Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Yep. I do think this guy has taken ET off the grid. He probably is prepared to be "disappeared" for a long time. I think they are not using any pre-paid cards or electronic devices. I think they are using cash only and doing so very sparingly to make it last.

I think they might move around this summer throughout the country. My guess is the vehicle has been ditched and they either are riding the bus or train, which you can ride without having to show ID, or they bought a beater vehicle for cash from a "no questions asked" seller.

In a few months, they might get some temporary jobs that pay in cash in places that don't ask questions about your past.

They will eventually need to have some permanence....he's 50 and not getting younger, and she could very well end up pregnant.

But I think for now, they are just thinking about the next few months and then will make a new plan after they've been gone for awhile. One step at a time. Step 1: escape. Step 2: Hide. Step 3: Set up new life.

I hope for a sighting or for ET to somehow reach out....but my hunch is that this is going to take awhile.

Just my idea of what he is planning. Not fact.

jmo

Maybe he's headed to a state where he can legally marry her when she turns age 16 --- never mind, he's already married.

Bare with me if this has been discussed (I've read 80% of the threads so far) but I keep questioning the weight listed for TC. Now I'm 5'10" and have a similar girth as TC. I weight between 208 +/- 2 lbs every morning. I keep looking at his chubby cheeks and how he fills out his shirt in the most recent pix that are released. If he is 6' then he is 215 - 220 lbs easily. I'm not sure this makes a difference in the long run but I just had to mention it.

BBM

Yep. I do think this guy has taken ET off the grid. He probably is prepared to be "disappeared" for a long time. I think they are not using any pre-paid cards or electronic devices. I think they are using cash only and doing so very sparingly to make it last.

I think they might move around this summer throughout the country. My guess is the vehicle has been ditched and they either are riding the bus or train, which you can ride without having to show ID, or they bought a beater vehicle for cash from a "no questions asked" seller.

In a few months, they might get some temporary jobs that pay in cash in places that don't ask questions about your past.

They will eventually need to have some permanence....he's 50 and not getting younger, and she could very well end up pregnant.

But I think for now, they are just thinking about the next few months and then will make a new plan after they've been gone for awhile. One step at a time. Step 1: escape. Step 2: Hide. Step 3: Set up new life.

I hope for a sighting or for ET to somehow reach out....but my hunch is that this is going to take awhile.

Just my idea of what he is planning. Not fact.

jmo

Probably not riding the train or a bus. There are cameras in most major terminals where tickets are bought and sold. I am thinking more of a camper or large SUV...

I don't have the first solid thing to go on here, but my gut is telling me that the drive to Decatur was intended to send LE looking in the wrong direction. I'd bet almost anything they headed North East from Decatur. And you can be sure they have burner phones.

Bare with me if this has been discussed (I've read 80% of the threads so far) but I keep questioning the weight listed for TC. Now I'm 5'10" and have a similar girth as TC. I weight between 208 +/- 2 lbs every morning. I keep looking at his chubby cheeks and how he fills out his shirt in the most recent pix that are released. If he is 6' then he is 215 - 220 lbs easily. I'm not sure this makes a difference in the long run but I just had to mention it.

On the run, he might be losing weight. Something to consider too. He might be looking slimmer soon. jmo

From recent comments, I gather that it was reported that TC sold his CIA story to not just ET (as I previously assumed and even posted my thoughts on), but to other students in his classes over the years. I have to ask....how much free reign was this guy given in the classroom? Because if potentially hundreds of kids were aware of TC's "background" over time, wouldn't someone else in the school know as well? Was Mr. Cool Teacher given a pass on this sort of thing because "that's just how Tad is" and that sure, his teaching methods are a bit unconventional but look how much the students love him!

Also, how many teenage girls did TC wind up driving to church? I'm thinking ET and Parrish aren't the only ones. Did anyone around not find this pattern off-putting?

I don't have the first solid thing to go on here, but my gut is telling me that the drive to Decatur was intended to send LE looking in the wrong direction. I'd bet almost anything they headed North East from Decatur. And you can be sure they have burner phones.

Why would they bother with phones? Real question, not snark. I think they would ditch everything including the car, phone, credit cards of any sort, including pre-paid.

jmo

I agree. My husband is 6'0 and 220. TD appears larger in pictures than my husband. ET is also reported to only be 5'0. IMO accurate discriptions are needed and do make a difference.

