Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's totally excruciating to have to sit here and wait for information. If anything like this ever happens near me, I'll absolutely go search. I wish them all strength, hope this baby boy is found safe!

Do we know anything about the family? I tried googling, but all I can come up with is that he was with grandma and sister.

[video=twitter;688086959735050240]https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Kurt/status/688086959735050240[/video]
Kurt Mullen @WBBJ7Kurt
Three more buses full of volunteers head to continue the search for #NoahChamberlin. #FindNoah @WBBJ7News

I have been looking for information on the family also and am not finding anything. I wonder where the mom and dad are and how old is grandma.

It's totally excruciating to have to sit here and wait for information. If anything like this ever happens near me, I'll absolutely go search. I wish them all strength, hope this baby boy is found safe!

I'm with you, it's so hard to be so far away and not able to help find this boy. I'm refreshing every few min. hoping, praying for this boy. I have two move in's today at work, an interview, new flooring going in my office bathroom and I cannot focus on anything. I want to go pick up my lil ones, hug them and never let them out of my sight, ever.

Could he have walked back out of the woods towards houses?
Makes me think again of little Elijah Wood who was found in a window sill. He was 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah Wood, the actor? What happened when he was little?

Oh no...was also hoping to wake up and read he was found. Ugh. Suddenly toddlers on leashes is looking less silly....I use to judge the women at the malls who would do this...now I dont. :) God bless this boy. Praying so hard he comes home safe!! Its really cold and wet out there for ANYONE, esp a toddler.

They scoot away QUICK don't they?! I don't have children yet but this site is an eye opener!! Deorr poofed into thin air, now this baby. I feel bad for the grandmother. She must be beating herself up about this but why do people take small children on 'nature walks'? Do we teach them to go into the woods now? Not judging...just asking. JMO. :angel: My parents always told me theyd beat my booty if I went into the woods. LOL. Also, Would a child that was just there and then "poofed" perhaps have fallen into something? Why don't they cry when they discover they are alone unless they can't or something because they are knocked out? Why don't they wail? :(

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking nature walks with a toddler. I'm sure many people do it and everything is fine. But you have to know your toddler and their personality. And you have to not take your eyes on them for a second. Even a well-behaved child could run off easily.

Two year olds, for the most part, don't understand something like "if you do ___, than you'll get hurt" or whatever. So it's not really easy to teach them not to run off. They don't understand safety or consequences a lot of the time.

Kurt Mullen ‏@WBBJ7Kurt 5m5 minutes ago
Just spoke with Madison Co. SD PIO who says nothing has been found from the search crews sent out this morning so far. #FindNoah @WBBJ7News

The Jackson Sun ‏@JSunNews 2m2 minutes ago
Nonprofits, businesses feed search volunteers http://fb.me/4WWHG4KLQ

I saw a map earlier in this thread. Is that pin point on the exact area? It said they were behind their house. Which house is it?

oh no, another little one and again I am drawn in (despite saying "I can't go through this for a while") :(
My first thought was sink holes too. Where are you Noah? :heartbeat:

I don't know much about searches and such, but these people seem to have it together.

I live in Middle TN and yes, there are a lot of sinkholes. Our farm is about 70 acres and we know there are quite a few on it. One of our neighbors says he can remember finding a full sized, adult brood cow in one on our property and if you had not heard the cow bawling, you would have never seen her. They had to use a tractor to pull her out due to the depth of the hole. We use a 4 wheeler or horse to check our fence lines and have noted when the sinkholes are in order to avoid them. Tennessee and Kentucky are notorious from sink hole issues- take for example what happened at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY.

I am trying to see any possible good in this situation and there is one thing that sticks out- the kindness and willingness to help from the people of Tennessee. We relocated here from the Northeast about 18 months ago, and are astounded by the people here. We expected to be treated as "Damn Yankees", or outsiders, but have found just the opposite. People here are exceeding kind, friendly and will go out if there way to help you. I am proud to say I live in a community like this, surrounded by the quality of people this beautiful state has!

Prayers for Noah, his family and those searching!

this kills me! I look at my nearly 2 year old and cannot imagine losing her like this! Where are you baby boy?! :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This might sound odd, but where I live the ground is rock hard....what exactly is a sinkhole? Like I mean are they already there or does the ground just give way without warning?

I don't think that is the correct home and barn. In the photo of the home, both roofs are dark, the house has dormer windows and a chimney and there is a propane tank near the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305