Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Whatley said these actions were all a part of the grooming process that allowed Cummins to gain control of Elizabeth’s mind."
Sounds like an opinon to me.
My opinion is that he could of been giving her special treatment because she was so abused and depressed and he felt sorry for her.
The FACT is, he was a teacher, not a therapist. His job was to send her to the counselor and make some referrals so a professional could help her with her issues.

There ARE ethics codes for teachers. That's another fact. While I'm not familiar with all of them, I'm certain he has not complied with most, based on reports.

Just throwing it out there, but from all his IG pics he really likes the beach. Plus, his FB account left a review at this place so he's been there before, and... it's a straight shot down the highway from where their phones last pinged.

You might be exactly right, it just seems risky.

The above is my opinion only.

this was just posted on my fb feed...

on the latest crime stories podcast, nancy grace spoke with lawyer jason whaley on friday, about missing tennessee teen, elizabeth thomas, and the man who likely abducted her. Whaley, an attorney for elizabeth’s father, revealed more shocking details regarding inappropriate contact, special treatment, and outrageous lies told to gain students’ admiration.
jason whaley, founder of whatley & associates in columbia, tennessee, said that tad cummins’ relationship with 15-year-old elizabeth was not really a secret at culleoka unit school, where he taught a respiratory therapy health science classes. witnesses reported that the former teacher, 50, would openly give elizabeth back and shoulder massages in the school cafeteria.
the pair were also reportedly caught holding hands on several occasions. Even more shocking, a student reported seeing elizabeth fast asleep on a bed that cummins had in his classroom. He apparently had a hospital bed in his room for teaching purposes, but allowed elizabeth the privilege of sleeping on the bed, alone in the room.
in other instances, elizabeth was allegedly allowed to leave class to visit cummins, who had a “special seat” by his desk, reserved just for her. Whatley said these actions were all a part of the grooming process that allowed cummins to gain control of elizabeth’s mind.

Source:
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...der-massages-holding-hands-special-treatment/

no words.

Longer than your average teen, imo. She was bullied at school and had been abused at home. What's to be homesick for?
This scares me. If she isn't homesick, she has no real motivation to leave TC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Bringing over pics to show ET with different colors to her hair

68a68e2a93e97f5364a238494f7b5fb6.jpg

8e0efb4e46a92a1b30f84d54149f47b8.jpg

220e633235a76808aac91b4a1ab80ed7.jpg

2d6fc57716f704f1e5ac53019442bdf5.jpg

f351601c0b5923e85d21b286e1254c00.jpg

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

This was just posted on my FB feed...

On the latest Crime Stories podcast, Nancy Grace spoke with lawyer Jason Whaley on Friday, about missing Tennessee teen, Elizabeth Thomas, and the man who likely abducted her. Whaley, an attorney for Elizabeth’s father, revealed more shocking details regarding inappropriate contact, special treatment, and outrageous lies told to gain students’ admiration.
Jason Whaley, founder of Whatley & Associates in Columbia, Tennessee, said that Tad Cummins’ relationship with 15-year-old Elizabeth was not really a secret at Culleoka Unit School, where he taught a respiratory therapy health science classes. Witnesses reported that the former teacher, 50, would openly give Elizabeth back and shoulder massages in the school cafeteria.
The pair were also reportedly caught holding hands on several occasions. Even more shocking, a student reported seeing Elizabeth fast asleep on a bed that Cummins had in his classroom. He apparently had a hospital bed in his room for teaching purposes, but allowed Elizabeth the privilege of sleeping on the bed, alone in the room.
In other instances, Elizabeth was allegedly allowed to leave class to visit Cummins, who had a “special seat” by his desk, reserved just for her. Whatley said these actions were all a part of the grooming process that allowed Cummins to gain control of Elizabeth’s mind.

Source:
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...der-massages-holding-hands-special-treatment/

My gosh.... 😨

The FACT is, he was a teacher, not a therapist. His job was to send her to the counselor and make some referrals so a professional could help her with her issues.

There ARE ethics codes for teachers. That's another fact. While I'm not familiar with all of them, I'm certain he has not complied with most, based on reports.

True, but he was also human and had emotions.

This was just posted on my FB feed...

On the latest Crime Stories podcast, Nancy Grace spoke with lawyer Jason Whaley on Friday, about missing Tennessee teen, Elizabeth Thomas, and the man who likely abducted her. Whaley, an attorney for Elizabeth’s father, revealed more shocking details regarding inappropriate contact, special treatment, and outrageous lies told to gain students’ admiration.
Jason Whaley, founder of Whatley & Associates in Columbia, Tennessee, said that Tad Cummins’ relationship with 15-year-old Elizabeth was not really a secret at Culleoka Unit School, where he taught a respiratory therapy health science classes. Witnesses reported that the former teacher, 50, would openly give Elizabeth back and shoulder massages in the school cafeteria.
The pair were also reportedly caught holding hands on several occasions. Even more shocking, a student reported seeing Elizabeth fast asleep on a bed that Cummins had in his classroom. He apparently had a hospital bed in his room for teaching purposes, but allowed Elizabeth the privilege of sleeping on the bed, alone in the room.
In other instances, Elizabeth was allegedly allowed to leave class to visit Cummins, who had a “special seat” by his desk, reserved just for her. Whatley said these actions were all a part of the grooming process that allowed Cummins to gain control of Elizabeth’s mind.

