Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc yesterday the sheriff said sinkholes would be searched next? Has anything else be said about this today?

I was a bit out of touch today because I had lots of things to do, so haven't read every post. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already!

ETA: just saw in kimi's post (Thank You! kimi!) that apparently they have searched sinkholes.

@MarandaFaris
Q&A on #Find Noah

Part 3 (continues):

-Is there a deadline for them to stop searching?
-what's going on?

*OR: we asked sheriff weaver if there was a deadline to switch over from being search and rescue and he basically said they don't have an answer right now and they're gonna continue searching.
*M: this is just a Q&A session on a missing child . he was reported missing about 130p Thursday from a small community just over the CC line

*OR: yes we both work for the Jacksonville Sun
*M :Yes we are an actual media source. There are caves in the area. (flips the camera / now talking at the same time :pullhair: ) What were we answering? Oh, there are caves in the area, creeks, sink holes.
OR: There are caves in the area, they said they have searched them. Also sink holes

-he gives good updates
-dredged the creek
-anyone know when the last time Noah was seen
-age?

*OR: but it is still a search and rescue
*M: We don't know how long it was before grandma reported him missing. They haven't turned this into a criminal investigation yet. They we don't know why for sure. My assumptions on that are my own. As far as a criminal case, we don't know yet, but they're not calling it that
*OR: Noah's about two and a half

-well someone took (ETA: ) him and whoever it is I hope they go to he!! (username redacted)
-is the sheriff related to the victim?
-do you feel sheriff weaver is alienating volunteers with his demeanor?
-what is your take
-have they checked the places the psychic leads?
-how cold is it?
-social media chatter seems he may be
-divers in creek?
-do you think he may have been taken
-have you personally spoken with family? did you get any vibes?
-have they searched on the opposite side of the road?
-do they presume him alive still?
-how far down stream are they checking the creeks?
-who's Noah?
-do they think they will find him alive?
- they have searched the house?
-everyone is a critic. we all need to trust the professionals. they are trying everything!

*M: Is that (username Redacted): I can't, I can't answer that. As far as we know the Sheriff has no relation to the victim
*OR: we asked about the psychic leads and they said they've searched into everything that's come to them, although they don't believe in psychics
*M: they have put, they haven't put divers into the creek but they took a strike team in, and right now it's about 34 the last time I checked the weather? and it's getting freezing at night.
*OR: and no the family hasn't spoken to media that we're aware of
*M: I don't know for sure if they have searched the opposite side of the road of not. They believe he is still alive. They are calling this a search and rescue operation right now. I believe they've checked the entire streams and creeks
*OR: For those just coming in, Noah is a little 2 and a half year old boy who went missing on Thursday afternoon. They believe he's missing in the woods behind his grandmother's house
*M: He was last reported about 160 yards is the last I think is the last number I heard.
*OR: And yes that have searched the house
*M: Anything else guys?

End Part 3 at 5:31
(total video length 11:34)

@MarandaFaris on #Periscope
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj
Parts 1+2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298765-TN-Noah-Israel-Chamberlin-2-Pinson-14-Jan-2016-2&p=12298152#post12298152

Link to MsM's synopsis:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12297710https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj

At a press conference Monday, Sheriff Blair Weaver said that he believes Noah is still in the search area and that all registered sex offenders have been interviewed.

Authorities have also spoken with the entire Chamberlin family, including Noah’s four-year-old sister who was on the nature walk with Noah when he disappeared.

When asked why authorities remain optimistic with their search, Sheriff Weaver said, "faith."

http://www.people.com/article/noah-chamberlin-no-signs-of-tennessee-toddler-missing-since-thursday

Im trying to keep from laughing cause I thought WT? Anyways glad it wasnt just me.
I am trying to stay positive about Noah but does anyone know of a case where a 2 yr old made it 5 days in the woods/wild? Just wondering...He is such a beautiful little boy,still praying and hoping.

I just can't believe that LE believes that Noah is still alive. How could he be in this weather with nothing on but a long sleeved shirt and jeans, no food or water and possible injuries if he did fall into a hole. My guess is that the sheriff doesn't want the family to lose hope. That being said I'm still praying for a miracle. JMO

I just can't believe he's not turned up yet.

Kinda off topic but I've just been cleaning my daughters shoes for school tomorrow (yep, filthy after one day!) and remembered they have a small toy in the inside sole of the shoe. They're Clarks shoes, probably the most famous in the UK for kids fitted shoes, especially for school. Anyway, a lot of them have these little compartments with a toy in these days, and it got me thinking about the possibility of having some kind of GPS chip that could go in a childs shoe (or pocket, coat etc).