Central America isn't on top of my list, but it is on my list. The question, though, is how would they get there?

jmo

Drive a dirt road into Mexico, work your way down as fast as you can. I am not sure of the best route, but if my life depended on it, I would have a pretty good idea of where, when, and how to take the best route. I do think there is a big risk in Mexico but it is the best logical way to get out of the US without papers.

I don't think getting into Guatemala will be difficult. I don't have that experience but I can tell you that it takes little research to get between Belize and Guatemala without papers. The mountains of Guatemala can be dangerous but is a reasonable place to hide for quite a while.

The above is my opinion only.

The Rural mountains of NC are about 8 hours NE. There are many places to hide along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Weather is mild as well.
Just brainstorming. This post may be way off.

The northeast is crawling with survelliance cameras and plate checkers. Every few miles there's another toll (if you are thinking from Virginia on north).

I can see him laying low in the Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona area where the weather is warming this time of year, the area is sparse and the internet service almost non-existent.

As for Canada, where can you travel into Canada without being stopped? Over 20 years ago we went to Niagara Falls and decided to cross the border into Canada for lunch. Although at the time we didn't need passports to get in and out of the country, we were stopped and questioned, showed our drivers licenses for ID and were sent on our way. But we did need to stop and they did check us out.

Drive a dirt road into Mexico, work your way down as fast as you can. I am not sure of the best route, but if my life depended on it, I would have a pretty good idea of where, when, and how to take the best route. I do think there is a big risk in Mexico but it is the best logical way to get out of the US without papers.

I don't think getting into Guatemala will be difficult. I don't have that experience but I can tell you that it takes little research to get between Belize and Guatemala without papers. The mountains of Guatemala can be dangerous but is a reasonable place to hide for quite a while.

About this Mexico thing, it's extremely dangerous and if they upon a cartel road block, they will check them out before anything else.
I also hear they are not very nice and friendly.

Why would they bother with phones? Real question, not snark. I think they would ditch everything including the car, phone, credit cards of any sort, including pre-paid.

jmo

Phones are useful, and if you get one that can't be traced, why wouldn't you?

Affluenza mom made it to Puerto Vallarta by car through Texas so if she can go undetected, there must be a way to get that far south.

Although it would make more sense to head up to Canada. Easy to get in, lots of places to hide, English is spoken,etc. And it's in the complete opposite direction of where most would think to look. They could easily drive across the border and not even have to go through any border crossings and risk being seen.

You make some great points.

I am leaning to the south due to the climate (part of the fantasy), the distance from US media, and the missionary "cover". As far as language, English is taught in most CA schools.

I think both theories are very reasonable.

The northeast is crawling with survelliance cameras and plate checkers. Every few miles there's another toll (if you are thinking from Virginia on north).

I can see him laying low in the Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona area where the weather is warming this time of year, the area is sparse and the internet service almost non-existent.

As for Canada, where can you travel into Canada without being stopped? Over 20 years ago we went to Niagara Falls and decided to cross the border into Canada for lunch. Although at the time we didn't need passports to get in and out of the country, we were stopped and questioned, showed our drivers licenses for ID and were sent on our way. But we did need to stop and they did check us out.

No, I was actually thinking East TN.

BBM
Canada is very expensive to be pinching pennies, I would imagine. But hey, I've only ran away once as an adult.

If he took her over into Mexico, he's a lot dumber than I give him credit for. Existing in Mexico is not a pleasant thing unless you are staying at an American-based tourist resort. And if you are, $4500 bucks is going to last about 2 weeks.....MAX. Maybe 3 if you limit your Pena-Colada intake. Once you get 20 miles south of the border and further, running across people that can speak English gets harder and harder to find. A chubby white guy with a 15 year old girl in tow would stick out like a sore thumb in about 95% of the country. The two of them would be highly noticeable because they would be so out of place. If they chose to stay in an area where lots of American tourist congregate, the chance of them being recognized by someone who has seen the Amber Alert is through the roof. Once he got into Mexico, he would literally be stuck, because there would be no way for him to get back out unless he pulled out his drivers license and revealed his identity to the border patrol agents as well as ET's.
I hate to say it, but Mexico is far more dangerous for her than he is. They'd kill him and do who knows what to her. She'd be valuable, that's for sure. He'd be handing them a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74