Source:

IF this is truly the case, I'm more than shocked no other teacher or student said something before 'the kiss'. Who caught them holding hands, who caught the massages? The sleeping on the bed in his room, given the circumstances SHE posted about her bed at home, i could write off much easier as it sounds like she was sleeping on a couch for awhile at home til she finally got a new bed... but the rest?????

HOWEVER, this also COULD be a lawyer spin looking for a huge payout from the school district, since we've not heard any of this before and 'everyone' was surprised when it happened. I'll reserve judgement on this til i see the proof or other statements. Unfortunately, i do think these kind of cases bring out the people who also want their 15 minutes in the spotlight and will make crap up to get it. Sad, but true.

Ok, found some words....if the massages alone are true, then how in the heck was an investigation of TC by the school administration not already happening?

True, but he was also human and had emotions.
We all do. Sometimes when the baby won't stop screaming, I have emotions. Guess what? I'm an adult, so instead of harming the baby, I take some deep breaths and do what I can to soothe her. Because I am the adult.

We can't just go around acting on our emotions and expect no consequences. Most people learn this as toddlers.

This is all just so very wrong. I can't believe he was so blatantly doing this in front of everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, and no one saw anything. SMH

A bed in his room? What purpose does respiratory therapy, forensics or whatever the hell he taught in that classroom have to do with a hospital bed!!!

Grrrr.... the s*** he got away with at the school is mind boggling!!

I think we can all agree that if it was our 15 year old child and a 50 year old person was THIS interested in our child we would have issues. Personally I would snap. Nothing about it is right. I confided in my guidance counsellor who was a male as well. He genuinely cared for me and ensured I got help from the right resources. This man could have really saved Lizzy if he wanted to. He never wanted that. She was prey and he was a hunter.

Here's a closeup picture of the lamp that she got him and what he says about.
It's from his Culleoka Hosa FB Page.
attachment.php

"One of my favorite presents this year...a himalayan salt lamp for my desk at school! It's supposed to flood the room with negative ions which cleans the air, eases allergies, & improves moods. The orange glow is also supposed to be very beneficial light therapy. Does it work? I don't know but I like it!"

Here's the FB page link:
https://www.facebook.com/CulleokaHOSA?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Attachments

• 15781469_1210455199040835_1244357576795848232_n.jpg
    15781469_1210455199040835_1244357576795848232_n.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 264
Since he worked Katrina Hurricane relief I would guess he is familiar with the areas of NO that may not have been built up again. Hope they are checking the abandoned, condemned homes for him. He also posted on his Twitter I think about a gadget that you use like a straw that purifies water. Those Katrina damaged homes are very dangerous though in terms of mold. But he probably figures a 'respiratory therapist' can cure anything.

The picture of the lamp has a Christmas tree. Did he unwrap the gift at home?? Blah

... from the above link....

Cummins, according to Whatley, treated students as friends. He let them call him by his first name and told grand, yet likely false stories about being involved in the CIA and having a secret hideaway in Honduras that he could flee to when he “got tired of Columbia.”

Can he get her to Honduras???????
He also paid her to be good. I don't see how everyone at the school missed the signs. Here's a quote from her sister

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

Ok, found some words....if the massages alone are true, then how in the heck was an investigation of TC by the school administration not already happening?

I am not defending the school in any way, but understand this is what is being publicly stated now. It is easy to assume that people were saying this previously but they may not have been, at least to the school administration. It seems like the students liked him and may not have wanted to be the one to bring this to admin's attention.

Again, just trying to consider other possibilities on the school's actions with this particular piece of information.

It appears to me that the kiss should have been dealt with sooner that is was.

The above is my opinion only.

He also paid her to be good. I don't see how everyone at the school missed the signs. Here's a quote from her sister

S. THOMAS: I felt like it was kind of weird because when they were in the classroom together, he would pay her to be good. He would, like, give her*

20 bucks. And you know, every -- in a few days, he would look at it and say, you know -- he would want her to sit next to him, and you know, if she*

was good for a few days, she would get $20. And I thought that was weird. And he would always claim that he seen her as a kid. And I`m, like, I*

don`t think that if you seen her as a kid, you would pay her to be good.

IMO, signs were not missed. I think there was a lot of looking the other way. I'm livid.

IMO, signs were not missed. I think there was a lot of looking the other way. I'm livid.
The stories that are coming out are unbelievable. Sleeping in his room paying her the microwave[emoji36]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members