Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I think he thought if he left it as a draft, no one would ever see it. I don't know what other means of communications he had with her. This seems kind of creative, actually - and now I know, drafts can be read by the server.

2. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

It also makes the whole thing more exciting. I do think he felt the school admin was daft.

3. alucardsdream

alucardsdream Well-Known Member

This confused me, too! It doesn't say he's wearing the same clothes that he has on in the surveillance video, just that he probably still has on the same clothes he did when he left his house Monday morning. She might still have the clothes from the surveillance picture of her, though, since it was taken the morning they left.

4. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

He reminds me of a certain hostage negotiator.

5. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

I wonder if ET was a mature 15yr old? I was more mature at 15 then most girls my age. I believe one of her quotes said something along the lines of her being an old soul. She has the saddest, darkest, social media accounts I've ever read. Most people try to cover up about being broken, depressed and suicidal. Saying those things screams out low self esteem and self worth, vulnerable which draws the predators, perverts out of the woodwork, being an easy target for manipulation by them. It's best to tell those things to a Dr, social worker or licensed persons, family who know how to help you not on a social media account for the world to see. Poor thing she opened herself up to this creep and other lurkers.

6. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

I had been traveling the weekend before this and got an Amber Alert when I touched down in Texas as soon as my phone was turned back on. After my coworkers got alerts, I rechecked mine and it was definitely on for alerts. I suspect it was more an issue with AT&T or service in my building. AT&T is upgrading equipment at my workplace.

When I was driving on the interstate on Tuesday after the Amber Alert, I was thinking that I have no clue where to start with just "Silver Nissan" with Tennessee plates.

7. alucardsdream

I think he has a superiority complex and somehow thought he was going to get away with this. He must have known people would scrutinize his social media accounts, but he made no attempt at deleting them. He was sending out signals hard and fast...and no one picked up on it. It's so sad to think of how many people truly respected him far more than he deserved.

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Thinking the district restricted what they had access to.

9. Whiteorchids

[emoji1317] hugs [emoji847]

10. Reba

Reba Active Member

I have an iPhone and I didn't get the alert either. I heard everyone else's phone going off. I googled it and one forum said to turn your AA alert to off, reboot your phone and then turn it back on. We had another AA in the Memphis area yesterday and it sounded on my phone. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. alucardsdream

Yeah, but you can sync Gmail to your phone, they wouldn't have needed a school computer to check it.

12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Yes, I agree! The one in the SP case.

13. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Kampgrounds of America, Inc replied and said they have notified their campgrounds.

14. Whiteorchids

Whenever I get an amber alert on my iPhone it shows car license number and vehicle description. Why doesn't it say what the alert is for? Last one I had to google what happened.

15. pegs

pegs Member

But the investigators said ET was logging in and responding to TC drafts. So TC had intent to use the draft file to perpetrate inappropriate contact with ET. Additionally, that he allowed ET access to a school account like that was another violation. That he did this smacks of ego or stupidity. Most people know that company computers can be legally monitored by the company owner, but as evidenced by TC's websites, he is no computer guru so his stupidity may have left the investigators a huge lead.

16. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

They were still in hiding and cover up mode. This may have been the only way to communicate.

17. Whiteorchids

[emoji1303]

18. Whiteorchids

19. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Yea! I love KOA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.