Maybe something already exists, I dunno, but when I think about the number of kids who go missing it would be great if even one of them could be tracked in this way. I know some people would not love the idea but others would find peace of mind. My children knew my mobile phone number by heart by the age of 3 in case they ever get lost and could ask an adult for help, but it wouldn't help them if they were lost alone.

I just can't believe he's not turned up yet.

Kinda off topic but I've just been cleaning my daughters shoes for school tomorrow (yep, filthy after one day!) and remembered they have a small toy in the inside sole of the shoe. They're Clarks shoes, probably the most famous in the UK for kids fitted shoes, especially for school. Anyway, a lot of them have these little compartments with a toy in these days, and it got me thinking about the possibility of having some kind of GPS chip that could go in a childs shoe (or pocket, coat etc).

Maybe something already exists, I dunno, but when I think about the number of kids who go missing it would be great if even one of them could be tracked in this way. I know some people would not love the idea but others would find peace of mind. My children knew my mobile phone number by heart by the age of 3 in case they ever get lost and could ask an adult for help, but it wouldn't help them if they were lost alone.

This is a way better idea than when last night I told my husband that when we have kids we should microchip them like the dog. With GPS. I hope your idea becomes a real life thing!

I know I can be a little slow but I don't have a clue about "I will not kiss her". ???

Sorry y'all - I chose to redact the troll's comment, but not the reporter's response. There's a plethora of online commentary that did not make it onto my posts ( I've been at this for HOURS much to my kids' chagrin mind you ) and if I took the time to write up everything folks wrote on the chat thread, it would take all week. It was a tough call, but I decided to try to transcribe their responses (and as best I could, the questions or comments that went with them).

I'm certain I'm making mistakes along the way. I've edited a few typos on both posts. I'm working as fast as I can and am thoroughly disheartened that I'm only halfway through. I thought about only typing their responses, but since many of you can't see the chat thread, you'd be reading their answers out of context.

This "kissing" comment is a perfect example of why posting the chat thread separately (e.g. after I post the reporters' answers first) would not work. Context is important (as much as you can have that in this format). So your patience and understanding is appreciated. I'm also making judgment calls on what /who they're responding to. Because they rarely call screennames out on camera, and these posts are flying by and disappear quickly (and as soon as I pause the video), painstaking is a nice way of saying it.

It is worth it (unless there's another way to do this and I can't think of one).

#FindNoah

Kimi, don't apologize! I for one am super grateful you're doing this! Please do not feel pressured. I think you're doing an amazing job, thank you!!!

:tyou:

This is a way better idea than when last night I told my husband that when we have kids we should microchip them like the dog. With GPS. I hope your idea becomes a real life thing!

I reckon you can probably get something already, I think I've seen adverts for special keyrings which you can track with your phone, I'm sure something could be adapted for kids*. Shoes might work though they often lose them, maybe something that could be firmly attached to clothing somehow. I think of Noah and DeOrr and William and dozens of others who have passed through these pages and just wonder if some of them could have been saved.

*if anyone makes it can I have a cut please thanks. It could be called CagTrack ;)

Awesome Job Kimi!!!!!!! Very grateful for your hard work :)

I think the kiss comment was a much needed comic relief for how stressed it has been! Glad it was included.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

To give you an idea of what the weather was like here last Thursday in TN, I am located about 3 hours mostly east and slightly north of Pinson. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, one of those rare winter days that makes you change your plans and drop everything to be outdoors. I actually took a picture of our thermometer in the shade on the north side of our house at 12:59 PM. It read 56 degrees F. I would assume it was at least a few degrees warmer in the sun.

I spent part of my afternoon riding one of our horses. I left the house in a pair of jeans, sweat shirt and short sleeved t-shirt. Until I had my horse ready to go, I left the sweat shirt in the barn and rode in just my t-shirt. It was breezy, but not a cold breeze and actually quite comfortable. I rode in the woods that from the appearance from Google Earth of our property would be similar in density to the woods where Noah disappeared. Because my horse has his full winter hair coat, he was actually fairly sweaty.

One thing to note as well, once the sun starts to drop, it gets chilly quickly. It can get dark quicker than you think, especially due to hills, rolling landscape, etc.

They need to go out further from the last place seen.

First of all, it was a warm sunny day the afternoon he disappeared. His grandmother called 9/11 at 1:19 p.m. to report him missing. One could assume grandma must have spent at least 20-30 minutes running around looking for him before she called for help, I think that would be about the norm out in a rural setting. The sun sets around 5:00 pm over in Tennessee right now. That would have allowed Noah to travel in whatever direction at whatever pace for at least 4 hours. As the sun began to set and he slowly began to realize that he could hear no one and see no one, the panic may have began setting in and he began running as fast as his little legs would carry him.

