TN - Pamela McCall, 33, Spring Hill, pregnant and strangled, 10 May 1991 *arrest in 2020*

dotr

Reaction score
May 6 2020
District Attorney: 1991 Spring Hill cold case solved, suspected serial killer extradited to Tennessee
Screen-Shot-2020-05-06-at-2.22.27-PM.png

''Investigators say that on May 10, 1991, around 12:30 p.m., Spring Hill police responded to a report of a body near Saturn Parkway near the ramp for Port Royal Road.

That’s where police found McCall’s body. Her body had torn clothing, undergarments and injuries to her face and neck.

Evidence and witness statements said that McCall may have been traveling with a Semi Truck Driver at the time of her death. The autopsy revealed that someone had strangled McCall to death and she was 24 weeks pregnant at the time. The unborn child also died.

Investigators submitted evidence found in 1991 to the TBI Crime Laboratory for DNA analysis. That analysis resulted in the development of a full DNA profile of a white male.

That profile was submitted to the CODIS DNA database where it came out to be a match to DNA recovered at two more unsolved homicides in Wyoming.

The two Wyoming homicides happened in March and April of 1992. Authorities said those homicides were similar to the McCall homicide with a truck driver possibly being the suspect.

With the McCall killer’s DNA matching DNA from two more homicides in Wyoming, investigators from DCI Wyoming and the 22nd Judicial District Attorney’s office teamed up. They also recieved help from state and federal agencies. Ultimately investigors identified 59-year-old Clark Baldwin, a former truck driver and resident of Waterloo, Iowa as as the suspect in the murder of Rose McCall and the two homicides in Wyoming.''

Tammy Zywicki Case: Accused Serial Killer Investigated in 1992 Slaying
''A Tennessee crime lab developed a DNA profile of the suspect in McCall's death last year after a cold case investigator submitted evidence for analysis. A check in a national database matched the profile to one that had been developed years earlier linking the two Wyoming deaths.

Investigators zeroed in on Baldwin after finding DNA in commercial genealogy databases of someone related to the suspect’s profile, court documents say. Last month in Waterloo, the FBI secretly collected DNA from Baldwin’s trash and a shopping cart he used at Walmart and testing revealed that it was a match.

Tennessee District Attorney General Brent Cooper praised investigators for “bringing this serial killer to justice.”

“I'm also very happy to be able to give Rose McCall's mother a chance to see justice for her daughter's and granddaughter's murders,” he said. “As she put it in a recent phone call, ‘At least I have a grave to visit, some moms don’t even that.'"

@dotr - do you know what county in TN? I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the articles - but I did see 22nd judicial district - Nashville?? TIA!

and thanks for starting this thread - I'll be following....

@dotr - do you know what county in TN? I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the articles - but I did see 22nd judicial district - Nashville?? TIA!

and thanks for starting this thread - I'll be following....
Just guessing on this one as very unfamiliar with the area.. 3 potential counties? rbbm
Ten Apply for 22nd Judicial District Circuit Court Vacancy | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts
''the 22nd Judicial District. This district covers Giles, Lawrence, Maury, and Wayne Counties''

Thread for suspected sk..
IA - Clark Perry Baldwin -- Iowa trucker charged with 3 murders

Last edited:
Just guessing on this one as very unfamiliar with the area.. 3 potential counties? rbbm
Ten Apply for 22nd Judicial District Circuit Court Vacancy | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts
''the 22nd Judicial District. This district covers Giles, Lawrence, Maury, and Wayne Counties''

Thread for suspected sk..
IA - Clark Perry Baldwin -- Iowa trucker charged with 3 murders

Thanks for that court link - but it doesn't look like you can look up any court cases there. And will check out that SK thread.

I just wanted to look up his case - and make sure I get a court date. Hopefully, if anyone finds a good link - I'll be able to access it! :) So I won't have to bother anyone that is reading here.

One day late on this....

Thursday, May 7th:
Extradition Hearing (re Pamela's case) (@ am ET) IA/TN – Pamela Rose Aldridge McCall (32) & her unborn child (discovered 3/10/91, approximately 100 feet from the Saturn Parkway, west of Interstate 65 (I65), in Spring Hill, TN.) - *Clark Perry Baldwin (30 @ time of crime/59) arrested & charged (5/6/20) 2 counts of 1st degree murder.
On 03/10/1991, 03/01/1992, and 04/13/1992, three female bodies were found along the Interstate Highways in Tennessee (TN) & Wyoming (WY), which have been linked to an unidentified white male DNA profile. Sheridan County Jane Doe & Bitter Creek Betty has also been linked via DNA to the murder of Pamela Rose McCall.
On 03/10/1991, Pamela Rose Aldridge McCall’s body was discovered approximately 100 feet from the Saturn Parkway, west of Interstate 65 (I65), in Spring Hill, TN. Pamela was 32 years-old, 5’6” tall, 120 pounds, with shoulder length brown hair. She was dressed in a black miniskirt and tan panty hose (no shoes or socks). She was last seen at the Union 76 Truck Stop, ten miles north along I65. She was sexually assaulted and died as a result of manual strangulation. She was 20 weeks pregnant at the time of her death.

