Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Instagram has a post on how to start a fire with a lemon. He's been thinking about doing this for a long time.

I think this is the crazy part about participating here. That we can't help but thinking, What would *I* do in his position?

*If* I had already done all the other crazy things he'd done (broken laws; kidnapped a girl), and I wanted to start a new life with her, I would for sure see it as an "All-In" scenario. It's either succeed or be jailed forever...or live in hiding forever. So I would absolutely prep to try to get out of the country.

But it's crazy to even apply what I would do because I WOULD NEVER DO WHAT HE'S DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE. Clearly, he and I don't think alike. So he might not be doing what any of us, who are on the right side of the law, think would make sense. He might be coming at things from unexpected angles we can't fathom...just like we can't fathom walking off with someone's 15 year old.

Of course. "What would you do?" is not a literal question of what any of us would actually do.

But we can think through scenarios and make some judgement calls on what seems most reasonable, given what we know about the perp.

jmo

The fact there has been no confirmed sightings rules out for me any locations very far away or heavily populated. He's staying off the grid laying low somewhere not very heavily trafficked IMO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

He posted a lot about the beach and survival. The only place close that would have both is the Apalachicola National Forest on the panhandle. It's a half million acres of uninhabited nothingness. I've driven through there and you can go 20 miles and not see anyone. I believe there are only about 3-4 campgrounds in hundreds of sq/miles. It also borders the beach and looks about a tank of gas from Decatur.

Of course. "What would you do?" is not a literal question of what any of us would actually do.

But we can think through scenarios and make some judgement calls on what seems most reasonable, given what we know about the perp.

jmo

For sure. No, I get it. I wasn't arguing with you.

It just made me think about the irony because I do sit here and argue, "I think he *would* go to Mexico" (bc I am putting myself in his shoes like your question suggests). To me, getting out of the country seems like his only *REAL* chance to start a new life.

But, unrelated to your question...and just an observation, it does occur to me that maybe I should stop leaning so heavily toward that. Because he's consumed with infatuation and illusion. He has chosen to throw away his life and family. He may not be in a place to see it my way (or what seems to me to be the most logical way) at all.

:) Good question from you either way. I agree that he's not risking Disney World. He's lost too much to take that kind of risk. He's got a lot riding on this working.

He posted a lot about the beach and survival. The only place close that would have both is the Apalachicola National Forest on the panhandle. It's a half million acres of uninhabited nothingness. I've driven through there and you can go 20 miles and not see anyone. I believe there are only about 3-4 campgrounds in hundreds of sq/miles. It also borders the beach and looks about a tank of gas from Decatur.
It's pretty chilly at night up this way still so if they are camping that sounds perfect for them. It was in the 20s and 30s at night these last 2 weeks

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

jmo

He's controlling and manipulative, right? He's the only one of the two who drives, right? And their cell phones are off, or they discarded them, or they are not charged, because they are not pinging on any towers.

He has her right where he wants her - under his control. It's quite possible, even likely, that she is not in a position to call for help nor run away.

He or they will eventually need to surface - for food, gas, and money. I keep saying that. I also keep saying that he's an average-looking guy driving a very typical vehicle. It will take luck and eagle eyes to spot him/them.

He's controlling and manipulative, right? He's the only one of the two who drives, right? And their cell phones are off, or they discarded them, or they are not charged, because they are not pinging on any towers.

He has her right where he wants her - under his control. It's quite possible, even likely, that she is not in a position to call for help nor run away.

He or they will eventually need to surface - for food, gas, and money. I keep saying that. I also keep saying that he's an average-looking guy driving a very typical vehicle. It will take luck and eagle eyes to spot him/them.

BBM

I was thinking about that today. Individually, I don't think either of them would stand out as recognizable, especially if they have changed their hair, wore a hat, etc. Together, they might stand out....but might just look like a father and daughter.

The license plate would be caught by LE as they do run plates as a regular thing. But, I'm thinking the vehicle is hidden somewhere and they aren't driving it.

jmo

Here's a link to TripAdvisor comments about this area. Sounds very remote. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...cola_National_Forest-Tallahassee_Florida.html

Here's a link to camping options there: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/apalachicola/recreation/camping-cabins

BBM He's got to be in TN. Think about it, he's driving a car with TN license plates. If he's outside the state, in FL for example, he'd stick out more in his typical vehicle. Easier to hide out in the vehicle in TN than in another state, unless he's changed the plates. So he goes to Decatur, pings the cell tower, drops the phone and goes back to TN. That's when they pick up her dropped bag and head to the woods. KISS (keep it simple stupid).

