Resolved TN - Nashville, BlkFem 18-30, UP16538, 'Electra Donaldson', stone pendants, Dec'16 - NamUs removed

Interesting information I found while I was going through the sources related to this case! The Doe Network updated on 10/27/19 and includes a new name she might have gone by alongside Electra Donaldson: "Cards from Planet Fitness, VISA, Bus Pass were located on the decedent's body and were from the state of KS. The ATM card was in the name of "Alexandria Alexander."" (1506UFTN)

The fact there is a new name may help with searching for her identity. Additionally, while I did so digging, there does appear to be an individual named "Electra Donaldson" who passed away back in 1965 out of Pensacola, FL -survived by a large family spread out across the Southeast. While I'm still looking around at this lead, it may be a name our Jane Doe used since it was a familiar name and old, loved relative. If anything, it's an unusual name so I'm unsure why else that name would be chosen at random. Here's the link to the obituary: Obituaries. McNEIL FUNERAL HOME Mrs. Ollie Electra Donaldson - Newspapers.com

I searched NamUs for MPs who have any of the surnames listed in the obit. I found Amanda Poole (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) who went missing from Memphis in 2015. Her height and weight are off from JD's stats but she is closer to the description given in the news article posted upthread. Is it possible Amanda is a relative of Mrs. Ollie Electra Donaldson and therefore used her name as an alias? Linked below is a news article with a video about Amanda's disappearance. She tends to have some features similar to JD, imo. It might be a lead worthy of more investigation. Ty for finding and sharing that info!

Search continues for missing girl over a year later
amanda poole – I Have Vanished
8998683_g.jpg
9e1a10e3-6e55-42e9-a759-ef4bcc802816-large16x9_tbisketch-jpg.165570

BBM
I am confused about Electra's height and weight. Two news articles both stated on February 4th 2017 - "The victim was described as a black female who appeared to be in her 20’s, standing 5’4’’ tall with a small build." Source: Identity Sought Of Pedestrian Hit, Killed and Efforts continue to identify pedestrian killed in Nashville in December

NamUs gives a height of 70 inches (5'10") and 270#s.

Does anyone know how I can go about finding out which stats are correct for this decedent?

I searched NamUs for MPs who have any of the surnames listed in the obit. I found Amanda Poole (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) who went missing from Memphis in 2015. Her height and weight are off from JD's stats but she is closer to the description given in the news article posted upthread. Is it possible Amanda is a relative of Mrs. Ollie Electra Donaldson and therefore used her name as an alias? Linked below is a news article with a video about Amanda's disappearance. She tends to have some features similar to JD, imo. It might be a lead worthy of more investigation. Ty for finding and sharing that info!

Search continues for missing girl over a year later
amanda poole – I Have Vanished
8998683_g.jpg
9e1a10e3-6e55-42e9-a759-ef4bcc802816-large16x9_tbisketch-jpg.165570

BBM

The confusion about the stats is indeed quite annoying. The Namus file was created on April 14, 2017. The article where she is called 5'4 and of small build is from February 5th, 2017. In the article they state that she was found on the Nolensville Pike, near Welshwood drive, date Dec. 18 (suppose they mean in 2016). Namus redirects to Church street but this could be an approx pointing to the center of Nashville. Considering the fact that there are a whole bunch of Medicolegal Death Investigators named as case contributors in the Namus file makes me think they eventually recalled the stats after examination at a point in time after the article was written. Also in the Namus file they state height en weight measured. I would go with the Namus stats. But it's still strange there is so much difference in height and lbs 270 isn't exactly small build. Anybody can see that without measuring IMO.

I couldn't find the original appeal from the Tennessee Investigation Bureau nore the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department on their FB sites. Somebody else?

There's a 'Bring Amanda Home' FB page with a few pics. Amanda would habe turned 17 on Jan 1, 2017, less than a month after JD's death. I can't ignore the resemblance in the noses, eyes, space b/w eyes (but their eyebrows seem spaced a bit differently), and her beautiful & shapely full lips. Maybe it's just me but the way her upper lip seems to turn upward toward her nose appears the same in the composite. Also note that at least one point in time Amanda sported a short hair style. I am submitting Amanda as a PM. Dates, location, circumstances, and visual similarities all appear close enough to warrant further investigation, imo. Add to that the confusion on JD's physical description (NamUs vs. MSM) and I think she's a good candidate for a match.

