Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also been done very quickly in a bathroom in the very store in which a child has been abducted, so it can be done on the fly.

When I moved to the Southwest, I was amazed by how many gas stations used by truckers (like Flying J) had showers. It's not something I ever encountered on the east coast, but it makes sense. They could certainly touch up hair dye in a location like that.

Even though it's disappointing to realize that this sighting was from so long ago, it does kind of show he may not have been as prepared as we thought he could have been. Ie: having stockpiled food and other supplies for the past month or so, if he was out shopping for food after just 2 days.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or it shows he is brazenly arrogant and thinks he is steps ahead of everyone searching for them (which, to be honest, he was in some respects). That sort of arrogance fits with how that former coworker described him.

Could he possibly have a handgun concealed? Just my scary opinion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
As a cc holder, imo it is way to high for that. My first thought was a binder, paperwork or something. It is very strange the shape and location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Take off the front plate, go to the rear of the parking lot, and back in.

Certainly possible. But I really have to go with my gut on this...I know what the appearance of
" roughing it" looks like, and this just screams to me that they weren't staying at a hotel. Call it trail sense, if you will. :wink:

And just park the vehicle right in the lot? I dunno. Seems incredibly bold and incredibly stupid to me.

Do we have confirmation that they have the same car? The article said he is believed to be driving the silver Nissan Rogue. I just am not convinced he has the same car.

Or just get fake docs in different names would probably be even easier.

I feel like people are discovered all the time who used fake birth certificates or diplomas to scam the system.

It depends if in his fantasy he wanted to marry her as HER--with her real name and his--to somehow "legitimize" the marriage in his mind. Or if he was okay with adopting new identities and getting married.

They couldn't get married legally under false identities. And he can't be legally married while his wife is alive or doesn't divorce him (yet).
I don't think marriage in a ceremony is the goal here, at least not now.
IMO they think they are married in a emotional sense, like a special relationship.
On one of my teens friends profiles they had put the phrase "Married to" so and so. We asked what it meant and were told a lot of kids (girls) to show there is a special relation but not married married.

I am perplexed at the seemingly casual pace on display in the pics - I'm not saying they dilly-dallied necessarily, but the fact that TC chose a shopping cart over a basket or even grabbing as much as possible with both their sets of hands then getting the heck out of there tells me that either he was not a listed fugitive yet or he really is that bold and arrogant of a criminal.
Im confused also, if she was "truly abducted against her will....well she's in the middle of a Walmart, all she would have to do is start screaming for help, it doesn't appear that she is being held against her will.... MOO. CRazee world... MOO

Can anyone see any sign of anything that might appear to be cell phones in their pockets? (I suck at detecting that sort of thing.)

I am just so amazed that he's still got all that facial hair. I know it was only two days after leaving but I really thought that he would have shaved that off immediately.

Can anyone tell what time his watch says?JMO

Certainly possible. But I really have to go with my gut on this...I know what the appearance of
" roughing it" looks like, and this just screams to me that they weren't staying at a hotel. Call it trail sense, if you will. :wink:

After looking at some of those pictures of those rent by the week hotels, I think camping would be an upgrade. lol

Me too. I'm new to this and still learning...I'd be a bad crook 😊

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Many truck stops have shower facilities. Oklahoma City itself is a major trucking hub due to 6 major highways that converge in the region. Below is a screenshot of Google Maps showing all of the truck stops in the OKC area. I hope LE reviews their security footage for the time around 3/15/17. JMO
e509274bf12049eb910fc78ebdc1235e.jpg

I should have thought of that. My grandparents moved to southern OK when I was young and I've made the trip many times down 35W from Minneapolis.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do we have confirmation that they have the same car? The article said he is believed to be driving the silver Nissan Rogue. I just am not convinced he has the same car.

It would be easy for him to steal license plates along their route though. JMO

No. But securing a new vehicle in 2 days seems unlikely to me. ALTHOUGH, now that I think about it, maybe that might explain that Decatur, Al. ping ? I don't know.

Im confused also, if she was "truly abducted against her will....well she's in the middle of a Walmart, all she would have to do is start screaming for help, it doesn't appear that she is being held against her will.... MOO. CRazee world... MOO

She may have been under great duress.....remember Elizabeth Smart? He is goofy enough to kill her and himself.....or so she may believe. JMO

That was only two days in to this nightmare. By now things are probably quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie