Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

GUILTY TN - Roland Burgdorf, 70, Faribault, 20 May 2004

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Doyle, May 25, 2004.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

The prime suspect in the disappearance of a retired Faribault, Minn., teacher and principal was arrested late Saturday in Montana, police said.

Sgt. Richard Watkins of the Faribault Police Department said a 34-year-old man taken into custody in Billings, Mont., was driving a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am registered to the missing man, Roland Burgdorf, after the suspect was involved in an accident about 11 p.m. Twin Cities time. The suspect ran away, but was arrested by Billings police a short time later, Watkins said.

The search for Burgdorf, 70, continued Sunday. He has not been seen since Thursday. No charges have been filed, but foul play is suspected, Watkins said
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4791750.html

2. Jerry Clark

Jerry Clark Inactive

I was an acquaintant of Roland Burgdorf. He stayed at my house while transporting some people to meetings in the Twin Cities. Roland had a big heart and this may be what got him in trouble. If anyone knows anything about Roland's dissappearance, please let us know. There are very few people who knew Roland like I did. He was a quiet man who knew how to help someone who needed someone. We really want to know what happened to Roland and where he or his body is. We hope that we can find him and he is still alive. But we all will be satisfied if we can just discover where his body is.

3. WasBlind

WasBlind Former Member

God bless you, Jerry, and thanks for posting. If you need some help networking Roland's case, please contact me at the address in my signature, and/or my partner Kelly Jolkowski, mother of missing Jason of Nebraska and founder of www.projectjason.org and we'll get to work on his case right away.
    Kelly can be reached at Kelly.Jolkowski@projectjason.org

We can provide as many references as you or Roland's family may need, as well as referrals for places he needs to be listed, search and rescue units in your area, and emotional and spiritual support.
    Remember, y'all are not alone. There are many here to help you in the search, and long after he comes home.
    Praying for Roland, for answers and soon.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

4. WasBlind

WasBlind Former Member

Photo of Roland

More will be posted as it becomes available.

Prayers for Roland, and for you, Jerry. Thanks for all your help.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

5. AuntieKaren

AuntieKaren Former Member

How heartbreaking! What a sweet-looking man he is. I hope he is alive and, if not, I hope he is in the arms of Jesus.
    Karen

6. Camper

Camper New Member

that this kind soul is found. God help and protect us all from this kind of perpetrator.

7. WasBlind

WasBlind Former Member

Prayers of HOPE for Roland, Lanie

8. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

From http://www.crimenews2000.com/archives/05041805.htm

04/17/2005 09:45:33
    ROLAND BURGDORF (70) - retired principal missing; body found in a shallow grave
    Patrick M. Forrester (35) - being questioned
    FARIBAULT, Minnesota
    Missing man's body is found --(Minneapolis Star-Tribune)--A badly decomposed body discovered Friday in a shallow grave appears to be that of a retired principal from Faribault, Minn., who disappeared last May, Rice County Sheriff Richard Cook said Saturday.

Anyone know if the body was confirmed as Burgdorf's?

Hoppy

9. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From April 2011:

http://www.southernminn.com/faribau...cle_2bd396bd-af60-5e7e-9cbe-bb2bce4a1ce8.html