Next problem. Even though that area is considered rural, there are a good deal of homes and farms scattered around. The problem with homes scattered around close to a thinning forest is that light will travel further. People have porch lights, yard lights, and security lights. Some of them are super bright, and some of them not so much. Noah may have been able to catch a glimpse of some of those lights after sunset and began heading towards them in the early evening hours. There is an entire town closeby, he may have caught glimpses of those lights as well. Anybody that has ever spent much time camping in the winter months knows that one of the first things that catches your attention after dark is a light off in the distance. You always wonder who it belongs to and what it is for. To a 2 1/2 year old, that light off in the distance may have represented Grandma's house, or maybe Mom and Dad's house, unbeknownst to him that the lights were almost a mile and a half away, maybe two. He was lost, he would have tried to find something familiar to him in order to find Grandma.

The weather in that area continued to be pretty mild and fairly warm until after midnight Thursday and into early Friday morning. This pretty much means that Noah could have traveled in pretty favorable conditions almost all night long if he was able and willing. Whatever lights the searchers can see off in the distance tonight......Noah was able to see those same lights, and in my opinion, probably walked towards them. If I was hopelessly lost, I'd sure as hell walk towards those lights.

If you refer to the map, you will see there are two main areas that would have been lit up pretty good that night, and pretty much every night. To the southeast, the town of Henderson, which is 5 miles in a straight line from Grandma's house. This entire area would have been lit up with street lights, stop lights, and all the lights generally associated with an entire town. To the southwest, about a mile away, there is a much smaller community with what looks like about a dozen homes. Any lights in this area would have obviously been much closer to him, but whether he could see them or not is the million dollar question. The search teams should be able to confirm that one way or the other.

To me, in the mind of a two year old, the number of lights and the brightness they put out would be more of a lure and a beacon to head towards. Unfortunately, that would have put him on a 5 mile trek cross country toward Henderson instead of towards a neighborhood about a mile away. Somewhere along the way he most likely laid down to take a nap and sleep for awhile. He would have woken up the next morning cold and with wet clothes as a rainstorm pushed through. At daybreak all of those lights would be gone, nothing in view now except forest.

The searchers need to find a starting point about 1/2 mile south of the grandma's house, or whatever point they deem reasonable that Noah may have been able to travel prior to dark. From there they need to focus in on visible lights in the distance, in whatever direction, and then try to chart a path and follow trails towards those lights. I don't think the weather would have been been a major factor for almost 12 hours after he was reported missing. The question is, how far was he able to travel in that 12 hours ?

Beginning the early morning hours of Friday, the temps. began to cool, the rains came in, and everything began to take a downward slide. If Noah was mobile on Friday, he likely wouldn't have tried to go very far. Of course, after that point, from Friday afternoon onward everything turned frigid and horrible.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.koApw5Wusksg&usp=sharing

Kimi, you covered the important points - I don't see any mistakes. Thank you! :loveyou:

I'll just add a few things Sheriff Weaver said at the 4 pm press conference:

LE used sonar to search creeks and ponds. Also used IR in helicopters and on the ground, night vision apparatus too. Volunteers will be out again tonight in one-hour shifts and there is a warming camper on site.

Some volunteers asked if they could bring their own SAR-trained dogs - Weaver said yes. He also said another team is coming in from North Carolina tomorrow. There is also a specialized team trained in tracking escaped criminals working the scene.

I reckon you can probably get something already, I think I've seen adverts for special keyrings which you can track with your phone, I'm sure something could be adapted for kids*. Shoes might work though they often lose them, maybe something that could be firmly attached to clothing somehow. I think of Noah and DeOrr and William and dozens of others who have passed through these pages and just wonder if some of them could have been saved.

*if anyone makes it can I have a cut please thanks. It could be called CagTrack ;)

There are several option on the market now but most have limited range and they can be bulky. I have a 2 year old nephew and I've actually checked into it because I've spent too much time on this site and I know about all the terrible things that can happen. I do plan on getting him one of the wristwatch models when he gets a little older.

Does anyone know if the grandmother had a cell phone and called for help from it or did she have to return to her home....seems like if she had a phone on her that would narrow down the time for help to come....if she had to go to her home then not so much. This has been nagging at me about the phone.

They need to go out further from the last place seen.

