence. The judge also gave Cody an eight-year suspended sentence for a previous charge of attempting to smuggle drugs into the Cocke County Jail.

http://www.citizentribune.com/news/local/cody-pleads-guilty-in-costner-murder/article_ea75653c-664f-11e7-84ad-9bf62e08d706.html

“McKinley, for whatever reason you decided you would end my mom’s life,” said Molly Costner, the daughter of deceased. “And for that, you have changed all of our lives. My mother was the kindest, most giving person ... she would give anyone, anything if they simply asked for it. No human deserves what happened to her. You took so much from a woman who meant so much to me and my little brother. I was 16 and my brother was 9; we still need our mom.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back