Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the only room in a high school, that needs a bed, is the nurse's office.

From what we have seen He is. Could be a front but IMO DCS has already checked him out. They were redoing ETs room and just bought her a new bed when she was kidnapped by all accounts she was excited to be with her Dad

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Well, thats good to know.Maybe she'll come home soon. :)

Since he worked Katrina Hurricane relief I would guess he is familiar with the areas of NO that may not have been built up again. Hope they are checking the abandoned, condemned homes for him. He also posted on his Twitter I think about a gadget that you use like a straw that purifies water. Those Katrina damaged homes are very dangerous though in terms of mold. But he probably figures a 'respiratory therapist' can cure anything.

Some good thoughts, however, I learned this week that after 11 years, most of those abandoned houses have been or are being torn down by local governments.

Your thought is possible but not as a long term option.

The above is my opinion only.

You might be exactly right, it just seems risky.

I agree it's risky but the whole tragic mess is risky. I don't think this guy is an idiot, so he has to know he's going to get caught, eventually. But maybe, just maybe... he never anticipated the whole country would know all about it?

IF this is truly the case, I'm more than shocked no other teacher or student said something before 'the kiss'. Who caught them holding hands, who caught the massages? The sleeping on the bed in his room, given the circumstances SHE posted about her bed at home, i could write off much easier as it sounds like she was sleeping on a couch for awhile at home til she finally got a new bed... but the rest?????

HOWEVER, this also COULD be a lawyer spin looking for a huge payout from the school district, since we've not heard any of this before and 'everyone' was surprised when it happened. I'll reserve judgement on this til i see the proof or other statements. Unfortunately, i do think these kind of cases bring out the people who also want their 15 minutes in the spotlight and will make crap up to get it. Sad, but true.
The HUGE payout you said. In TN we can only sue for 300,000 and her father hasn't said he is suing. The lawyer has stated they are working to change the law for future victims. He may sue Idk but he's capped by 300,000

I find it hard to believe that shoulder rubs, hand holding and sleeping on a bed in his classroom were ignored, and that it took a student to say she/he saw a kiss and that's what it took to investigate. How could all that be happening and nothing done about it?

Here's a closeup picture of the lamp that she got him and what he says about.
It's from his Culleoka Hosa FB Page.
attachment.php

"One of my favorite presents this year...a himalayan salt lamp for my desk at school! It's supposed to flood the room with negative ions which cleans the air, eases allergies, & improves moods. The orange glow is also supposed to be very beneficial light therapy. Does it work? I don't know but I like it!"

Here's the FB page link:
https://www.facebook.com/CulleokaHOSA?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

Well thank goodness he wasn't a science teacher.

Destiny Parrish, a former student of Cummins’, said she used to attend church with him after he had invited her.

On the last day she saw Cummins before leaving Tennessee, they “shared a moment.” He hugged her, and they were both close to tears. Parrish said he told her, “Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you’re not beautiful.”

“It’s definitely a terrifying thing to think you know someone as well as you do, and you don’t know a thing about them,” she said.

http://q13fox.com/2017/03/24/missing-tennessee-student-school-chief-appeals-for-girls-safe-return/

The HUGE payout you said. In TN we can only sue for 300,000 and her father hasn't said he is suing. The lawyer has stated they are working to change the law for future victims. He may sue Idk but he's capped by 300,000

Thank you... yes, i read about the 300k cap, and saw that they wanted to change that. Just seems fishy to me the lawyer being so involved it there is NOT a lawsuit. LE should have found these things out, and if they did and the lawyer is stating them publicly, there is a reason, IMO. But then again i just may be a little biased right now with following the JBR case and dealing with a 'LIN WOOD' type lawyer. :)

I think people are coming forward now because of what he's done. While he was still in the school anyone who spoke out was bullied. They may feel safe now IMO

Destiny Parrish, a former student of Cummins’, said she used to attend church with him after he had invited her.

On the last day she saw Cummins before leaving Tennessee, they “shared a moment.” He hugged her, and they were both close to tears. Parrish said he told her, “Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you’re not beautiful.”

“It’s definitely a terrifying thing to think you know someone as well as you do, and you don’t know a thing about them,” she said.

http://q13fox.com/2017/03/24/missing-tennessee-student-school-chief-appeals-for-girls-safe-return/

Why were they close to tears?

Thank you... yes, i read about the 300k cap, and saw that they wanted to change that. Just seems fishy to me the lawyer being so involved it there is NOT a lawsuit. LE should have found these things out, and if they did and the lawyer is stating them publicly, there is a reason, IMO. But then again i just may be a little biased right now with following the JBR case and dealing with a 'LIN WOOD' type lawyer. :)
It's healthy to be skeptical[emoji1] btw LW is something else isn't he? Man he's as slimy as TC to me

Dozens gathered in Columbia on Saturday to pray for Thomas' safe return. Family and friends were there, along with the sheriff and concerned strangers.

Maury County Superintendent Dr. Chris Marczak was not in attendance. Channel 4 has learned he was at the Graymere Country Club for a birthday party.

Channel 4 has obtained photos that night that show him smiling, but the photographer won't give permission to use them.

Channel 4 would like to ask Marczak why he did not attend the vigil, why the district waited 14 days to suspend Cummins after he was allegedly caught kissing Thomas at school and whether they ever called police.

The problem? The school district has repeatedly denied Channel 4's requests for an interview. In fact, when Channel 4 showed up to the school board last week, they called law enforcement.

Channel 4 even tried reaching out to Marczak on Twitter asking why he had not tweeted or retweeted anything about the Amber Alert. Channel 4 did not receive a response, but he did retweet the TBI's Amber Alert four days later.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/34990820/questions-remain-about-school-districts-response-to-amber-alert

I mentioned something to this effect this earlier today but I'm going to go ahead and repeat the sentiment because I'm fuming over here. I think it's becoming more and more obvious that the "Cool Teacher" was given free reign due his popularity with "the kids". It's hard to get teenagers to enjoy school or even in some cases pay attention in class so the fact that TC was able command enjoyment and attention in his classes was enough for the adults to chalk up any weird behavior to "unconventional teaching methods". I can almost guarantee that more is going to come about in regards to his classroom antics and spoiler alert: it's not going to be good.

I find it hard to believe that shoulder rubs, hand holding and sleeping on a bed in his classroom were ignored, and that it took a student to say she/he saw a kiss and that's what it took to investigate. How could all that be happening and nothing done about it?
Most students loved him. He was the cool teacher. They hung out in his classroom. The few who did try to speak out were also bullied. This is a small town most of these kids have went to school together since kindergarten

I'm not defending the school at all, but I would imagine that the administration really didn't have any idea what was going on. How often do you think they were checking up on him in his classroom? I'm very surprised that no one reported him much earlier, though. Obviously the students were aware of what was going on, and I would think some of the other teachers were as well.

I agree it's risky but the whole tragic mess is risky. I don't think this guy is an idiot, so he has to know he's going to get caught, eventually. But maybe, just maybe... he never anticipated the whole country would know all about it?

I agree that he is smart (not as much as he thinks) and did not anticipate that this would get the attention it has.

With the above assumptions, and knowing he has nothing to go back to, what is a reasonable thing for him to do? Make it last as long as possible. What is the best way to do that?

Thinking long-term, you need the ability to sustain the basics of food and shelter with the least amount of risk. The best solution, in my mind, is in another country. What are the options? North to Canada or south to Central America (CA). I think CA gives better options and fits his profile the best.

Then again, they could be somewhere on the Natchez Trace on a motorcycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member