5/6/20 Update: Baldwin was arrested at his Iowa home. He will be expedited to Tennessee. He was also charged with two murders in Wyoming and will face those charges after those in Tennessee are resolved.
5/7/20 Update: Extradition hearing on 5/7. Asks to talk with public defender & then waives extradition hearing. No other court dates available. Will be extradited to TN.

Also – WY – Bitter Creek Betty (~24-32) (found March 1, 1992, off the westbound lane of Interstate 80 (I80), along the bottom of a slope, at the rest area known as “Bitter Creek”, 40 miles east of Rock Springs, WY. Sweetwater County).
On 03/01/1992, the unidentified nude remains of a Hispanic/Latina (based on ancestral DNA) female were found off the westbound lane of Interstate 80 (I80), along the bottom of a slope, at the rest area known as “Bitter Creek”, 40 miles east of Rock Springs, WY. The victim was between 24 – 32 years-old, 5’8” tall, 130 pounds, with collar length brown hair. She had a long vertical scar on her abdomen, potentially a caesarean scar, and a red rose tattoo with what appears to be Chinese characters between the stem and the right leaf on her right breast. The cause of victim’s death could not be determined; however, due to the circumstances on how and where victim’s body was recovered this case is considered a homicide. The victim had evidence of trauma to her neck, face, and jaw as well as a potential puncture wound of the left nostril, which penetrated her spheroid bone. It could not be determined if this wound was by the offender or if it was the result of postmortem recovery. (Refer to figures 1 and 2 and National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) database, case report numbers UP8894.
Also – WY - I-90 Jane Doe (~16-21) (found April 13, 1992, was found near mile post 5 on the west side of Interstate 90 in Sheridan County, WY).
On April 13, 1992, Sheridan County, Wyoming: On April 13, 1992, the decomposed body of an unidentified female was found near mile post 5 on the west side (southbound) of Interstate 90 (I90), approximately 5 miles south of the WY & MT state line, in Sheridan County, Wyoming. The body was that of a white female, approximately 20 to 30 years old, (changed to 17 to 23 years old), 5'5" to 5'6" inches tall, approximately 110-115 pounds in weight with brown hair (sun bleached brown shoulder length). No identification was found with the victim who appears to have died from a blow to the head. She wore size 5 Kayo of California medium blue jeans with a white plastic belt having a gold color buckle; a size large Sauci brand blue and white checkered midriff short sleeve blouse with pearl colored ornamental buttons; a size 38C Chic brand light blue lacey bra, and size 5 – 6 Bill Blass brand dark blue and pink paisley print bikini panties. A gold post-type ring was in her right ear. No shoes or socks (never recovered). The victim was approximately 10 weeks pregnant at the time of her death. (Refer to figures 3 and 4 and NamUs database, case report number UP9970.)

This is horrible, had somehow assumed that Ms McCall was just in the early stages of pregnancy and that the perp was unaware of her condition, it would seem that he was very aware, imo, speculation. rbbm.
May 9 2020
‘Pervert from Hell’: Mom of pregnant woman allegedly killed in 1991 by Iowa trucker speaks out
''Marsha Lyell still remembers the day in March 1991, when she learned her daughter Pamela McCall had been found dead in Spring Hill.

She was seven months pregnant when he killed her,” Lyell explained. “He set her up after he killed her on a little knoll. He was proud of what he did.”

The family lived in Virginia, but Lyell said McCall was known to hitchhike.

“No matter where she was, every day she’d call me and she’d say ‘hey mom, somebody loves you. It’s me.’ I haven’t gotten those calls no more,” Lyell said through tears.''

“Every time I went to her grave, I’ve always asked God, why,” she explained. “Please God, let me find her killer, so I can put her to rest.”

“I thank God so he can’t kill no more. He’s done a lot to a lot of families,” Lyell said.

She added, “He’s nothing. He’s a pervert from Hell. He’s just like the Devil. I don’t know how many women he killed, but all these years, I said once they’ve killed, they don’t stop.”

I read an article that said he was in Maury County - 22nd Judicial District. Anyone find a link to this??

TIA if you do! :)
@Niner Here’s a link but they don’t have case information online. Their criminal appellate Courts do but not the lower courts that I could find.

