Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was a suicide note - possibly "I'm going to 'x' location and ending it all." Wife might have been suspicious based on which vehicle he took, and possibly items he took - but if police thought it was legit then they were looking for him/his dead body rather than him running off with ET. He might even have claimed he was going to drive the vehicle into a lake or something along those lines.

But that would definitely trigger police to look for him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I was scared of someone, I would get away from them. Not run away with them.

Sounds logical, but when I dated guys I didn't always feel safe when I was with them, and more then once just wanted to get home.
My guess is he was still promising to take her home at that point when we see them at OK. It was just two days out. We are all just guessing here, but I don't think she would tell her sister to call the police if she wasn't home by 6 if she planned on an extended trip. He was her ticket home, and had a gun, etc. all persuasive things. Many here believe he uses his 'skills' to con people. Probably something like "let's just do this one more thing and I will take you home." imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have a completely different dialect, and many other things that make these communities different aside from no electricity and the way they dress. I don't think it's possible for them to do this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Completely agree.

I know several Amish people--met them through the business that I used to work for and we became friends. I've been to their businesses (they are allowed electricity to run them) and I've been out to eat with them and I've talked for hours on the phone with them. Anyway, non-Amish people stick out like like a sore thumb. Even if you dressed me up like an Amish woman there is no way I'd blend in. And, they would be quite suspicious and wouldn't just welcome strangers in with open arms. IMO.

I personally find this whole case disturbing to no end, I wonder what the long term plan could be in TCs mind. I mean eventually the guy is going to need more cash IMO, living off the land with a teen would seem to be a lot of idk the word for it, but maybe tedious. Especially a female teen, due to toiletries issues among other things.( I'm sure you all have discussed this already) either way did anyone learn of ETs allergies for use of epinephrine? Imo if it's bees and you are out in the woods, that is one more issue on the list along with whatever reason he needs bp medicine. I live in TN and I look for these people everywhere I go. I often wonder if license plates he switched with innocent people, who don't go out every day to make sure their plate is what it was yesterday, I do, but only because this case made me realize it's possible. I wonder further if the OK sighting was purposeful, for what reason? Backtrack and waste more money's? I'm sorry so long, I just feel like this is some sick version of where's Waldo, hiding in plain sight, no one can find them, picture/ vid is possibly purposeful. And he's standing there with a big I fooled you smile on his mug watching everyone looking for him. All IMO always.

Completely agree.

I know several Amish people--met them through the business that I used to work for and we became friends. I've been to their businesses (they are allowed electricity to run them) and I've been out to eat with them and I've talked for hours on the phone with them. Anyway, non-Amish people stick out like like a sore thumb. Even if you dressed me up like an Amish woman there is no way I'd blend in. And, they would be quite suspicious and wouldn't just welcome strangers in with open arms. IMO.

Yes unfortunately I stare at them when they go out, I get curious about how long it took to make the clothes etc. I look at the faces more so than I would someone else. Isn't that how Elizabeth smart was spotted half her face covered for some rouge of religion and clothing? But I may be mistaken it's been a while. I agree

With Walmart being a recurring place wrt TC, it just hit me! Walmart (in my area) has recently started online call ahead shopping.
TC really doesn't HAVE to "go" anywhere for food.
He can just pull in, load up and GO!
*if whatever Walmart he is near has this service.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My Walmart doesn't have this service, but Kroger does. I think a lot of grocery stores are doing this. We have tons of gas station convenience stores around here with fresh produce, local meats, really a surprising amount of groceries available and you can be in and out in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been gone for a few weeks with the lack of any new guidance. I hope everyone has been well.

So, I guess what is new to me is the Walmart pictures, the high blood pressure medicine, and the note left behind.

It was interesting that LE suspects that the Walmart visit was an attempt to misdirect the search. I wonder what facts support that theory. I am not doubting it but I found it to be an interesting statement.

