Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Chicago and honestly if I weren't following this thread so closely, I would have no idea ET was missing.

I've been following since #3 but I don't think I've chimed in with an opinion yet. I have seen a lot of regular posters in here speaking about TC as an inhuman monster, so I just wanted to speak to that, as opposed to offering up yet another suggestion as to where they might be.

TC is still a human, and trying to separate ourselves from what he's done not only doesn't help find Elizabeth, it hurts us all by treating what happened as something that only monsters do. Early on in there threads posters kept saying there were all these red flags, but how many hundreds of thousands of people in America could be described exactly the same way as TC before he took her?

Did school administration drop the ball? 100% no doubt. But let's not pretend we couldn't be the ones dropping the ball in a similar situation because someone doesn't SEEM like a bad person.

I'm kinda meandering and losing my point, but I just wanted to emphasize how important it is to not "otherize" TC or any other criminal, because it's what leads to situations like this where we have people in their community feeling like there was no crime committed at all because they never viewed TC as a bad person.

I posted in a much earlier thread that the husband of a woman in my social circle had molested her daughter (his step-daughter) and niece, both about ET's age. We all thought he was such a nice, sweet, caring man and a good husband to our friend. And he was. But he was also this other person that we didn't know with a very dark side. It was, and still is, hard to understand and process.

As for the school, all I can say is that policies and procedures exist to protect students from teachers that don't SEEM like bad people.

I feel sorry for his daughter as well. How could you betray your kiddies like this.

It's not impossible, to be honest. Maybe he left a desktop at the house and sold or took a laptop with him.

Did he have a school issued laptop, for example? Did he turn it in?

Did he have a Kindle?

In my house, there are many devices and tablets that can access the Internet. Some are old and outdated but technically still work and wouldn't be missed if taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, we have several iPads, old iPhones that will connect to wifi without service (our carrier never used SIM cards) and laptops that are rarely or never thought about much less used.

If your taking off with a little girl possibly left the country there's going to be more searches and fine lined detail then just teen marriages, hiding Rogue detection and mattress for SUV.

So yes either LE knows more and he got smarter to use a more portable device with internet that only he and ET have access. Either a personal laptop, iPad, or burner phone he did most of his informative searches which only he and ET used to hide their secret plans.

I think he only left on the computer what he -wanted- them to find. I've been thinking all along that he was still using the Rouge, probably with stolen plates and possibly painted or wrapped a different color. Increasingly, I'm wondering if the Rogue is actually stashed somewhere, and he either had another vehicle waiting or else he's got help. ET told her friend that they were supposed to have help but it fell through and they were headed west - maybe the "heading west" was intentionally put out there (in addition to making sure they were seen in OKC) just to make it look as if they were, but they actually have totally different plans.

As to beaches and the swimsuit... keep in mind that hotels and many private residences have pools. They might not be swimming in the ocean.

If she is willingly staying with him-- they may be waiting until she is "of age" --in certain states; isn't that somewhat younger than 18 ?

And even if they're able to elude LE until she's at the age of consent (which in some states is 16, I think); can't LE still arrest him for kidnapping and sexual assault ?
IMO
You may be right. Some states the age is 16. Some states its 16 but with factors. Im not sure about other states, however I know in my state the "age of consent" is out the window when the suspect is in a "position of trust or authority" that factor with those two will never change. Does it change if he is technically no longer her teacher??? I'm pretty sure a lot of states have the position of trust/authority in place and that will trump even if they fall into the age of consent factor, I think 🙃. But again, every state is different.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For some reason I think she's pregnant....

Has this been posted yet?

Wife of Teacher Accused of Abducting Teen Student Didn’t Initially Believe Accusation He Kissed Her at School

The wife of the former Tennessee teacher accused of abducting a female student in March initially did not believe the allegation that he had kissed the girl on school grounds, her attorney tells PEOPLE.

“She knew that he had been accused of [the kiss] but she did not believe that it had actually occurred,” Michael Cox, the attorney for Jill Cummins, tells PEOPLE.

