Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forthefreefood

forthefreefood Active Member

This is a good point.. spending the night at a friends house after makes sense.

2. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

I believe it was around 7:30 pm.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

3. Irishboy

Irishboy Well-Known Member

Question for the cell experts here. If the SIM card is changed does that create a different ping pattern than the original? (So LE would not be able to detect the new one?)

4. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

I've always been under the impression that cell phone continue to ping to the closest towers even when they are turned off. Is that not the case?

(Sorry. If I sound ignorant on the subject, it's because I truly am. Never had a cell phone, never wanted one. And no, I am not 80 years old. LOL!)

5. KKearns

The phone number is pinged. A changed SIM would make it a new phone.

Now.. There are other things they can do that makes the phone not work, such as blacklisting a stolen phone and no new SIM or even phone service will get around that.

Depending on it being Android or iPhone, there could be various things that can be done, but if iPhone, Apple will NOT do it.

6. KKearns

Nope, turn it off and it's like a TV turned off, no juice. To be really careful, pull the SIM, then you can get a prepaid SIM or just connect to WiFi and use it to get on the net.

7. Mountain_Kat

As to the toothbrush...I don't know where I heard that now. Maybe Kat told us that, or maybe it was just another poster theorizing. These threads move quickly, and I often have a hard time keeping things straight while catching up.

Planning on spending the night at a friends house after a day out ? What friend? And if so, why tell the sister to call LE if she wasn't back by 6 pm ?

8. Irishboy

So with a new SIM they could be using their cell phones and LE would not see it?

9. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

Why is everyone talking about some random lawyer and discussing PM's in the thread?

It needs to STOP now please.

If you can't link it you can't post it.

It's up to every member to be familiar with the rules.

No more warnings.

10. KKearns

Right.. If the phone is unlocked you can buy a prepaid SIM card for any carrier and pop it in there. If the phone is carrier locked, all carriers sell prepaid SIM cards so you can just buy one of their cards.

The SIM card makes the phone, if that makes sense. If she took her SIM card from her current phone and put it in a new phone, the pings would go to her new phone.

11. KKearns

Well because she might have been planning on just calling her sister or just stopping by. We aren't even sure how many clothes she took and if it was really abnormal. I was just talking about the toothbrush mainly. I'm still not sure where we got she took her toothbrush.

12. KKearns

From what I've seen the phone is being pinged every 45 minutes or so.

I can't imagine LE wouldn't report any pings because a ping is all we have for any sighting.

13. Don't want to misquote but sure sister said her condition could get serious.

14. Mountain_Kat

No, me either. Hopefully Kat will see this and help clarify.

15. Irishboy

Thanks so with a new SIM they can be using the existing device with a new number for calls, texts, teathering to the Internet undetected, with LE looking for the old now unused number?

I think then the ping in Decatur was a slip when the SIM was switched.IMO

16. citigirl

citigirl Active Member

Another possible bias is that the mother is a northerner (Yankee). If her morals were seen as less than honorable, it is entirely possible that parents said derogatory things in front of the kids, who took those attitudes to school. Yankees are not loathed or anything, but they are still seen as outsiders in rural areas of the South.

17. sarahlynn0131

sarahlynn0131 Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...een-believes-daughter-alive-article-1.3002713

He said Tad Cummins — the suspect in Elizabeth Thomas' disappearance — had told his daughter that he had been in the FBI and CIA.“I tried to convince her that you don’t go from jobs like that down to teaching at a rural school,” Thomas told WBIR-TV. (her father, just to clarify)

So.... If her father was trying to convince her that Tad wasn't an FBI or CIA agent, I think its safe to say that she is believing this lie??
    JMO

18. KKearns

Yes in some places they are but also in the South, people are pretty welcoming of someone that wants to be part of the community. Now with the issues of her mother and the abuse, etc.. I'm sure that was known to many, people would look down on that and some people, incorrectly, could likely claim the kids as "white trash" putting the mother's "sins" on them.

19. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

I'm not sure how theories have become facts, but it keeps happening with all sorts of made up stuff. The most recent is this waterpark nonsense. There has been zero reporting that the phone was pinged at or near a waterpark and that is nothing more than a possible location, of many possible locations, that someone where theorized about. No one anywhere of authority has stated a waterpark is involved, so if you read that somewhere please provide the link right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.