I also found interesting the timing of the notice regarding the note. It is obvious that LE held this back and released it to keep the media from losing interest.

Most intriguing to me is how he plans to manage the blood pressure issue. It certainly was not an oversight by Tad. He could manage this for a few months by stockpiling in the past and now by taking a pill on a schedule other than prescribed. For example, he could be taking only 4,5, or 6 pills a week. However, that does not solve the long term issue. His dependency on the medicine may or may not be reduced through weight loss. If so, he just needs to manage the issue for a few months. If he remains in need of the medicine, where will he get it?

As many of you know, from the beginning, I have stuck with my theory that they are headed to Central America. With that context, I am wondering what country would have the medicine and would be easily accessible. My only related experience is in Costa Rica where I could get prescription medicine without a doctor visit or a prescription. In addition, the cost was about a third of the US price. I know that Belize and Guatemala does not have the same level of medicine availability. I imagine the same is true for Honduras. I consider all of those countries as well and Nicaragua as a possible destination for these two.

I would love to hear your feedback on any of my comments, especially the management of his medication.

The above is my opinion only.

With Walmart being a recurring place wrt TC, it just hit me! Walmart (in my area) has recently started online call ahead shopping.
TC really doesn't HAVE to "go" anywhere for food.
He can just pull in, load up and GO!
*if whatever Walmart he is near has this service.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Good thinking! I forgot Wal Mart started doing this.

I've been gone for a few weeks with the lack of any new guidance. I hope everyone has been well.

So, I guess what is new to me is the Walmart pictures, the high blood pressure medicine, and the note left behind.

It was interesting that LE suspects that the Walmart visit was an attempt to misdirect the search. I wonder what facts support that theory. I am not doubting it but I found it to be an interesting statement.

I also found interesting the timing of the notice regarding the note. It is obvious that LE held this back and released it to keep the media from losing interest.

Most intriguing to me is how he plans to manage the blood pressure issue. It certainly was not an oversight by Tad. He could manage this for a few months by stockpiling in the past and now by taking a pill on a schedule other than prescribed. For example, he could be taking only 4,5, or 6 pills a week. However, that does not solve the long term issue. His dependency on the medicine may or may not be reduced through weight loss. If so, he just needs to manage the issue for a few months. If he remains in need of the medicine, where will he get it?

As many of you know, from the beginning, I have stuck with my theory that they are headed to Central America. With that context, I am wondering what country would have the medicine and would be easily accessible. My only related experience is in Costa Rica where I could get prescription medicine without a doctor visit or a prescription. In addition, the cost was about a third of the US price. I know that Belize and Guatemala does not have the same level of medicine availability. I imagine the same is true for Honduras. I consider all of those countries as well and Nicaragua as a possible destination for these two.

I would love to hear your feedback on any of my comments, especially the management of his medication.

I agree with this thinking/especially Costa Rica as it's very cheap to live and get meds there -there are very remote towns like mal pais and the Caribbean side-it Wd not seem odd for Americans to be there as so many move or retire there for better quality of life.
I hope she's not pregnant by him.

I personally find this whole case disturbing to no end, I wonder what the long term plan could be in TCs mind. I mean eventually the guy is going to need more cash IMO, living off the land with a teen would seem to be a lot of idk the word for it, but maybe tedious. Especially a female teen, due to toiletries issues among other things.( I'm sure you all have discussed this already) either way did anyone learn of ETs allergies for use of epinephrine? Imo if it's bees and you are out in the woods, that is one more issue on the list along with whatever reason he needs bp medicine. I live in TN and I look for these people everywhere I go. I often wonder if license plates he switched with innocent people, who don't go out every day to make sure their plate is what it was yesterday, I do, but only because this case made me realize it's possible. I wonder further if the OK sighting was purposeful, for what reason? Backtrack and waste more money's? I'm sorry so long, I just feel like this is some sick version of where's Waldo, hiding in plain sight, no one can find them, picture/ vid is possibly purposeful. And he's standing there with a big I fooled you smile on his mug watching everyone looking for him. All IMO always.