Bring Amanda Poole Home
Hi everyone, I wanted to submit my composite sketch of the victim. This is a edited version of the forensic photos taken of the woman after she passed. Hope it can help find her identity so her family and friends can be notified. I'll stay posted on this thread as things develop

nashville-jane-doe-jpeg.204567
22366574_352495068548717_201012713926330487_n.jpg

Identity Sought Of Pedestrian Hit, Killed
Efforts continue to identify pedestrian killed in Nashville in December

Hi everyone, I wanted to submit my composite sketch of the victim. This is a edited version of the forensic photos taken of the woman after she passed. Hope it can help find her identity so her family and friends can be notified. I'll stay posted on this thread as things develop
Ty for sharing this with us! Is this based on the composite shown in the MSM articles or are there other photos that aren't on NamUs anymore?

The confusion about the stats is indeed quite annoying. The Namus file was created on April 14, 2017. The article where she is called 5'4 and of small build is from February 5th, 2017. In the article they state that she was found on the Nolensville Pike, near Welshwood drive, date Dec. 18 (suppose they mean in 2016). Namus redirects to Church street but this could be an approx pointing to the center of Nashville. Considering the fact that there are a whole bunch of Medicolegal Death Investigators named as case contributors in the Namus file makes me think they eventually recalled the stats after examination at a point in time after the article was written. Also in the Namus file they state height en weight measured. I would go with the Namus stats. But it's still strange there is so much difference in height and lbs 270 isn't exactly small build. Anybody can see that without measuring IMO.

I couldn't find the original appeal from the Tennessee Investigation Bureau nore the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department on their FB sites. Somebody else?

RB&UBM
That's what leads me to believe her NamUs stats are incorrect. We've seen enough errors to conclude this may be the case here.

Hi all -after looking into this case more with the possible matches, I figured the composite sketch might need an update with makeup and hair. I have no idea what she would have preferred while she was alive but I added some basic eye makeup, some blush, skin correction, and fixed up her eyebrows. While she had natural hair with a tight curl, I wanted to see if there would be any change to her appearance if I gave her longer hair -either a wig or a relaxer. Again, these are all personal choices so I wouldn't take this one at pure face value like the other composite sketch, which is more direct revising of the post-mortem photo.

I'm hoping that this may help find possible matches who may be wearing makeup or other hair styles.

Attachments

• Nashville Jane Doe w Makeup.jpg
    Nashville Jane Doe w Makeup.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 36
I thought I explained why we should go for the stats in Namus....with a little grain of soultht and that is always the case....so aim for something in between...

I've sent the following to Amy Jenkinson @ NamUs. I'm hoping well get clarification on JD's physical description.
#
Hi, Amy.

I'm writing to inquire about the physical description of the unidentified young lady UP16538. Can you confirm that the information given in her profile is correct? It shows her height and weight was measured at 5'10"/270 lbs. I'm questioning this due to the discrepany in her size in MSM reports published back in early 2017. I've included links to those articles. Also, there once was a composite sketch as well as post mortem photos on her profile but those aren't visible to the public anymore. Can we get at least the composite publicized again? Finally, are there any other descriptions or identifying features that could help identify her if the information is released to the public? I appreciate your help.

From the articles:

"The woman is described as African American, possibly in her 20s, 5’4”, with a small build."

"The victim was described as a black female who appeared to be in her 20’s, standing 5’4’’ tall with a small build."

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/local-news/identity-sought-of-pedestrian-hit-killed-by-truck

Amy's reply:

#
Thank you very much for this information. Any alterations to the record (edits, additions, or removal) must be approved by the agency who controls the investigation. I will forward this information to the agency for their review and will apply their response to the NamUs record if deemed appropriate.

I was reviewing the Doe Network information for her -they mention that she was dressed warmly with multiple layers but had no shoes on (1506UFTN)

Maybe it was just the physical force of the hit-and-run (and that she lost the shoes in the process), but it seems odd that shoes weren't recovered from the site. Since there were other smaller items on her person (bus pass, jewelry, etc.), I'm not sure I could buy that she lost her shoes in the accident. And maybe it's more of a fact of having no shoes due to being homeless -but it seems odd that she would be crossing a street, in the middle of a wintery night, and not have footwear.

I've always wondered, too, where she was going to and where from? I'm going to look around to see if there are any shelters, public transportation spots, or homeless-friendly areas around the site.

Interesting information I found while I was going through the sources related to this case! The Doe Network updated on 10/27/19 and includes a new name she might have gone by alongside Electra Donaldson: "Cards from Planet Fitness, VISA, Bus Pass were located on the decedent's body and were from the state of KS. The ATM card was in the name of "Alexandria Alexander."" (1506UFTN)

The fact there is a new name may help with searching for her identity. Additionally, while I did so digging, there does appear to be an individual named "Electra Donaldson" who passed away back in 1965 out of Pensacola, FL -survived by a large family spread out across the Southeast. While I'm still looking around at this lead, it may be a name our Jane Doe used since it was a familiar name and old, loved relative. If anything, it's an unusual name so I'm unsure why else that name would be chosen at random. Here's the link to the obituary: Obituaries. McNEIL FUNERAL HOME Mrs. Ollie Electra Donaldson - Newspapers.com

I was just thinking about this Jane Doe today. I think your guess about using a loved one's name is a great lead. I always use the name Dorothy because it's a family name on both sides (hence my SN).