First of all, it was a warm sunny day the afternoon he disappeared. His grandmother called 9/11 at 1:19 p.m. to report him missing. One could assume grandma must have spent at least 20-30 minutes running around looking for him before she called for help, I think that would be about the norm out in a rural setting. The sun sets around 5:00 pm over in Tennessee right now. That would have allowed Noah to travel in whatever direction at whatever pace for at least 4 hours. As the sun began to set and he slowly began to realize that he could hear no one and see no one, the panic may have began setting in and he began running as fast as his little legs would carry him.

Next problem. Even though that area is considered rural, there are a good deal of homes and farms scattered around. The problem with homes scattered around close to a thinning forest is that light will travel further. People have porch lights, yard lights, and security lights. Some of them are super bright, and some of them not so much. Noah may have been able to catch a glimpse of some of those lights after sunset and began heading towards them in the early evening hours. There is an entire town closeby, he may have caught glimpses of those lights as well. Anybody that has ever spent much time camping in the winter months knows that one of the first things that catches your attention after dark is a light off in the distance. You always wonder who it belongs to and what it is for. To a 2 1/2 year old, that light off in the distance may have represented Grandma's house, or maybe Mom and Dad's house, unbeknownst to him that the lights were almost a mile and a half away, maybe two. He was lost, he would have tried to find something familiar to him in order to find Grandma.

The weather in that area continued to be pretty mild and fairly warm until after midnight Thursday and into early Friday morning. This pretty much means that Noah could have traveled in pretty favorable conditions almost all night long if he was able and willing. Whatever lights the searchers can see off in the distance tonight......Noah was able to see those same lights, and in my opinion, probably walked towards them. If I was hopelessly lost, I'd sure as hell walk towards those lights.

If you refer to the map, you will see there are two main areas that would have been lit up pretty good that night, and pretty much every night. To the southeast, the town of Henderson, which is 5 miles in a straight line from Grandma's house. This entire area would have been lit up with street lights, stop lights, and all the lights generally associated with an entire town. To the southwest, about a mile away, there is a much smaller community with what looks like about a dozen homes. Any lights in this area would have obviously been much closer to him, but whether he could see them or not is the million dollar question. The search teams should be able to confirm that one way or the other.

To me, in the mind of a two year old, the number of lights and the brightness they put out would be more of a lure and a beacon to head towards. Unfortunately, that would have put him on a 5 mile trek cross country toward Henderson instead of towards a neighborhood about a mile away. Somewhere along the way he most likely laid down to take a nap and sleep for awhile. He would have woken up the next morning cold and with wet clothes as a rainstorm pushed through. At daybreak all of those lights would be gone, nothing in view now except forest.

The searchers need to find a starting point about 1/2 mile south of the grandma's house, or whatever point they deem reasonable that Noah may have been able to travel prior to dark. From there they need to focus in on visible lights in the distance, in whatever direction, and then try to chart a path and follow trails towards those lights. I don't think the weather would have been been a major factor for almost 12 hours after he was reported missing. The question is, how far was he able to travel in that 12 hours ?

Beginning the early morning hours of Friday, the temps. began to cool, the rains came in, and everything began to take a downward slide. If Noah was mobile on Friday, he likely wouldn't have tried to go very far. Of course, after that point, from Friday afternoon onward everything turned frigid and horrible.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.koApw5Wusksg&usp=sharing
Your post crushed me. I could just imagine little Noah in those woods.. but I do wholeheartedly agree with you!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Sorry y'all - I chose to redact the troll's comment, but not the reporter's response. There's a plethora of online commentary that did not make it onto my posts ( I've been at this for HOURS much to my kids' chagrin mind you ) and if I took the time to write up everything folks wrote on the chat thread, it would take all week. It was a tough call, but I decided to try to transcribe their responses (and as best I could, the questions or comments that went with them).

I'm certain I'm making mistakes along the way. I've edited a few typos on both posts. I'm working as fast as I can and am thoroughly disheartened that I'm only halfway through. I thought about only typing their responses, but since many of you can't see the chat thread, you'd be reading their answers out of context.

This "kissing" comment is a perfect example of why posting the chat thread separately (e.g. after I post the reporters' answers first) would not work. Context is important (as much as you can have that in this format). So your patience and understand is appreciated. I'm also making judgment calls on what /who they're responding to. Because they rarely call screennames out on camera, and these posts are flying by and disappear quickly (and as soon as I pause the video), painstaking is a nice way of saying it.

It is worth it (unless there's another way to do this and I can't think of one).

#FindNoah

Oh no, you're doing a great job transcribing kimi. I should have figured it was something from the presser. I watched it live and saw the comments rolling up the left side of the page so I know how hard it would be to get everything. Thank you for all your work,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305