Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it shows he is brazenly arrogant and thinks he is steps ahead of everyone searching for them (which, to be honest, he was in some respects). That sort of arrogance fits with how that former coworker described him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully he stays that arrogant---That is exactly how he will make a mistake

Quick question... I've been a member for nearly a year but only recently began posting. In the TOS do we have to say after each theory we post that it's "JMO etc.." or is it enough to have this in our signature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They couldn't get married legally under false identities. And he can't be legally married while his wife is alive or doesn't divorce him (yet).
I don't think marriage in a ceremony is the goal here, at least not now.
IMO they think they are married in a emotional sense, like a special relationship.
On one of my teens friends profiles they had put the phrase "Married to" so and so. We asked what it meant and were told a lot of kids (girls) to show there is a special relation but not married married.

I hear what you are saying, but actually, there have been quite a few cases of people discovered who used fake or stolen identities to get married. This includes missing persons, bigamists, and escaped cons etc.

Some Walmart allow overnight RV parking. He could easily be sleeping in Walmart parking lots.
There is an iPhone app that gives which locations allow it
I have an android so I can't check it out.

https://www.allstays.com/apps/walmart.htm
MOO

I agree, they may be using showers at Truck Stops. It's like 10$ for a shower. They provide wash cloths and towels.
MOO

It would be easy for him to steal license plates along their route though. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know nothing about this, but when this was brought up previously, someone suggested it may draw more attention to have mix matched tags, I.e. License Plate is for a different make/model than the care is.

Some Walmart allow overnight RV parking. He could easily be sleeping in Walmart parking lots.

MOO

I agree, they may be using showers at Truck Stops. It's like 10$ for a shower. They provide wash cloths and towels.
MOO

Thanks, I think this is such a valid suggestion that I would suggest notifying the tip line.:) My own gut is he is embedded far out west or in Mexico but maybe they could search footage for this sort of thing.

She may have been under great duress.....remember Elizabeth Smart? He is goofy enough to kill her and himself.....or so she may believe. JMO

When the police first approached Elizabeth Smart and her kidnappers, she refused to say anything. She was completely terrified of the guy, even through they were in a public place with police officers. It wasn't until LE was able to separate her from her abductors that she was finally able to tell them who she was. You can't assume that ET is willingly with TC just because she isn't screaming.

I hear what you are saying, but actually, there have been quite a few cases of people discovered who used fake or stolen identities to get married. This includes missing persons, bigamists, and escaped cons etc.

I'm not saying it's not possible just very risky.
And hopefully TBI has alerted places in the west and south to BOLO.
The age difference could then set off alarms.

No smiles at all. He looks stressed, IMO.

I don't know about anyone else...but I rarely smile at Walmart.

I think they both look pretty relaxed and I don't know if I'd even notice them in public. Looks like a Dad and daughter out shopping.

I am just so amazed that he's still got all that facial hair. I know it was only two days after leaving but I really thought that he would have shaved that off immediately.

I agree. I am hoping that means he's pretty dumb but it's been so long now without sighting that it worries me.

They could literally be anywhere by now, it seems.

I realize that it was a mistake on his part being photographed with ET but I am so glad to see her with him instead of not seeing her at all...

Im confused also, if she was "truly abducted against her will....well she's in the middle of a Walmart, all she would have to do is start screaming for help, it doesn't appear that she is being held against her will.... MOO. CRazee world... MOO

This lack of resistance can be groomed. Abduction victims can also develop Stockholm Syndrome. Google that for more info.

MOO

MOO

Sounds like the paradise he promised her to me.
(NOT)
IMO

I wish they had not released the picture of ET walking behind him because it is just going to fuel the speculation that is going on about this situation. :gaah:

it does look like he's got something in his back, might be a weapon.

totally his gun
attachment.php

Attachments

• tad in oklahoma city 031517.png
    tad in oklahoma city 031517.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 412
You read my mind about Mexico! I've been googling marriage in Mexico and came across this interesting fact from the US State Department's 2015 Report on Human Rights in Mexico.
This is from page 21: "Early and Forced Marriage: The legal minimum marriage age is 18. Enforcement, however, was inconsistent across the states, where some civil codes permit a minimum marital age of 14 for girls and 16 for boys with parental consent, and 18 without parental consent. With a judge’s consent, children can be married at younger ages."
Here is the link to the report: https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/253239.pdf
JMO.....

Being from Texas and very familiar with Mexico...just know that if you pay the right official the right $$ you can do whatever you want. Not sarcasm, truth. Been there, know that.

I wish that all Walmarts would view thrier footage everyday in case they are there, seems that Walmart is his store of preference to shop in. I wonder how long LE had this too.

When I see the sighting pictures....I have to remember this was only 2 days after he took her. 1) he looks to me like he's been driving non-stop and he's exhausted, needs a shower and a good sleep. He has no one to relieve him while driving. What I am shocked about is that he stops at Walmart of all places. Why not a smaller mom & pop store, gas station or Dollar General. Yes, they still have cameras but much smaller crowd for people to recognize them. and 2) she doesn't look under duress to me either BUT...this is 2 days in. She's still under the impression they are on "vacation" and he's "taking her somewhere great". Once reality hits that he's not, and he's an older guy, and she can't have TV, or her phone, or everything else a normal teenager wants, then I think things will change dramatically.

School is in right now. It's common for me to see parents & children when I run to the store at lunch but it's usually younger children who aren't school age yet. I also understand a lot of kids are homeschooling these days too. But....what time they hit Walmart?? If I was there, it would jog my memory more to see them at Walmart during the day because I would think "why isn't she in school??". I have kids myself but the only reason they aren't in school is because of illness or if it's a legit no-school day. But for me, I would tend to do a double take during the day vs after work getting stuff for dinner. If any of that makes sense, I'm rambling.

But I think the same thing if I were in a truck stop and saw them using the shower facilities. It would still make me go hmmm....to see them using it now when she's supposed to be in school vs if it was summer time and maybe she was riding along with dad/grandpa for a week or two.

This has hit our local news too and I'm so sad to see all the comments that it looks like she left on her own. Sigh........I have a 15 year old........if he was to run away with a teacher, I would be devastated and would go to the ends of the earth to find him. If he ran away in general! They are NOT able to make these types of decisions on their own at this age. I'm sure we've all been taken for a ride at some point in our lives with someone making us believe something that isn't true. It happens to adults all the time. Why would adults not understand that this is a CHILD, maybe she left "on her own" but it is NOT right, period. She has no idea what she has done. And he is old enough to know better.

I just pray they are found. She will eventually tire of this and reality will hit. What will he do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong