TN TN - Nashville, Sulphur Creek Rd, Blk/Hisp Fem 15-25, UP52531, Vandy clothes, Sep'18

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by astridxx, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ghostINshell

ghostINshell Well-Known Member

2. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

natesma likes this.
  3. ghostINshell

ghostINshell Well-Known Member

When i type in missing from Vanderbilt University, the only missing person who shows up as missing from there is Justin Shults, who's body was later found at the Brussels Airport in Belgium due to the Brussels terrorist attacks.
    THIS IS STRAIGHT UP RIDICULOUS
    Why didn't law enforcement ask around campus to see if anyone had seen the woman??? Idk why but i'm feeling that LE just has not tried hard enough to identify this young lady. For some reason, I feel too that this is because she is a woman of color. They gave Justin so much attention, why don't they give her the same as well??? Especially since she was found at the University too and she has University gear on too to represent the school.

sluethermac, Queena, Keane and 2 others like this.
  4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Well-Known Member

Vanderbilt had a home football game on Sept 1, 2018. I believe there's a strong possibility that she attended- or planned to attend- that game.

5. Dylansmom08

Dylansmom08 Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I never thought to check on football schedule for that time thank you so much for looking that up. I agree there is a good possibility that she could have attended or planned to attend that game. I wish they would have done a reconstruction picture or sketch of what she looked like to spread around that may go a long way to identifying her. I don't know why don't seem to have put much effort into this case and that is sad.

natesma, Keane, devertere and 3 others like this.
  6. springheeledjane

springheeledjane New Member

Just a note: I live in Nashville and Vandy gear is sold EVERYWHERE here. Walmart, Target, Kohl's, etc. all have decently-sized Vanderbilt merch sections. I think it's unlikely she was a student there.

This case is so frustrating to me. I don't understand why MNPD hasn't released a sketch.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  7. Keane

Keane Well-Known Member

If she wasn't a student, she could have been a family member of an alumnus/ae or just a fan of the team(s).

I agree that this should be solvable. Going to poke around NAMUS' Missing.

sluethermac and natesma like this.
  8. Keane

Keane Well-Known Member

Hmmm... coincidences always interest me.

Nahomy Alexandra Banegas-Banegas, Female, Hispanic / Latino
    She was 15 when she went missing from Oakland, CA.
    Even though the last date of contact is supposed to be December 2018, this caught my eye:

MP was last seen at home on 14DEC18 when RP left for work MP was no longer at home.

MP is believed to be staying with an uncle and friends in Tennessee. RP does not know the exact location in Tennessee.
    [BBM]

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

devertere, Queena, natesma and 4 others like this.
  9. MarieStarton

MarieStarton New Member

I was looking for more information about the pants. I found someone selling a pair on Poshmark. They, luckily, took a picture of the tags which has a partial manufacturer's date visible. The pants were made in 2017, thumb covers the month. I think this is helpful because it assigns a time frame and confirms she was wearing relatively new collegiate wear. Which is rather pricy if it's not an assigned uniform. Here is a link to the sale site as well. Who knows, this person selling it could have been on the same team if they were assigned athletic wear, as someone suggested. Vanderbilt Star Leggings

Attached Files:

10. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

I feel like NAB can't be our Unidentified because the reporting party said they last saw her in December 2018. I do think it's notable that LE apparently couldn't track down the uncle she could be staying with and also wonder where that information (believed to be staying with uncle and friends in TN) came from.

Queena likes this.
  11. Pepperina28

Pepperina28 New Member

Did you reach out to the seller? This is interesting. The seller also says they are “from vandy”. This leads me to believe the pants were bought on campus. I believe that is a headband with a zipper compartment to put your key in while you run. I have a similar one I used to wear to put my house key in while I ran. The whole outfit is just not what you would expect to see a woman living in the margins wearing, or a woman who could go unreported for 2 years. I hope whoever this young lady is will get her identity back.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    ghostINshell, Al Ka and Queena like this.
  12. Queena

Queena Active Member

I'm going to set up a Facebook page for this unknown doe. I've set up one in the past for missing a few guys who went missing in Chicago. Maybe someone will know something. I'll come back and post the link when I get a chance to do it.

13. sluethermac

sluethermac Active Member

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
    If that's the case wrt family, I've already went through the Basketball and Football roster for the 2016-2018 seasons and searched up missing people with the same last names. I've only found a handful of matches. Someone can double check and go through the other sports teams rosters if they'd like.

RookieInvestigator and Al Ka like this.
  14. sluethermac

sluethermac Active Member

It's not out the realm of possibilities the school failed to deliver the coverage to everyone.
    This case reminds me of Tara Smart's, a college athlete who vanished with minimal coverage; I couldn't even find anything on the university's social media regarding her disappearance. Like Tara, I'm suspecting Jane Doe was a student athlete from the clothing recovered at the site.

(Tara Smart - 2017 - Women's Track and Field - NDSU)
    (Tara E. Smart – The Charley Project)

15. dorothyland

dorothyland Well-Known Member

Yep, a few posts ago I made the same suggestion. I think there's a good chance she's international.

16. RookieInvestigator

RookieInvestigator Well-Known Member

NamUs: MP72501
    Olivia Vasesquez-De Leon
    Female, Hispanic / Latino
    Last Contact: Jan 16, 2018
    Height: 5' 4" to 5' 7"
    Weight: 90-110 lbs

Olivia told her Uncle she was leaving and told him that she wasn't coming back. She was last seen getting into a silver 1999 model Cheverolet S-14 truck bearing TN. registration BMD-817. The driver of this vehicle was identified on June 24, 2018, by Maryland State Police after an Officer intiated a traffic stop on this truck. He searched the vehicle for Olivia but with negative results. The driver stated he was helping a friend move from TN. to Deleware. The driver was identified and gave the trooper an address in Wilmington, DE., 19805. The driver said he did not know 'Olivia'. Olivia may possibly be residing with her boyfriend in Chattanooga, TN.

17. devertere

devertere Well-Known Member

Bumping!

annemc2 and Steph9676 like this.