Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatelineFan

DatelineFan Well-Known Member

The FACT is, he was a teacher, not a therapist. His job was to send her to the counselor and make some referrals so a professional could help her with her issues.

There ARE ethics codes for teachers. That's another fact. While I'm not familiar with all of them, I'm certain he has not complied with most, based on reports.

2. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

You might be exactly right, it just seems risky.

The above is my opinion only.

3. MsMtOlympus

MsMtOlympus New Member

no words.

4. ladymoffat

ladymoffat Member

This scares me. If she isn't homesick, she has no real motivation to leave TC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

5. SouthernCutie

SouthernCutie Active Member

Bringing over pics to show ET with different colors to her hair

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

6. dally_doodle

dally_doodle Well-Known Member

My gosh.... 😨

7. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

True, but he was also human and had emotions.

8. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

IF this is truly the case, I'm more than shocked no other teacher or student said something before 'the kiss'. Who caught them holding hands, who caught the massages? The sleeping on the bed in his room, given the circumstances SHE posted about her bed at home, i could write off much easier as it sounds like she was sleeping on a couch for awhile at home til she finally got a new bed... but the rest?????

HOWEVER, this also COULD be a lawyer spin looking for a huge payout from the school district, since we've not heard any of this before and 'everyone' was surprised when it happened. I'll reserve judgement on this til i see the proof or other statements. Unfortunately, i do think these kind of cases bring out the people who also want their 15 minutes in the spotlight and will make crap up to get it. Sad, but true.

9. MsMtOlympus

MsMtOlympus New Member

Ok, found some words....if the massages alone are true, then how in the heck was an investigation of TC by the school administration not already happening?

10. DatelineFan

We all do. Sometimes when the baby won't stop screaming, I have emotions. Guess what? I'm an adult, so instead of harming the baby, I take some deep breaths and do what I can to soothe her. Because I am the adult.

We can't just go around acting on our emotions and expect no consequences. Most people learn this as toddlers.

11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Right, and no one saw anything. SMH

A bed in his room? What purpose does respiratory therapy, forensics or whatever the hell he taught in that classroom have to do with a hospital bed!!!

Grrrr.... the s*** he got away with at the school is mind boggling!!

12. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that if it was our 15 year old child and a 50 year old person was THIS interested in our child we would have issues. Personally I would snap. Nothing about it is right. I confided in my guidance counsellor who was a male as well. He genuinely cared for me and ensured I got help from the right resources. This man could have really saved Lizzy if he wanted to. He never wanted that. She was prey and he was a hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. SouthernCutie

I agree I don't think he headed anywhere near Spring Break

14. TNSleuth

TNSleuth New Member

Here's a closeup picture of the lamp that she got him and what he says about.
    It's from his Culleoka Hosa FB Page.
    [​IMG]

"One of my favorite presents this year...a himalayan salt lamp for my desk at school! It's supposed to flood the room with negative ions which cleans the air, eases allergies, & improves moods. The orange glow is also supposed to be very beneficial light therapy. Does it work? I don't know but I like it!"

Here's the FB page link:
    https://www.facebook.com/CulleokaHOSA?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Attached Files:

15. pegs

pegs Member

Since he worked Katrina Hurricane relief I would guess he is familiar with the areas of NO that may not have been built up again. Hope they are checking the abandoned, condemned homes for him. He also posted on his Twitter I think about a gadget that you use like a straw that purifies water. Those Katrina damaged homes are very dangerous though in terms of mold. But he probably figures a 'respiratory therapist' can cure anything.

16. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

The picture of the lamp has a Christmas tree. Did he unwrap the gift at home?? Blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. SouthernCutie

He also paid her to be good. I don't see how everyone at the school missed the signs. Here's a quote from her sister

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

18. OtisC

OtisC Well-Known Member

I am not defending the school in any way, but understand this is what is being publicly stated now. It is easy to assume that people were saying this previously but they may not have been, at least to the school administration. It seems like the students liked him and may not have wanted to be the one to bring this to admin's attention.

Again, just trying to consider other possibilities on the school's actions with this particular piece of information.

It appears to me that the kiss should have been dealt with sooner that is was.

The above is my opinion only.

19. DatelineFan

IMO, signs were not missed. I think there was a lot of looking the other way. I'm livid.

20. SouthernCutie

The stories that are coming out are unbelievable. Sleeping in his room paying her the microwave[emoji36]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.