GUILTY TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #19

TC's lawyer may have just gotten himself dis-barred.

What did you do BH, try to intimidate MCET? Layers are not suppose to "interview" witnesses. They depose them. A big difference.

BH, you should watch the news more. Little girls are not scared anymore. They are an army.

Do you have a source for that? Because that is not what the article said.

Nashville attorney Alex Little said defense attorneys are typically allowed to interview the victim in a case.

"Part of a defense attorney's duty is to investigate the case, and that investigation can include soliciting information from the alleged victim," Little said. "It is unusual and certainly not done in the ordinary course, for the court to issue an order prohibiting a defense attorney from speaking with witnesses, even if that witness is an alleged victim."

Tad Cummins' lawyer attempted to talk to victim, removed from case

Also from the link

Nashville attorney Alex Little said defense attorneys are typically allowed to interview the victim in a case.

"Part of a defense attorney's duty is to investigate the case, and that investigation can include soliciting information from the alleged victim," Little said. "It is unusual and certainly not done in the ordinary course, for the court to issue an order prohibiting a defense attorney from speaking with witnesses, even if that witness is an alleged victim."

Wow.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...-after-trying-talk-alleged-victim/1058979001/

The Judge seemed reluctant to relieve Horst from the case but ultimately granted his request after speaking to him in a closed session. Cummins originally had a federal public defender but his family cobbled together enough money to hire Horst. Now "they don't have anymore money," U.S. District Judge Aleta Trauger said during a hearing. Cummins will be assigned a public defender or an appointed attorney.

Cummins, who came to court in gray striped scubs, was stoic throughout the hearing. But he smiled at his family at the end as he was guided out of the courtroom in shackles.

Cummins' trial was scheduled to begin in April but will likely be delayed after a new defense attorney is selected.

Wow.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...-after-trying-talk-alleged-victim/1058979001/

The Judge seemed reluctant to relieve Horst from the case but ultimately granted his request after speaking to him in a closed session. Cummins originally had a federal public defender but his family cobbled together enough money to hire Horst. Now "they don't have anymore money," U.S. District Judge Aleta Trauger said during a hearing. Cummins will be assigned a public defender or an appointed attorney.

Cummins, who came to court in gray striped scubs, was stoic throughout the hearing. But he smiled at his family at the end as he was guided out of the courtroom in shackles.

Cummins' trial was scheduled to begin in April but will likely be delayed after a new defense attorney is selected.

It sounds to me like they ran out of money to pay him, so he quite.

So TC is back in good with his family? They showed up to support him in court, gave an attorney all the money they had, and he smiled at them in court.

So TC is back in good with his family? They showed up to support him in court, gave an attorney all the money they had, and he smiled at them in court.

I was wondering this as well. So do we know, did the wife return to him? I thought that they had divorced? Sorry if this has been said already, I'm catching up.

Do you have a source for that? Because that is not what the article said.

Tad Cummins' lawyer attempted to talk to victim, removed from case

This is poor reporting.
TC's lawyer can talk to MCET through the deposition process. Basically, both lawyers meet, agree on what can be asked, and record the whole proceedure. In the article, the judge said as much.

"The order said any request to speak should be made through the girl's attorney."

Some members of Trump's cabinet are being deposed right now, in the news, Jeff sessions for example. Also think of Clinton''s "it depends on what the word 'is' means."

Regards,

This is poor reporting.
TC's lawyer can talk to MCET through the deposition process. Basically, both lawyers meet, agree on what can be asked, and record the whole proceedure. In the article, the judge said as much.

"The order said any request to speak should be made through the girl's attorney."

Some members of Trump's cabinet are being deposed right now, in the news, Jeff sessions for example. Also think of Clinton''s "it depends on what the word 'is' means."

Regards,

• Defense attorneys and investigators working for defendants often contact victims and witnesses. It is not unusual or inappropriate for the defense lawyer or an investigator for the defense to contact you for an interview. While you may discuss the case with them if you wish to do so, you do not have to talk to them. The choice is entirely yours. Below are some general suggestions and tips when discussing the case.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/victim-witness/handbook

This is from the NJ DA but it's regarding federal cases.

Hard to believe in this day and age victim blaming and shaming still happens. Then again not really. Sadly!

Other than his wife, when did they ever not support him?

I would agree with you, but you have to remember that MCET is a minor and TC's lawyer could be trying to take
advantage this. Otherwise, you could argue that MCET consented to go with TC and this whole case is moot.

She can't consent in the federal case IMO.

I would agree with you, but you have to remember that MCET is a minor and TC's lawyer could be trying to take
advantage this. Otherwise, you could argue that MCET consented to go with TC and this whole case is moot.

This gets back to when the reporter talked to her. She has a First Amendment right to talk to whoever she wants. Reporters, lawyers, whoever. There is no law against people talking to minors.

advantage this.
Otherwise, you could argue that MCET consented to go with TC and this whole case is moot.

BBM.. I am sure that could be argued. I was only responding to someone who said TCs attorney can be disbarred because he is not allowed to interview her, he has to depose her. My understanding from the link I posted is that he is allowed to interview her. Whether he's taking advantage of her being a minor is a different issue imo.

I was wondering this as well. So do we know, did the wife return to him? I thought that they had divorced? Sorry if this has been said already, I'm catching up.

They are divorced. IMO family means his sister and daughter(s), that attended earlier hearings. Possibly mom/dad also, who were mentioned as people he could live with if he were released pending trial.

This is poor reporting.

Regards,

BBM Yes. Tad said they did not have sex until the first night on the run. Him in the closet didn't count as "sex" like Clinton "did not have sex with that woman", the cigar didn't count. SMH

They are divorced. IMO family means his sister and daughter(s), that attended earlier hearings. Possibly mom/dad also, who were mentioned as people he could live with if he were released pending trial.

Thank you for this! I guess when I read "family", my mind automatically goes to wife/husband. Wasn't even thinking of extended family/children.

It's ridiculous! The earlier article posted said he had a BED in his classroom for kids to take naps on. No one in school administration thought that was inappropriate?

Sorry ... meant this as a reply to irishboy's post. Hit the wrong reply button!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back