GUILTY TN - Maurice Brown, 3, Memphis, 1 July 2012

News Helicopter still flying over where officers are at with the dumpster.

I alternate between :cry: and :rage:

Why?? Why would a "father" even think to carry his child out "over his shoulder" to a dumpster instead of seeking help? Okay - he lost his temper and he hurt his child. WHY wouldn't he seek help?? Why make it worse?? Why dump him like garbage?? I just will never, never, never understand.

Truck is hauling the whole dumpster away now. I assume to the crime lab.

I'm watching the live stream and just bawling. I can not fathom why someone would do this and yet it happens all the time. I have a little boy this age and to think of poor beautiful Maurice lying in the dumpster is completely breaking my heart.

I'm watching the live stream and just bawling. I can not fathom why someone would do this and yet it happens all the time. I have a little boy this age and to think of poor beautiful Maurice lying in the dumpster is completely breaking my heart.

do u have a link to the live feed-thanks

How sad to be left in a dumpster & hauled off like that.

TN doesn't have much of a death penalty. They have it but they don't use it often. Last execution was in 2007, that was the first in 40 years. iirc

Did anyone catch the video shots with the family watching? That was heartbreaking..The police sent them back to the home..Looked like it may have been grandmom..

It absolutely breaks my heart. :cry:

Tony Armstrong did press conference. They have recovered a body of a small child. No official identification has been made yet. According to the press conference, they left his little body in the dumpster and hauled the dumpster off. He said that the dumpster was now a crime scene.

Body found was of a small child, but no ID yet.
Dumpster taken to crime lab, and body left inside. WTF?

Why would they leave that baby in the dumpster and haul it off???????

Press Conference: Body of a small child found in the dumpster when search grid was expanded this morning. No positive ID yet. Will hopefully have more information this evening.

Poor little fella.

The Lord has shed a lot of tears this last week & 1/2 as he welcomed home 4 new angels
Sierra
Carnel
Ziya
Maurice
May you all fly high with all the other little Angels-:rose::rose::rose::rose:

Children are not disposable and a child should never end up in a dumpster like a piece of discarded trash. My heart is hurting right now for this child, his siblings and his mother.

If the father snapped due to a potty training accident and this was not continued abuse - it doesn't make me feel better. My mind can't help but think about how scared you would be as a child, having your parent lose control and hurt you. The shock, confusion and hurt you would feel. It is so unfair and unfortunately, we see it way too often.

As a mother of a 4 year old girl and 3 year old boy, I understand that potty training can be stressful. My daughter was fully trained at 2 and my son at 2.5. My daughter picked up on it right away and was trained in a day. With my son, he thought peeing on the floor was funny at first and nothing in the house was safe. I tried several times with him and had to put myself in time outs at times due to frustration. Each time, I would realize that he just wasn't ready and there was no reason to be upset with myself or frustrated with him. Punishing a child for having an accident is never the answer. New carpets, furniture, etc. are not worth the life of a child.

I just wish more parents had a plan. Something you can do if you feel you are in a situation that may cause you to do something you regret. I grew up reading about mothers and fathers who hurt or killed their children after losing control due to potty training, colic, etc. My mom always told me if I ever became frustrated or upset and needed someone, she would be there at the drop of a hat to help me. I have yet to take her up on that offer, as my children were a breeze and she lives an hour away, but I have called her before - just to hear her soothing voice.

Anyway, my "plan" was to give myself a time out if I ever felt like I was in a situation that could possibly drive me crazy. When my son would pee somewhere - gleefully - over and over, sometimes it would get to me. We'd make a ton of progress and then go back to square one. I wasn't mad at him, I was just frustrated, and I didn't want him to think I was angry at him. A few times, I had to put him in his room, put up the baby gate and sit outside of the room where I could see him - just to breathe and think clearly.

RIP little Maurice (if this is him, as we think it is).

That dumpster is right near where the interview took place.

I dont understand how the dogs didnt find the boy, the police didnt find the body . Completely floored about it honestly.

I heard the police director say they found him while they were doing a grid search of the area. I think I also heard a news reporter say that the dumpster site was a mile or two from Maurice's home.

Maybe the news will clarify how far on Vance Street the dumpster was located from the home.

I look at that beautiful smile on little Maurice's face, and now I have to give credit to his mom for that big happy smile. I am so devastated for her, that she had to give her boy over to a father who could be so cold hearted and cruel, for even a short visit, and to lose him forever. My heart goes out to her and her family. She will be reunited someday, until then I hope she can make the best of it. :rose:

Well said, SyraKelly. Too many babies have been lost this week and a half. I am so angry and sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back