Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gaah: Ok, here's another article I just read, and they say a few up hundred more acres were added today, also that some of the search equipment is going to have to be moved due to the impending storm. Also, there's a bit about the leads.

And ummm... They claim to have looked up the registered sex offenders within a 5 mile radius, contacted them, and at least 1 claims to not have been searched or questioned by police. Someone tell me this is impossible, unimportant, not as frightening as it sounds to me. I worked in journalism, so you'd think I'd be jaded about journalists, but instead I have a tendency to think they all have integrity because I did. Someone tell me they know this source is a poor one, please.
http://wreg.com/2016/01/20/authorities-update-public-on-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

Thank you! From the article:

"When asked about the leads, officials confirmed they have some which led them to believe the boy was still in the woods."

Mmh. What could they be then? :thinking:

Is the wording strange? "the boy was still in the woods" . "Still"? As opposed to what, wandering out of the woods? Or maybe it's just the reporter putting his own spin on it.

I've been worried about Noah. I hope that little bugger turns up. NOBODY HAS SUGGESTED NOAH HAS AUTISM!!
My son now 13 years was diagnosed on the autism spectrum around 21/2 years old.
Among our largest concerns was:

Sam's. willingness to walk/run super far away without ever looking back. I'm mean like the length of a football field before I would chase him down.
He did not respond to his name.
He did not seek out an adult for help
He Rarely slept
He had a Very high tolerance for discomfort and pain

I don't want this to be misinterpreted as me trying to toss ASD into ring. I'm just suggesting there are lots of kiddos out there with interesting "quirks". Noah may have some that throw the search team for a loop.

My 1 grandson is high spectrum and is a track runner (16) now. Yes, he had every one of those traits from an early age.

:gaah: Ok, here's another article I just read, and they say a few up hundred more acres were added today, also that some of the search equipment is going to have to be moved due to the impending storm. Also, there's a bit about the leads.

And ummm... They claim to have looked up the registered sex offenders within a 5 mile radius, contacted them, and at least 1 claims to not have been searched or questioned by police. Someone tell me this is impossible, unimportant, not as frightening as it sounds to me. I worked in journalism, so you'd think I'd be jaded about journalists, but instead I have a tendency to think they all have integrity because I did. Someone tell me they know this source is a poor one, please.
http://wreg.com/2016/01/20/authorities-update-public-on-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

:welcome: Thank you for joining us. I am still hopeful and it does sound insane but I just have to believe the most bizarre set of circumstances have aligned to keep this baby safe and alive somehow against all odds.

There are so many things I want to say, which usually means I can't say them here, lol. But IMO I think the sheriff is very familiar with the family. I'm not saying at all the he knows them knows them. But I think this family was very involved in their community and church. You'd have to be sleepwalking through life if you lived in that community to not notice them if your the sheriff or LE.

Thank you! From the article:

"When asked about the leads, officials confirmed they have some which led them to believe the boy was still in the woods."

Mmh. What could they be then? :thinking:

Is the wording strange? "the boy was still in the woods" . "Still"? As opposed to what, wandering out of the woods? Or maybe it's just the reporter putting his own spin on it.
The wording Is strange, isn't it. I've seen quotes in other articles, attributed to LE, such as:
"We've got some leads we've recovered, and that's one reason we feel he's still there," they said.
Leaders would not elaborate on what type of leads or evidence they found. When pressed for how 'realistic' it is Noah will be found alive, investigators responded by saying they would not give up hope.
"We still believe he is out there and evidently a lot of people do too, because they're coming to help us. We appreciate the support; we appreciate the help," Sheriff Blair Weaver said. "We haven't stopped and we're not going to stop." (From http://www.wlox.com/story/31015967/leads-found-in-search-for-missing-2-year-old-noah-chamberlin ) I can't help but take the "still" as in still alive, that's why we're still calling it search and rescue. But that's me, and I'm crazy hopeful.

After a week, I think we should prepare ourselves that this will be a recovery mission soon; if LE feels Noah is still in the woods. No one has the heart to say the terrible words yet.JMOO

Sorry to say, but he could only be alive, Imo, if he WAS abducted. And only then if by someone who wanted a child. Seems very unlikely...

That's odd. I've read the 20 minute time frame in a number of articles, so I went back to check it out and there are two different times listed for the 911 call in various articles. Some say 1:19, some "around 1:40." I wonder which it is and why it hasn't been kept straight?

