TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020 #2

A neighbor's observation about AQW's family:

BG, who has lived across the street from the Warner family for 56 years, said she remembered Mr. Warner and his brother playing football in the yard as children. The family worshiped at a Roman Catholic church a few miles away, Ms. G said.

“They were one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet,” she said. “They’ve always been a fine family.”

A Quiet Life, a Thunderous Death, and a Nightmare That Shook Nashville

Law enforcement, FBI, finds missing cats after Nashville bombing | wbir.com

Officials said that no other pets were known to be missing following the explosion on Christmas morning.

Video of owners being reunited with their pets:
https://twitter.com/MNPDNashville/status/1344766114698579969

ETA: One of the cat owners recorded a 45-second video of his apartment seemingly right after the blast and posted it on Twitter yesterday. He's heard calling the cat.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for posting this! Heartwarming and meant a lot to many of us.

Highly unlikely they used his nick name. LE has access to property records, motor vehicle tags and registration records all containing social security, DOB and legal name.

The only conviction AW had was in the 1970s for pot. Coming from the 70s myself, its not unusual. He was a law abiding citizen, owned property, paid taxes, had numerous vehicles, had a job..... until the bomb.

No, they had the right records, and nothing but a GFs word, "he said, he was making bombs". The attorney made clear, the GF, nor he saw no physical evidence.

Without evident, judges will not sign off on search warrants, Search warrants must meet a set of guidelines and this situation, did not. So unfortunate.

All...moo
I can understand why they may not have been able to get a search warrant. What I can’t understand is why they didn’t they didn’t keep trying to reach him until they could at least have a face to face conversation with him. Maybe he would have refused to say anything, but we’ll never know.

Brad Paisley gifts a new guitar to a Nashville explosion survivor... who lost his home | Daily Mail Online

This is about the missing cat owner, also a musician.

37496684-9105083-Reunited_While_McCoy_is_mourning_the_loss_of_his_apartment_and_m-a-1_1609533240546.jpg

Councilor Bob Mendes took to Twitter on Thursday and explained that they would "answer hard questions about the August 2019 police report." In his blog, he also called the investigation "a failure."
To read Mendes' full blog post, click here.

Fraternal Order of Police, which represents the Metro Police, responded to the comments and accused Mendes of engaging in "public theatre."
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11eb-8c06-b345cb333409/5fef7db4a180c.pdf.pdf

Metro Councilor critical of 2019 police report on Nashville bomber, FOP responds

"We have some money that we have collected. If someone deserves it, we are happy to pay it out," said Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation CEO Butch Spyridon.

One potential recipient could be the bomber's girlfriend. NewsChannel 5 Investigates discovered, she actually reached out to Metro Nashville Police last year to report that Anthony Warner was making bombs inside his home. .

Spyridon says he's waiting to hear back from investigators about where the money should go. "We’re going to take our direction from Metro PD or the FBI," said Spyridon.

"If the FBI or police do not direct us to somebody, then we will take the money that was raised and we will donate it to victims that were directly impacted," he said.
It's still unclear who will receive the $300,000+ in the Christmas Day bomb reward money

I can understand why they may not have been able to get a search warrant. What I can’t understand is why they didn’t they didn’t keep trying to reach him until they could at least have a face to face conversation with him. Maybe he would have refused to say anything, but we’ll never know.
MOO....per an article up thread (from LE), the attorney said ....he was capable of building a bomb, but he didn't think he was building one.. Added to a mentally unstable GF with 2 guns threatening to shoot AW, AW had a perfectly clean record except for a pot charge in the 70s, worked, owned a home, multiple cars, he just didn't match the story the GF was expressing.

After listening to the VM, her attorney played, GF sounds unstable, paranoid, and threatening to shoot AW. MOO...I think GF threatening AW 8s the reason her attorney contacted LE originally.

I'm someone who believes in freedom. I think it should be VERY hard for LE to bother people and they should be under great scrutiny.
You can look at these cases and correctly say if the police could just search anyone's home without a strong reason to believe a serious crime is being committed, we would be safer. If we did that, it would make it easier for people in the government to use those powers for personal gain, to get back at someone who did them wrong, or just to snoop. It's hard, esp when the crimes are against children, but I agree we can't let people in the government have power to search people's stuff based on thin evidence, not without a some open process that specifies exactly what needs to be searched and why.

A thermobaric weapon, also known as a vacuum bomb, is a type of explosive that uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion.

Williams insisted that FBI investigators have “never seen an improvised thermobaric device before” in the US “or any country”, among the bombing attacks launched by IED-makers throughout the world.

“The reason is, it’s very difficult to get the timing down to get an optimum mixture of air and a liquefied carbonaceous fuel such as propane, methane, acetylene or natural gas. He [Warner] couldn’t have done it the first time and made it work. There had to be a test area,” Williams argued.