Her allergies are wheat and tomato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely think that LE is holding back information and possibly releasing it a little at a time to keep the media and public interested in this case. I also think that they have been spotted more than the one time we know about, but police did not arrive in time to capture them. There may be videotape that they haven't reviewed. All IMHO.

I'm also intrigued by the news about the blood pressure medication. I believe he may have filled that prescription at WalMart and that's why the videotape surfaced. Again IMHO, and I have no facts to support that theory. I further suspect that he will experience side effects from withdrawing from the medication, whenever that occurs. I don't take any medications, but I know that suddenly withdrawing can be very, very dangerous.

As to where they are, your theories are as good as anyone's.

One other thing. I think a large increase in the reward would bring more attention to this case, as mercenary as that sounds.

:cow:

I definitely think that LE is holding back information and possibly releasing it a little at a time to keep the media and public interested in this case. I also think that they have been spotted more than the one time we know about, but police did not arrive in time to capture them. There may be videotape that they haven't reviewed. All IMHO.

I'm also intrigued by the news about the blood pressure medication. I believe he may have filled that prescription at WalMart and that's why the videotape surfaced. Again IMHO, and I have no facts to support that theory. I further suspect that he will experience side effects from withdrawing from the medication, whenever that occurs. I don't take any medications, but I know that suddenly withdrawing can be very, very dangerous.

As to where they are, your theories are as good as anyone's.

One other thing. I think a large increase in the reward would bring more attention to this case, as mercenary as that sounds.

:cow:

Initially, I was not concerned with the level of reward money but as time goes on, money may be what keeps some people interested.

I guess the money could motivate "locals" as well as a broader general public. It might be helpful if LE helped minors understand how they could collect the reward money. This might help loosen the lips of some schoolmates.

From a broader viewpoint, a higher reward could entice vacationers to look around and ask around while enjoying Central America or other areas. As you mentioned, Costa Rica has so many small towns that openly welcome US citizens and have cheap access to food, shelter, and medicine. This is possible more true on the Caribbean side but is also true on the Pacific side of Costa Rica. I imagine there are parts of other Central American countries where these can be found as well.

I appreciate your bringing up the reward level again and I support your theory regarding it.

"Cummins' wife Jill notified authorities the next day, but by that time the pair had already left."

bbm

What? I thought it was established that Jill Cummins notified the investigator who was working on the school case within hours of TC's departure in the Rogue. If this isn't an error in reporting than the whole story changes, IMO.

http://fox17.com/news/local/da-willing-to-jeopardize-criminal-case-to-bring-home-tn-amber-alert-teen

Ok, I'm guessing the next day is when she found the note and not when she reported that TC was missing under suspicious circumstances (of which we don't know yet). So, call to LE that TC was missing = March 13, call to LE that TC left a note = March 14.

Since he was so involved in his church, any thoughts about Easter bringing him out to a service somewhere? Not that he's living a very Christian life, but it is the holiest day of the year.

How personally vested in church was MCET? Did she go because a parent made her or was her faith deeper?

Since he was so involved in his church, any thoughts about Easter bringing him out to a service somewhere? Not that he's living a very Christian life, but it is the holiest day of the year.

How personally vested in church was MCET? Did she go because a parent made her or was her faith deeper?

IIRC, her sister said ET is officially Catholic but has been attending church with TC and JC.

IIRC, her sister said ET is officially Catholic but has been attending church with TC and JC.

And was it a Catholic Church they attended? Being Catholic myself, I think that makes an even stronger case for her to want to attend Mass on Sunday. moo

I agree with this thinking/especially Costa Rica as it's very cheap to live and get meds there -there are very remote towns like mal pais and the Caribbean side-it Wd not seem odd for Americans to be there as so many move or retire there for better quality of life.
I hope she's not pregnant by him.

There was a #costarica hashtag in a IG post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members