Welcome, CanadianWells :welcome: and yes I found that odd also.

I had a look a the press conference and all I can think is that those 3 men can talk a long time without actually saying much at all.

*sad line of thinking warning*
With reference to "the leads" I wonder if they are not actually sparing us from some grim news. If the lead was that the trousers, shirt or shoes were found intact, it may indicate that Noah shed them (hypothermia sufferers go through a phase of feeling hot). If the lead is partial pieces of clothing, well, that line of thinking would be just as difficult. A "lead" that was followed in a case in FL recently was circling birds... :(
It's hard to think of a "lead" that would be acceptable/necessary to release to the public this late in the game...

If they ARE finding his clothing etc...how on earth far can he be from those items? This is just a mind-boggling search...

I had a look a the press conference and all I can think is that those 3 men can talk a long time without actually saying much at all.

*sad line of thinking warning*
With reference to "the leads" I wonder if they are not actually sparing us from some grim news. If the lead was that the trousers, shirt or shoes were found intact, it may indicate that Noah shed them (hypothermia sufferers go through a phase of feeling hot). If the lead is partial pieces of clothing, well, that line of thinking would be just as difficult. A "lead" that was followed in a case in FL recently was circling birds... :(
It's hard to think of a "lead" that would be acceptable/necessary to release to the public this late in the game...

Good thinking. I agree.

They would share the 'lead' with the family, wouldn't they?

Deer season has ended and I'm skeptical that a hunter would just leave their cams out in the woods after the season has ended. That said, around here during growing season, marijuana growers keep an eye on things using cams but it's long past growing time too.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
I have one up on my property that I move around just to watch the wildlife and to see habits and just who lives where. I don't hunt. Just a hobby.

Good thinking. I agree.

They would share the 'lead' with the family, wouldn't they?

I would hope LE would be honest all the way with family, in a very human way. Not let them wonder about 'words'. The stress must be unbelieveable. I would have to have my doctor dope me up through this.

The wording Is strange, isn't it. I've seen quotes in other articles, attributed to LE, such as:
"We've got some leads we've recovered, and that's one reason we feel he's still there," they said.
Leaders would not elaborate on what type of leads or evidence they found. When pressed for how 'realistic' it is Noah will be found alive, investigators responded by saying they would not give up hope.
"We still believe he is out there and evidently a lot of people do too, because they're coming to help us. We appreciate the support; we appreciate the help," Sheriff Blair Weaver said. "We haven't stopped and we're not going to stop." (From http://www.wlox.com/story/31015967/leads-found-in-search-for-missing-2-year-old-noah-chamberlin ) I can't help but take the "still" as in still alive, that's why we're still calling it search and rescue. But that's me, and I'm crazy hopeful.

I've found lots of wording to be strange. But one thing in particular was when asked was this still a search and rescue or recovery the sheriff said we aren't looking at it as one or the other. We are looking. Yesterday in the news briefing it was made clear it was still a search and rescue. Today was different apparently because they would not say it was a search and rescue. I'm fearing the worst but hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by CanadianWells View Post
Ok, here's another article I just read, and they say a few up hundred more acres were added today, also that some of the search equipment is going to have to be moved due to the impending storm. Also, there's a bit about the leads.

I believe that somewhere back thread I read that they didn't check those with ankle monitors because the monitors track movement.

Ray_of_hope, I'm not so sure that would be a very effective strategy of ruling out RSOs when there is a lost child which may wander right up to the RSO's doorstep seeking help.. They may want to rethink this strategy in the future, imo..

I have one up on my property that I move around just to watch the wildlife and to see habits and just who lives where. I don't hunt. Just a hobby.
Hey it's good to know what's going on on your property while you're sleeping. :)

My son hunts back behind our house. He leaves his trail cam up even after deer season just to watch the deer who come through and see if any are lost throughout the year. I know several deer hunters who do the same. But that definitely does not mean all do. It would have been wonderful if there were trail cams out there in that area. That would have helped so much Imo.

Ray_of_hope, I'm not so sure that would be a very effective strategy of ruling out RSOs when there is a lost child which may wander right up to the RSO's doorstep seeking help.. They may want to rethink this strategy in the future, imo..

Good point. Also there have been some that have managed to get the monitor off and leave their houses. I would want everyone checked. But that was the only reason I could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member