His theory is partly based on the pattern of destruction as well as the videos of the Nashville blast which show a yellow-orange fireball and very little smoke from the bomb itself, which suggests that the explosion was rather efficient.
Nashville Bomber Could've Used Rare Vacuum Device to Stage Explosion, FBI Experts Claim

Former FBI special agent warns against conspiracy theories a week after Nashville bombing | WKRN News 2

A thermobaric weapon, also known as a vacuum bomb, is a type of explosive that uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion.

Williams insisted that FBI investigators have “never seen an improvised thermobaric device before” in the US “or any country”, among the bombing attacks launched by IED-makers throughout the world.

“The reason is, it’s very difficult to get the timing down to get an optimum mixture of air and a liquefied carbonaceous fuel such as propane, methane, acetylene or natural gas. He [Warner] couldn’t have done it the first time and made it work. There had to be a test area,” Williams argued.

His theory is partly based on the pattern of destruction as well as the videos of the Nashville blast which show a yellow-orange fireball and very little smoke from the bomb itself, which suggests that the explosion was rather efficient.
Nashville Bomber Could've Used Rare Vacuum Device to Stage Explosion, FBI Experts Claim

Former FBI special agent warns against conspiracy theories a week after Nashville bombing | WKRN News 2

When I saw the close ups of the RV, it reminded me of several vehicle explosions of oxygen delivery vehicles, for the company I worked for. The 100% oxygen source permeates the air, prior to contact with heat source, then a very hot explosion, creating white fire ball, massive destruction. The "fire" is fed and follows the path of the oxygen enriched air. The results...only chastity of vehicle survive, force and oxygen creates major damages to
all surrounding buildings.

MOO....A fuel source, gas, oil, kerosene containers, plus a tank of 100% compressed oxygen (welders tank) and a heat source. Turn on the oxygen supply, saturate the air, then a flick of a lighter and boom. I think we will find the bomb was simple.

Edited to add.....photos of damage from one "small" oxygen tank, note the distance the tank traveled from the force.

eLCOSH : Liquid Oxygen Cylinder Explosion

Last edited:
"We have some money that we have collected. If someone deserves it, we are happy to pay it out," said Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation CEO Butch Spyridon.

One potential recipient could be the bomber's girlfriend. NewsChannel 5 Investigates discovered, she actually reached out to Metro Nashville Police last year to report that Anthony Warner was making bombs inside his home. .

Spyridon says he's waiting to hear back from investigators about where the money should go. "We’re going to take our direction from Metro PD or the FBI," said Spyridon.

"If the FBI or police do not direct us to somebody, then we will take the money that was raised and we will donate it to victims that were directly impacted," he said.
It's still unclear who will receive the $300,000+ in the Christmas Day bomb reward money

I feel sorry for his former girlfriend. It sounds like she was in an abusive relationship and finally broke it off after learning of his bomb building activities.

JMO, she deserve a reward.

"Drake said that Warner's life was "spiraling out of control," according to Council Member Bob Mendes, who was on the call.

"Chief Drake indicated that Warner's life was spiraling out of control and that Warner was around (I think Drake said) 'crack heads and drug addicts' while his life was spiraling. There were apparently problems with family members," Mendes shared on Twitter.
He later confirmed to the Tennessean that those were the words Drake used to describe Warner's alleged recent companions.

Council Member Freddie O'Connell reported Metro Nashville Fire Department Chief William Swann confirmed cadaver dogs detected human remains in buildings at risk of collapse."
Nashville bombing: Bomber's life was 'spiraling out of control'

Sad there's a possibility of human remains in unsafe structures. Could those possibly be fragments of the bomber? If everyone is accounted for, I wonder if it could have been some homeless looking for warmth.

Nashville bomber's bizarre writings reveal belief in aliens and lizard people

Apparently the bomber sent packages to various people a few days before he blew himself up on Christmas Day. He signed the letters with Julio, the name he often used in correspondence. That was also his dog's name.

The package, which contained at least nine typed pages and two Samsung thumb drives, was immediately turned over to the FBI.

The letters are summarized in the article, listing numerous conspiracy theories AQW believed in, but there's no mention of AT&T.

His beliefs:
  • moon landing conspiracy
  • 9-11 conspiracy
  • alien attack in September 2011
  • lizard people
His quotes:

"Everything is an illusion" and "there is no such thing as death."

Last edited:
Nashville bomber's bizarre writings reveal belief in aliens and lizard people

Apparently the bomber sent packages to various people a few days before he blew himself up on Christmas Day. He signed the letters with Julio, the name he often used in correspondence. That was also his dog's name.

The package, which contained at least nine typed pages and two Samsung thumb drives, was immediately turned over to the FBI.
Great find indicolite22! Well, we now know where 'Julio' came from and the 'woof! woof!'

Last edited:
Great find indicolite22! Well, we now know where 'Julio' came from and the 'woof! woof!'
His dog's name was also my guess several posts ago. This guy was even kookier than expected.

It's interesting that his neighbors and his employer didn't know about his obsession with conspiracies. I wonder if the lady that was gifted two houses knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back