Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would they be a defendant?
TC allegedly deceived JC regarding the reason he took out a loan. So that *might* play into the financial settlement. Wild guessing here, really, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have great sympathy for JC, even if she has lashed out at ET. Something like this happened to a person I know (although the other person was not under age, but a 30 year age difference) and the wound is so raw and so unexpected, that people just cannot handle it and blame both. I don't agree with it, but we are all fallible.

Sleeping with a underage student is one thing.

But Tad went above and beyond that and didn't hesitate to put his own family in a position to hold the bags while he took off with his student/victim.

So he only has himself to blame and I hope his family lets him rot.

But most likely. He will be out of jail in 5years. Jmo

Agreed. The age of consent laws are strict liability so I don't think he'll walk, but unless they find something like child *advertiser censored* on his computers/phones, I think he'll plea down to something like statutory rape and only get a few years. I go back and forth but I don't think I'd want to bring this one to trial - I think it would be traumatizing for ET, she would have to be cross-examined by the defense in open court.

@ gardenista and kapua, who else would be named as a defendant in a divorce case?

I was actually thinking the daughter, whose name was assigned to the house while tad was still missing? Because JC is now trying to protect her assets and her daughters are backing TC? I don't know. totally speculating. I just find it very odd.

Sometimes retirement plans are named. In CA we
join them though. They aren't named "defendants". But neither is the other spouse.

I know a few of you WS were also following along to Makayla Chang who was 16 and missing here in Canada.
She was found today and sadly her outcome did end up good by any means. Hope it's ok to post here. Her thread is so quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a few of you WS were also following along to Makayla Chang who was 16 and missing here in Canada.
She was found today and sadly her outcome did end up good by any means. Hope it's ok to post here. Her thread is so quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the O/T...I wanted so badly for her to be okay. :cry:
JMO

Was just reading some of the case pleadings, the one in particular where TC asks to be released pending trial. I am so glad the judge denied it! It is really insulting to all the victims TC has left in his wake to read about what a fine upstanding citizen he is and all his 'volunteer' work in the community and that he isn't a flight risk. Are they kidding?? Most of the volunteering was done when he was younger and that letter to his wife deceiving her about his leaving to clear his head shows him to be a cold, calculating individual. I wouldn't trust him out in the population. As far as his mental stress. Well I feel he made his bed and he will have to lie in it. I think his supporters will naturally play up on the poor pitiful Tad bit for any sympathy he can muster up. That is maddening too because there are people who truly suffer with stress and depression and if he is just using it for his advantage, it is just another reason to detest him.

Sleeping with a underage student is one thing.

But Tad went above and beyond that and didn't hesitate to put his own family in a position to hold the bags while he took off with his student/victim.

So he only has himself to blame and I hope his family lets him rot.

I have a hard time understanding how a father of daughters could do what he did to MCET for openers. Just vile.

And then I think of JC who has invested 30 years of her life - all of her adult life - in this marriage only to be lied to (in writing), stolen from, left heartbroken with no usable transportation, and I just get twice as angry.

Then after the law catches up with him he says he missed his family and wants them back. Riiiight. JC pretty much said oh, hell no. His daughters are in some weird kind of denial. His sister is walking the support but don't condone like. He was a great dad. Best brother you could ever have. Yeah, up until he made the mother of all really bad decisions. Now he's a monster and a criminal. I don't know how much time he will do. I just hope for healing and a good future for MCET. And for JC as well.

Thank you for the O/T...I wanted so badly for her to be okay. :cry:
JMO

Thank you, I followed a bit in the beginning. So sorry to hear that it didn't end well for Makayla. :cry:

Agreed. The age of consent laws are strict liability so I don't think he'll walk, but unless they find something like child *advertiser censored* on his computers/phones, I think he'll plea down to something like statutory rape and only get a few years. I go back and forth but I don't think I'd want to bring this one to trial - I think it would be traumatizing for ET, she would have to be cross-examined by the defense in open court.

I was an alternate juror in a child molestation trial this past October. Three young girls testified. They were 9, 11, and 14 at the time of the crimes and 11, 13, and 17 at the time of the trial. They all had to testify, and it was very difficult for all, but particularly so for the youngest victim. I also hope the MCET does not have to testify, but if she does, I hope she will find the courage that Elizabeth Smart found years ago.

Sometimes retirement plans are named. In CA we
join them though. They aren't named "defendants". But neither is the other spouse.
In Tennessee, when we join parties they must be characterized as plaintiff, defendant, petitioner, or respondent in terms of role.

Chelsea Brentzel‏Verified account
@ChelseaBrentzel

Follow
More
#BREAKING: Tad Cummins was indicted on two federal charges. @whnt
3:36 PM - 18 May 2017 from Huntsville, AL

I have a hard time understanding how a father of daughters could do what he did to MCET for openers. Just vile.

Snipped....
I don't understand how an adult could be attracted to a minor and do what TC did to MCET. And it's even harder to understand when you consider TC is a father of daughters. It's disgusting, totally wrong and it literally makes my head spin. How can anyone stand behind him and support him? Seriously, we're not talking about someone who's claiming he's innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak