Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of "if's" in this. And mind you we're talking state law, not federal law (if he's taken her across state lines it becomes federal and falls into those statutes). So the nuts and bolts is, it's a misdemeanor to kidnap anyone over the age of 13, with some caveats. Now it's a felony if the defendant had a weapon in his possession at the time, however if he doesn't injure her or let's her go, that will lessen the sentence again. With what happened in regards to this kidnapping there could be other charges levied and the longer he holds her the more likely they'll add those charges rather than take them away. Not that he's given a free pass, but the sooner he returns her the more the courts will look at that as taking responsibility and remorse and they'll reward that. That he used a computer and may have enticed her to leave isn't good, but even that will be overlooked if he returns her, especially if he is willing to enroll in a program to "help" himself. So there's lots of ifs and buts, depending on how long he keeps her, what condition she is when she is returned and whether or not she was well cared for during the imprisonment. And it matters if he took her across state lines. The main thing is, the longer this drags on the worse it is for him.
So there language could be as simple as our state attorney would not be the one to charge him federally and they are trying to lure TC back?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Gosh I was gone all day and I haven't read all the posts but I never realized land was so cheap. Guess I have my work cut out for me....I'll be emailing all of these realtors tonight. Who knew land was so cheap? And fyi that one in Alaska for super cheap....DIBS
You can choose options of land "type" on left drop down and you betcha I'm emailing them ALL. Could he have been buying cheap land for the past several months???http://www.landandfarm.com/search/Natural-Forest-for-sale/?SortBy=Price&CurrentPage=1

She's underage so statutory rape is a possibility.

Time and time again, I say that if you are a parent you need to know and understand the age of consent laws in your state.
I'm in South Carolina and it is perfectly legal for a 16 yo and a 50 year old to engage in a physical intimate relationship (s-x).
So look closely at your own state laws to determine age factors.
JMO

Time and time again, I say that if you are a parent you need to know and understand the age of consent laws in your state.
I'm in South Carolina and it is perfectly legal for a 16 yo and a 50 year old to engage in a physical intimate relationship (s-x).
JMO

Thank you.

Something to consider: The weather here in Alabama isn't conducive to outdoor camping, per se. Rain and thunderstorms are covering widespread areas. As of right now, the Montgomery area is experiencing light rain, with heavy rain and thunderstorms expected soon...and throughout the night, Sunday morning.

Not the best "hiding" conditions, which might be good for LE. ??

The same thing is happening in Arkansas, which a few people have suggested as a possible place for them to be hiding out. Spring in the Mid-South isn't a great time for long-term camping. It's almost tornado season. We've already had watches and warning alerts this month.

My guess would be they were heading for the Gulf since her phone pinged in Alabama. Florida, possibly, is where they were headed. It wouldn't be hard to go off the grid there or find a boat to get them to the Caribbean.

So there language could be as simple as our state attorney would not be the one to charge him federally and they are trying to lure TC back?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I think they're giving him his options, letting him know at this time he still has some. But that window could close if he doesn't act soon. Returning her sooner makes it more like a rash action, but the longer he keeps her, the longer he interferes with the custody of her parents and God forbid anything should happen to her, the more "damage" they will determine for her and the worse it is for him. I don't think they're "luring" because nothing they're putting out there is inaccurate, I think they're merely using the article to communicate with him to come to his senses before this gets worse.

The same thing is happening in Arkansas, which a few people have suggested as a possible place for them to be hiding out. Spring in the Mid-South isn't a great time for long-term camping. It's almost tornado season. We've already had watches and warning alerts this month.

My guess would be they were heading for the Gulf since her phone pinged in Alabama. Florida, possibly, is where they were headed. It wouldn't be hard to go off the grid there or find a boat to get them to the Caribbean.

I agree. It isn't that difficult to take a cruise, like a lot of people are thinking.

Their hometown is literally 1 hour away from Decatur, a single stretch of I65. The fact that they pinged in that region is in no way an indicator of any specific route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her Brother said she loves Disney Princesses especially beauty and the beast what are the chances of them going in disguise to Disney world?

[bolded by me]

If they could get to Mobile, once they left Mobile Bay they would be able to reach the Caribbean! Let's hope this isn't their plan!

JMO
I'm not sure if TN has a legality that raises the age of consent in relationships where the legal adult is in a position of "trust" i.e. a teacher, counselor, etc. just adding for clarification, the age of consent in TN is 18, but some states do have safeguards against an adult taking advantage of their position where age of consent is lower.

JMO

I'm not a parent, but I'm a lawyer in AZ. Sexual conduct with a minor between the ages of 15 - 18 is a class 6 felony here.

We just hade horrible massive storms with tornado warnings last night in Arkansas. Unless they have a camper they're going to be miserable campers. And if there are tornados even a camper trailer won't be good enough.

Her Brother said she loves Disney Princesses especially beauty and the beast what are the chances of them going in disguise to Disney world?

sFirst k post as Can't but I've been following for some time. Thinking friends know more than has been shared.

Their hometown is literally 1 hour away from Decatur, a single stretch of I65. The fact that they pinged in that region is in no way an indicator of any specific route.

Her father's lawyer seems to think that it's likely they are going to the Florida panhandle.

We just hade horrible massive storms with tornado warnings last night in Arkansas. Unless they have a camper they're going to be miserable campers. And if there are tornados even a camper trailer won't be good enough.

Yes, and earlier this week (or last week, I can't remember) we had warnings at 2 and 3 am. It's pretty early in the year for this and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets worse.

Wow, she really IS immature. How could he stand it? Here I was thinking that she would be depressed because she is going to fall further behind her peers with her schoolwork while she is off the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998