Circuit Court | Maury County, TN

Last edited:
Suspected Iowa serial killer extradited to Tennessee, awaits initial court appearance

May 22, 2020

Clark Perry Baldwin — an Iowa man that has been charged in the killings of three women in Wyoming and Tennessee in the 1990s, including two who were pregnant — has been extradited from Iowa to Tennessee where he will make an initial court appearance in the state early June.''

''Baldwin's initial court appearance in Tennessee is on June 1 at 8:30 a.m. at the circuit courts of the Maury County Court House, MCSO deputies confirmed. He is being held in Maury County Jail with a $1 million dollar bond.''

Not sure IF he will have that initial court appearance on 6/1, as this article says next hearing is 9/8. And he had an arraignment hearing last Thursday, 5/28.

Man charged with 1991 Spring Hill murder arraigned in Maury County

Clark Perry Baldwin, the Iowa man charged with the 1991 murder of a woman and her unborn baby in Spring Hill was arraigned in Maury County’s criminal circuit court Thursday afternoon.
[.....]
During the arraignment, Judge David Allen assigned a court appointed attorney to Baldwin’s case and set a settlement date for Sept. 8, 2020, Court Clerk Sandy McLain told The Daily Herald.

Baldwin remains held in the Maury County Jail on a $1 million bond.
[.....]
He is also being considered as a potential person of interest for cold cases in Mississippi, Texas and Kansas.

Monday, June 1st:
*Initial Appearance Hearing (@ 8:30am ET) - TN – Pamela Rose Aldridge McCall (32) & her unborn child (24 wks.) (discovered March 10, 1991, approximately 100 feet from the Saturn Parkway, west of Interstate 65 (I65), in Spring Hill, TN.) - *Clark Perry Baldwin (30 @ time of crime/58) arrested & charged (5/6/20) & arraigned (5/28/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder. Held on $1M bond.
On 03/10/1991, 03/01/1992, and 04/13/1992, three female bodies were found along the Interstate Highways in Tennessee (TN) & Wyoming (WY), which have been linked to an unidentified white male DNA profile. Sheridan County Jane Doe & Bitter Creek Betty has also been linked via DNA to the murder of McCall.
Information on Pamela McCall reference post #7 here:
TN - Pamela McCall, 33, Spring Hill, pregnant and strangled, 10 May 1991

5/6/20 Update: Baldwin was arrested at his Iowa home. He will be expedited to Tennessee. He was also charged with two murders in Wyoming and will face those charges after those in Tennessee are resolved. Extradition hearing on 5/7.
5/7/20 Update: Extradition hearing on 5/7. Asks to talk with public defender & then waives extradition hearing. No other court dates available. Will be extradited to TN. 5/15/20 Update: Authorities moved Baldwin on Friday from the Black Hawk County Jail in Waterloo to the Maury County Jail in Columbia, Tenn. Being held on $1M bond. Initial appearance in TN is set for 6/1/20.
5/28/20 Update: Arraignment held. During the arraignment, Judge David Allen assigned a court appointed attorney to Baldwin’s case and set a settlement date for Sept. 8, 2020.

Also – WY – Bitter Creek Betty (~24-32) (found March 1, 1992, off the westbound lane of Interstate 80 (I80), along the bottom of a slope, at the rest area known as “Bitter Creek”, 40 miles east of Rock Springs, WY. Sweetwater County). *Clark Perry Baldwin (30 @ time of crime/58) arrested & charged (5/6/20) with 1 count of 1st degree murder. Warrant has not been served yet. Will proceed after Tennessee charges are resolved.
Information on Bitter Creek Betty reference post #7 here:

Also – WY - I-90 Jane Doe (~16-21) (found April 13, 1992, was found near mile post 5 on the west side of Interstate 90 in Sheridan County, WY) - *Clark Perry Baldwin (30 @ time of crime/58) arrested & charged (5/6/20 with 1 count of 1st degree murder. Warrant has not been served yet. Will proceed after Tennessee charges are resolved.
Information on I90 Jane Doe reference post #7 here:

MO - Gloria Jean Barnes (36) (last seen 7/10/97, found 7/13/97, Springfield).
5/11/20: Being investigated: On 7/13/97: The old crime scene is at west Chestnut Expressway, near I-44. That's where Gloria Jean Barnes' body was found in 1997, but her killer never was. New DNA evidence, investigators say, links Clark Perry Baldwin, 58, of Waterloo, Iowa, to at least three murders. Ali Kahn thinks it's at least four, including Gloria Jean Barnes. Her body was dumped behind his restaurant before it was his in 1997. At the time, it was a restaurant and truck stop called Seven Gables.
Gloria Jean Barnes | Springfield, MO - Official Website

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back