According to Cox, Jill didn’t see any signs that her husband was involved with Thomas. And while she is sad and confused, Jill remains hopeful of Thomas’ safe return even though authorities believe she is being kept “off the grid” by Cummins.

In late March, Jill filed for divorce after 31-years-of marriage. After being “taken completely by surprise” by the turn of events, including allegations that her husband had exchanged “romantic” emails with Thomas, Jill decided she had to protect herself and her family by putting their needs first, Cox says.

http://people.com/crime/wife-tennessee-teacher-accused-student-abduction-elizabeth-thomas-shocked/

I'm in Chicago and honestly if I weren't following this thread so closely, I would have no idea ET was missing.

I've been following since #3 but I don't think I've chimed in with an opinion yet. I have seen a lot of regular posters in here speaking about TC as an inhuman monster, so I just wanted to speak to that, as opposed to offering up yet another suggestion as to where they might be.

TC is still a human, and trying to separate ourselves from what he's done not only doesn't help find Elizabeth, it hurts us all by treating what happened as something that only monsters do. Early on in there threads posters kept saying there were all these red flags, but how many hundreds of thousands of people in America could be described exactly the same way as TC before he took her?

Did school administration drop the ball? 100% no doubt. But let's not pretend we couldn't be the ones dropping the ball in a similar situation because someone doesn't SEEM like a bad person.

I'm kinda meandering and losing my point, but I just wanted to emphasize how important it is to not "otherize" TC or any other criminal, because it's what leads to situations like this where we have people in their community feeling like there was no crime committed at all because they never viewed TC as a bad person.

Not sure what the emphasis on TC being human is all about. The emphasis should never be on feeling sorry for an old man who persuaded a teen to take off with him. Way too often people feel sorry for the male/abuser over the victim in sex related things. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dang, normancita...say it out loud.

respectfully and regretfully not disagreeing...

Re: Oregon. Today's high in Portland 54°F Tonight's low 41°F

Rain is expected on and off for the next week.

There are probably fewer people looking for them there, but IMHO, it's kind of cold for camping, IF they are camping.

My three best guesses are still Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, with California and Louisiana next on the list.

dang, normancita...say it out loud.

respectfully and regretfully not disagreeing...
Well, that MIGHT explain why he is charged with having "sexual contact" with ET.
Is a peck on the lips sexual contact?
Maybe to a first grader...
In this context teacher/student, I guess it is as well.
The emails probably tell it all.

MOO

On the meds thing.... if he had 12 refills and didn't use his insurance he could fill them all at once.

I did this last month at Costco. 12 refills and it was $16 a month or $36 for the year worth! So I just got a year worth.

It's totally possible he could have plenty of meds to keep him going for a while.

Just an FYI. I contacted the state parks in all 50 states. I know some are very unlikely, but it cannot hurt. I asked each of the parks to pass the information onto any other relevant areas so hopefully they will. Also, I was talking with my husband tonight and he mentioned national lakes which I will contact tomorrow.

Having ET's phone could have helped in this case. I think the DA is being too hard on her father and apparently not placing any blame on LE for not taking her phone.

District Attorney Brent Cooper said detectives asked her father, Anthony Thomas, to hand over his daughter’s phone.

“He wasn’t able to do that or he didn’t do that,” Cooper said.

It's say's in this article that detectives interviewed Elizabeth for over an hour but they didn't get her phone. I wonder why they didn't?

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35148584/investigators-did-not-have-access-to-elizabeth-thomas-phone

I'm not sure if the police could have demanded her phone? They didn't have a search warrant, she wasn't accused of any crime - unless she agreed to let them have it, taking it doesn't exactly sound legal?

For some reason I think she's pregnant....

I've had this same feeling from the beginning. No reason, just a gut feeling. [emoji120] not.....

On the meds thing.... if he had 12 refills and didn't use his insurance he could fill them all at once.

I did this last month at Costco. 12 refills and it was $16 a month or $36 for the year worth! So I just got a year worth.

It's totally possible he could have plenty of meds to keep him going for a while.
I would imagine his wife knew that he didn't have a years worth and this is why we are hearing about it.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member