TN TN - Michael Hearon, 51, Happy Valley, 23 Aug 2008

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by bluestarzz, Aug 29, 2008.

1. smokymtngirl

smokymtngirl New Member

Sutton.... in answer to your questions.
    1. We hear "yelling" all the time, especially on Friday and Saturday night. But this was different. This was not the usual
    "yooohoo" it was shouting, arguing type yelling between two people. And I have never heard shouting like that since.
    2. The people here are very strange to say the least. Lots of illegal stuff going on. We smell meth cooking all the time. Since we have lived here there has been 2 murders in the area. We don't associate much with our neighbors.
    3 The skull was found about a mile from my house. I took it home and eventually threw it away. It was pretty creepy though. It was found in an area that was being developed for new mountain cabins, but went belly up
    4 I suspect he came upon someone and there was an altercation. That's my theory.
    5There was no hunting going on at that time of year...but that doesn't mean that someone could have been on his property. People here don't take kindly to trespassers.
    6. We hear gunshots everyday here. I do not remember if I heard any that Saturday, but if I had heard one after the shouting, I would have called the BCSO. I can tell how far away gunsots are, but truly I cannot recall if I heard any close ones that day.
    I go out in the woods frequently and I always keep my eyes open. If Michael had been killed and missed by the search and rescue folks, he would be skeletonized by now and covered with 7 years worth of leaves and deadfall. But I look and metal detect all the same. He has been on my mind alot this Spring, and that is why I joined this forum. I dont know if his family reads these posts, but if they do, I want them to know that people have not forgotten about Michael .

MajorHoople and ExitMusic like this.

2. smokymtngirl

smokymtngirl New Member

Oh and one more thing. ..out in the woods behind my home, there are piles and piles of rocks. Some of the piles are 4 feet high, plenty big enough to cover someone up. They are the remnants of clearing land to possibly build a home. But the area has a small creek running thru it that makes it very swampy in the Spring. So whoever gathered these rocks,gave up clearing the land. I just wonder if the searchers looked in that area. I went out with the searchers on Tuesday but we were searching the logging road area north of my house. I had 12 carloads of searchers park in my yard that day. It was chaotic to say the least. .

MajorHoople likes this.
  3. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

Good exposure for Mike's case....

[video=youtube;mxuNdHmrhfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuNdHmrhfM[/video]

4. lotsofdogs2

lotsofdogs2 New Member

I really wish he could be found.

Trident and snowleopard like this.
  5. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member

Me too....here's a fresh link for Michael's case covered by John Lordan:

Trident likes this.
  6. cricket49

cricket49 Loving Life!

This is a really sad missing person case. I am very familiar with this area and remember reading about Michael years ago. It is hard to believe he is still missing. Hoping his family finds him and finds peace.

snowleopard, cutter99 and Trident like this.
  7. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

8. smokymtngirl

smokymtngirl New Member

Thanks payrollnerd for updating. I come here all the time to see if anything is new about Michael, but very little is here. I still live off Happy Valley Loop road, (19 years now), but I still remember that Saturday in August of 2008 when I heard the shouting loud argument behind my home...and I back up to dense woods. And last October my great dog, Jodi, (THE ONE WHO WENT TEARING into the woods when the shouting erupted) passed away. 17 year old completely outdoor dog :(
    Thanks for the post, and the video. Smokymtngirl

snowleopard, cutter99 and PayrollNerd like this.
  9. cutter99

cutter99 Well-Known Member

Smokymtngirl, what do locals have to say about this case?

snowleopard and PayrollNerd like this.
  10. ExitMusic

ExitMusic Well-Known Member

Such a sad case. From hearing the local account of a lot of meth cooking around, I lean towards he unfortunately saw something illegal and someone had to rid of a witness. Thoughts are with his family.

cutter99 and PayrollNerd like this.
  11. bustersae

bustersae New Member

If there was growing opertation it would have been found during the search. I am from the area and this case has bugged me for years. Happy Valley was not a place one visited just to visit. I went to visit a friend that lived up there and was stopped by 3 men in a truck and told to turn around. Luckily my friend drove up and told them that I was there to see him.

12. cutter99

cutter99 Well-Known Member

So what is the locals are protecting up there? Grow operations, cooking operations, their homes, families, possessions?

snowleopard likes this.
  13. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

All of the above.

MajorHoople and cutter99 like this.
  14. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

Appalachian Unsolved: Mike Hearon, Missing In The Mountains

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by WBIR Channel 10 News

"Canines, drones and every rescue organization that Blount County had scoured the mountains for a man named Mike Hearon when he went missing. Eight years later, his family and investigators are still looking for answers"

15. bustersae

bustersae New Member