Hi everyone, this is a bit off tangent but I just wanted to request that: if anyone wants to submit my composite sketches in this case, can you please let me know and ensure the information/credits remain on the picture?

I recently found out a large true crime Instagram account posted my sketch back in December without notifying me and without crediting my work. It was concerning since I'm not a professional forensic artist and the account's post for our Nashville Jane Doe appeared to copy-paste directly from another missing persons post without verifying the information they were providing.

Unfortunately, this account also posted a cropped version of my sketch and didn't verify that the image even matched the doe since the NamUS # was cut off. Thankfully, the account took down my sketch after I spoke with them and will hopefully research the case to include the TBI's composite sketch in the coming future.

Sorry that I never clarified this but please reach out to me if you want to spread the sketches. I really love working on these cases but I want to make sure my work doesn't get misused by anyone who may ignore or change the information attributed to these sketches.

Thank you! :)

There's a 'Bring Amanda Home' FB page with a few pics. Amanda would habe turned 17 on Jan 1, 2017, less than a month after JD's death. I can't ignore the resemblance in the noses, eyes, space b/w eyes (but their eyebrows seem spaced a bit differently), and her beautiful & shapely full lips. Maybe it's just me but the way her upper lip seems to turn upward toward her nose appears the same in the composite. Also note that at least one point in time Amanda sported a short hair style. I am submitting Amanda as a PM. Dates, location, circumstances, and visual similarities all appear close enough to warrant further investigation, imo. Add to that the confusion on JD's physical description (NamUs vs. MSM) and I think she's a good candidate for a match.

Bring Amanda Poole Home

nashville-jane-doe-jpeg.204567
22366574_352495068548717_201012713926330487_n.jpg

Identity Sought Of Pedestrian Hit, Killed

Did you ever submit this or reach out to the family? The resemblance is startling. Even when @SJS did their reconstruction I thought the thumbnail was another picture of Amanda Poole!

Did you ever submit this or reach out to the family? The resemblance is startling. Even when @SJS did their reconstruction I thought the thumbnail was another picture of Amanda Poole!

Yes. I called Memphis PD and submitted the information to a detective in the missing person's unit. I then sent a message to the administrator of the Facebook group Bring Amanda Poole Home. To be sure my message was noticed and attended to, I then sent a direct message to Amanda's mom asking her to read the message I had sent through the group's FB page. At the time I did that I incorrectly thought the group was run by Amanda's mom or a member of Amanda's family because there was a comment from Amanda's mom on one of the messages. Amanda's mother then replied to me through messenger informing me that she could not see the message because the group is run by someone with Missing In America (iirc) and that at that point they had not contacted her about the message. I then sent all of the same information and links to Amanda's mom who then gave me contact information for a private investigator. I did not contact or forward info to the PI. I assume between the MPD detective, Amanda's mom, and the FB group admin the information will get to the PI. I eventually was contacted by the group administrator who then asked whether I submitted to NamUs or any other organization. I told him/her that I had only made one official submission of Amanda as a potential match to the Memphis detective.

Yes. I called Memphis PD and submitted the information to a detective in the missing person's unit. I then sent a message to the administrator of the Facebook group Bring Amanda Poole Home. To be sure my message was noticed and attended to, I then sent a direct message to Amanda's mom asking her to read the message I had sent through the group's FB page. At the time I did that I incorrectly thought the group was run by Amanda's mom or a member of Amanda's family because there was a comment from Amanda's mom on one of the messages. Amanda's mother then replied to me through messenger informing me that she could not see the message because the group is run by someone with Missing In America (iirc) and that at that point they had not contacted her about the message. I then sent all of the same information and links to Amanda's mom who then gave me contact information for a private investigator. I did not contact or forward info to the PI. I assume between the MPD detective, Amanda's mom, and the FB group admin the information will get to the PI. I eventually was contacted by the group administrator who then asked whether I submitted to NamUs or any other organization. I told him/her that I had only made one official submission of Amanda as a potential match to the Memphis detective.
That is great work! My stomach definitely dropped when I saw Amanda Poole's photos, out of everyone considered she looks most like the Doe and the circumstances match up fairly well. I can't imagine how her family is doing through this and I really hope their contacts can verify if this is her or not...
It hurts to see how little coverage Amanda Poole's disappearance had so I really, really hope that this may at least give them a lead or some momentum to find her.
Thank you for doing this work -I'm hopeful to see where this goes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back