Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

Agree those records are potentially important, especially IF he was headed somewhere besides the hotel OR got bad directions to the hotel because of search confusion over "Tempo."

Early on and in several interviews since, the family spokesperson has said they were able to find out RS's phone wasn't low on battery. How would they know that without having the phone? (& having it in working order) Would the carrier have been able to tell them that?
MOO
Life360 maybe? It tells battery life. My college daughter has it on her phone still.

I wonder more about his mental state. Was he really happy and in a good place mentally? Was he on any medication for depression, etc. Is there any prescription medication he may have taken that counteracted with the alcohol he was drinking? Many guys hide their emotions and won't even tell their parents or friends if they've been diagnosed with a mental disorder as they don't want to appear weak. I just bring this up since there was no bodily injuries found on his body in the autopsy which rules out foul play and it also rules out many accident scenarios too! If he did fall wouldn't there be some sort of injury from a part of his body hitting the bed rocks or something? Is it at all possible that he decided to take his own life by drowning? He was an experienced swimmer as the family friend has said in interviews but could he have held his breath underwater until he passed out without the normal reaction to get air back into your lungs as quick as possible because he has trained himself to stay under water for longer periods, and that's that? Can an experienced swimmer who killed themselves by drowning experience a 'dry drowning'? Sorry if this offends anyone by suggesting it. I really don't know what happened. Just trying to make sense of it all.

There's a lot of video of him and he seems cheerful enough. However, something happens to Riley on video we can't forget, he hit his head. Obviously, not enough to cause injury that would show in his autopsy, but that coupled with things he ingested could have really impaired his thinking process. I mean, i don't know that, but i just think it's worth considering.

I can't find a rational explanation for going to the river, i really can't. Seeing it is usually people's clue that they have gone too far (especially on foot). So, people usually turn around and go back the way they came. There's not like there's some fun little dock to explore or anything like that.

I just keep coming back to maybe he was trying to go somewhere (not his hotel). It either had to be someplace he heard about and wasn't sure where it was (which it might not even be there anymore, maps are not always up to date). Or he was trying to meet a person that he had never communicated with via phone/text. That sounds super unlikely these days, so idk about that.

I don't think we are ever going to find a logical reason for this unless the police release a bunch of new clues. (ETA: i don't really expect that to happen, but i am just saying it would be more information.)

ETA 2: i was just thinking about Riverfront Park. Okay, it's really just this nice little area where you can look at the river and kind of hang out. But, if there's not an event going on there (he passes it in the video, there's nothing going on there), it might not look like much to someone from out of town at night. So, maybe he was looking for it? And didn't realize he found it? It's perfectly safe from a drowning standpoint: you have a nice view of the river, but you're really not that close to it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back