He's going down because I've been giving him stink eye AND ojo for days!! I'd know him anywhere! So I noticed he's got a bald spot on his head (per a Twitter comment), drinks Silk (maybe lactose intolerant??) and has a southern drawl. Has anyone heard Elizabeth's voice? Could be very helpful.

Fat chance but ok. Lol. Either on foot switched plates from an old junkyard. They could have driven it into a lake to ditch, even a storage unit. once that amber alert popped up they ditched it. Could have even walked into some old used car lot paid cash for a cheap car.

Well since we know he read How to Fight a Bear and Win, he must be a survival expert too. Add that to his LONG list of accomplishments. That book looks pretty interesting and has a lot of survival tips – for a bathroom reader.

From the summary:
“How to Fight a Bear and Win is a new approach to survival guides and how-to books. This book provides step-by-step instructions for how to make do in any rugged terrain, but with a twist. This isn’t the kind of book that will tell you how to make a fire by rubbing two sticks together—it will tell you how to make a fire using a car battery. It will also tell you how to… • Swing from a vine like Tarzan • Land an airplane in an emergency • Fight a bear…and win • Perform emergency surgery in the woods • Identify what insects you can—and cannot—eat.”

I think swinging from a vine like Tarzan would be a real stretch for TC and an insult to Tarzan and trees in general, and he is probably already expert in flying planes, jets and interstellar vehicles, but making fire and the some of the survival tips could be very useful and suggest he could be in a forest environment. The table of contents includes: How to perform a tracheotomy, set a broken bone, negotiate a hostage situation, and believe it or not, how to perform an exorcism.

Not a bad set of life skills for $10 and a visit to the bathroom.

I was expecting the SAS guide. That book looked more novelty than super useful.

Oh and I asked my guy where he would go if he kidnapped a young girl (same scenario). Well jeez...the look he gave me! Anyways..He said "Alaska...nobody would find you there". He used to fish up there and said plenty of barren places...villages without tv, internet. MOO is that he had a place picked out already and had stockpiled it. Wonder if his wife noticed cash withdrawals a lot....so purchases couldn't be traced.

Is it ok to post a you tube video of him giving a CPR class to students? Most of the time his head cutoff. I got grossed out when he had them do mouth to mouth on resuscitation Annie.

He's going down because I've been giving him stink eye AND ojo for days!! I'd know him anywhere! So I noticed he's got a bald spot on his head (per a Twitter comment), drinks Silk (maybe lactose intolerant??) and has a southern drawl. Has anyone heard Elizabeth's voice? Could be very helpful.
subtle lisp apparently

Fat chance but ok. Lol. Either on foot switched plates from an old junkyard. They could have driven it into a lake to ditch, even a storage unit. once that amber alert popped up they ditched it. Could have even walked into some old used car lot paid cash for a cheap car.
Had that though about driving the Rogue into a lake. But they'd eventually need a vehicle. Did he buy a beater? We need answers

Oh and I asked my guy where he would go if he kidnapped a young girl (same scenario). Well jeez...the look he gave me! Anyways..He said "Alaska...nobody would find you there". He used to fish up there and said plenty of barren places...villages without tv, internet. MOO is that he had a place picked out already and had stockpiled it. Wonder if his wife noticed cash withdrawals a lot....so purchases couldn't be traced.

Alaska
The age of consent is sixteen. Parties can marry at a younger age, also with parental consent. Common law marriage is not recognized.

Can pappy - TC forge a consent?

This might sound brash but if Elizabeth had already started her period....what 15 year old wants to walk around dripping blood?? Did he stock up on those supplies too? I feel she's gonna make a break for it and he's not going to let her leave.

Had that though about driving the Rogue into a lake. But they'd eventually need a vehicle. Did he buy a beater? We need answers

IMHO, they need a vehicle and I don't see them ditching a perfectly good one, a late model silver SUV that looks like a zillion others. I can imagine switching the plates or covering the plates with paper dealer plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member