Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
>even if the minor must be put through the ringer to co-operate.

You understand that its statements like this, that make some of us weary of cooperating with law enforcement sometimes. If my one of my kids were involved in something of this magnitude, you can bet we would get a lawyer before we said anymore after the initial statement. Especially as this has blown up into something much much bigger and complicated.

Any sadly, and typically, the lawyers tell you to say nothing unless subpoenaed.

So if anything else is to come from the girl who dropped her off, it will need to not be forced, but volunteered, because the girl or her family believe its the right thing to do.

This is turning into an ugly situation for everyone involved...anyone who knew them...its such a shame... :(

I am a retired LE with a lot of experience in interviewing juveniles. When I say put her through the ringer, I don't nessicarily mean strong-arming her but there are ways to open her up to co-operating. And when you say that is what makes people weary of co-operating with LE, well peoples lives are at stake, so I have no respect for that at all coming from an adult. A CHILDS life is more important than anything,and I speak from experience of 25 years in LE. Sorry for the rant and don't even get me started on lawyers.

bbm

Sorry to be picky, but the word is "wary". "Weary" means tired.

Personally, I think the teen that dropped ET at Shoneys probably talked to LE initially, and after the interview her parents didn't want her continue to be interviewed. LE often interviews witnesses many times (I know this from experience). It can be very stressful, and I imagine more so for a teenager. It's possible she's completely innocent in this entire situation, and her parents want to protect her.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Protect her from what? I know what you are saying, but if that is the case the parents probably don't want to help just like the teachers and school administration. WTH is wrong with these people, a child is missing!!

Protect her from what? I know what you are saying, but if that is the case the parents probably don't want to help just like the teachers and school administration. WTH is wrong with these people, a child is missing!!
I don't know. I'm not them. I'm just presenting another point of view. The parents may feel like they are protecting her if the first interview was distressing at all. Particularly if she told them everything she knows or remembers.

I think the speculation that she may be covering for TC might be a bit of a stretch. What I wrote above is just another possibility.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Exactly--What kind of hold does TC have over this town--Its mind boggling--I think I am going to need to step away for a while soon--- I just had 2 stents in my heart last week and this case and town is starting to piss me off

Confirmed siting in OK on 3/15. Can't believe they'd be seen together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...dnapped-teen-reported-near-memphis/ar-BBz4XPh

Tad Cummins, the former Tennessee teacher believed to have kidnapped his former student, 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas, was spotted Thursday afternoon in the Memphis, Tennessee, area, authorities told NBC News.
A Shelby County sheriff's spokesman said Cummins was positively identified in surveillance video recorded at a Shell gas station in Shelby County at 1: 30 p.m. ET. The spokesman didn't say whether Elizabeth was seen in the video.

Dear God, let this be it.

Come home safe, Elizabeth.

e0baa7448edeb43a531531729a108ce5.jpg
b9fdab849edfba0d081ba10c311a4b8d.jpg

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/31/amber-alert-update-6-elizabeth-thomas/

Looks like her hair is dyed. And his too?
Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oh me...that sighting was from the 15th. I thought it was more current

This may have been suggested before, but is there any indication ET may be using TC'S wife's name as an alias? It would certainly make things easier as far as selling the car or travelling out of country, getting fake id's, etc. As her husband and with plenty of free time on his hands it seems he could easily access the necessary info.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Except wouldn't the wife's legal identity be tied to her birth date? If they got legit travel documents in her name the birth year would be way off. If they have to get fake ones I don't know that using his wife's name is any easier, may actually be riskier as she's a real person who is closely tied to TC and obviously not trying to cross the border or whatever? But I don't really know anything about identity theft or fake documents so I'm just speculating.

I have wondered what the "something is off" element could be.

Just imagining here...

What if Tad came up with an elaborate story of some sort (that Elizabeth was previously abused and now her life is in danger etc) and confided in some people a month or so ago. What if he said--for instance, completely hypothetically--that Elizabeth felt threatened that if she testified against her mom or something, she would be killed.

Not saying at all this is what happened or that if Tad constructed a story that it would be this one.

Just saying that I am an adult who has been in education and also involved in the Christian faith for all of my adult life. I also don't have a criminal record. So if I suddenly began confidentially telling a few trusted friends some sort of lie, I think there's a really chance they would either believe me...or at least believe me enough to reserve judgment until I was found.

Again, not saying this is likely, but just saying something like this might explain why there are some hold outs among Tad's friends.

Thoughts?

I was thinking along the same lines. Again, just speculating, but it would explain some of the puzzling responses, if they had been led to believe this is actually the safer option. Just another way TC could manipulate this poor girl's tragic circumstances for his own benefit. :(

Late Thursday, after receiving information from a tip, investigators obtained surveillance images from a Walmart on East I-240 Service Road in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma from the afternoon of March 15th, showing Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas shopping at the store. Cummins used cash to purchase various food items, but did not purchase anything else of significance.

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/31/amber-alert-update-6-elizabeth-thomas/

Unfortunately the sighting is more than two weeks old at this point...who knows if they're still in OK. I wonder if they'll issue an Amber Alert for that state?

Hi- I've been following along and finally registered today. I hope and pray they catch up with them and ET is home safe and sound very soon

Still in the US
In broad daylight

She appears to be walking with him without any duress

Wearing the same clothes 2 days later.

Confirmed siting in OK on 3/15. Can't believe they'd be seen together.

Thank God ! At least we know she is alive and well. I was REALLY starting to worry that he might have done something desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle