TN - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr, 39, Memphis, 4 April 1968

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by close_enough, Jan 21, 2008.

1. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

2. Loading...

3. philamena

philamena Former Member

Excellent article close, thank you.

4. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

tyvm for sharing!

5. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

yall are very welcome:)

....i thought it was a very good read, myself....

6. mic730

mic730 Former Member

What a wonderful read!
    This part really makes me think:
    "I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

7. Richard

Richard New Member

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Although technically not a "Cold Case" because it was solved many years ago, and James Earl Ray convicted of murder, there will always be questions about the circumstances surrounding the assassination and subsequent investigations and trials.

Thought I would start this thread to invite comments, facts, opinions, and memories of that event which occurred on 4 April, 1968.

8. Richard

Richard New Member

Well it has been two and a half years since I started this thread and there have been no comments and only 140 views since that time. Guess I struck out on this one.

Even though James Earl Ray was eventually caught and convicted, there have always been some disturbing contradictions and unanswered questions about it.

9. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

We are haunted by the '60s because they are as ghosts in the American night, never to be stilled until justice is done.

Sirhan's bullet did not kill RFK, and James Earl Ray was every bit the patsy that Lee Harvey Oswald claimed to be.

Our national heart of darkness is a place where the actual assassins went free.

10. liz b.

liz b. Active Member

Richard,
    I have always wondered about James Earl Ray's travels following the murder... And the idea that a petty criminal like Ray would do this killing just never did sit right...IMO Kind of strange the way MLK's brother died.Drowned in the pool at his house. Was supposedly a strong swimmer though..MOO

All JMO

11. Richard

Richard New Member

Bumping this thread up. This year marked the 45 year anniversary of Martin Luther King's murder.