TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Dallas Volunteer, Dec 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020

2. dshay

dshay Active Member

I'm an electronics technician by trade.

After hearing that a warning was playing from the RV before it went off, I knew the person that did this had at the least at 2 year tech degree level in electronics.

<modsnip>

3. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

Exactly and especially when you add in the time of the explosion. If they wanted to cause mass casualties, they had much better opportunities the day before.

For some reason, I think the AT&T building was the target. The question now is, if it was the intended target, why was it the intended target? AT&T internet and phone service is now disrupted along with 911 service. Was it intended to do that in preparation for something bigger?

4. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

So so glad to hear they’re getting closer to knowing.

I keep thinking that without a message or manifesto that they were not done, that it was a test for a different city in the future.

still really sketched out it took out all AT&T phones, 911 and airport communication, made it seem like a much bigger goal in mind later.
    moo

5. nugzter

nugzter Active Member

What stands out to me is the complexity of the attack. To make an explosive for one, takes a lot of knowledge and logistics. To transport the explosive means the individual(s) was sure enough that it would not detonate prematurely. The selection of the target either means the person(s) is a local with extensive knowledge of the area or it was scouted out in advance. The functionality of the "Warning" message is not something everyone can do. Is it something a loner could pull off without raising suspicion? Possible. But not likely. Normally loner type Bombers start off small and build up. A group of 2 or more are most likely capable to pull this off. Motive, remains to be seen. But for sure, one part of the motive is to "terrorize" the public. Lets not be fooled just because he had a "warning", that this is not a terrorist event. This is not a Robin Hood bomber. My bet is it is either some sort of Cult based attack or a politically motivated attack. Or both. If the AT&T building was the target, why? What symbolism would that carry for the attacker(s)?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  6. Cora

Cora Well-Known Member

AQW sold his property on Nov 25, 2020 to a person from Los Angeles, CA by Quit Claim deed for $0.00. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2020
    nao, Tiff23fr, gitana1 and 6 others like this.
  7. dshay

dshay Active Member

There's a Millerite religious offshoot that had a prophet, Ellen G White who had visions that the end of the world would be sparked by a white flash from above (meteorite) hitting Nashville.

You also have 5G conspiracies that are very popular among some at the moment. I think there might be a convergence of those two here.

The person that did this would have understanding of programming timing sequences with more than one digital output, electronics automation technical specialty.

8. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

This reminds me of the guy who flew a plane into the IRS building.

What do we call these domestic terrorists, Boomer Doomers?

9. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey folks,

Initials only until such time as LE makes any official announcements. Just because the media has jumped the gun, let's not follow their lead on this one.

Thanks !!

10. CocoChanel

CBS News: Person-of-interest identified in Nashville bombing
    ....this quote appears:

11. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

Well, that narrows it down. The FBI is currently reviewing "frequent complainers" of ATT service.

12. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

I can’t help but wonder how many pets didn’t make it out of those apartments. My cats would hide if there was loud gunfire and other noises. Plus, some owners may not have been at home to evacuate their animals.

13. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

I hate to say it...but that's a strong possibility until evidence emerges to the contrary.

14. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

The man who took that dramatic video from his apartment and got out, said he wanted to go back and get his cat, but wasn't allowed to. Made me sad......

15. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Oh, no!

I would have snuck back in, I think. Or tried.

16. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Those preliminary gunshots and the fact that shells were found, and the delay in the countdown has made me wonder if the shooter/perp was inside the van.

17. Anance

Anance Well-Known Member

1. Definitely didn't want to hurt anyone.
    2. Definitely wanted to take down something they blame for their current problems.
    3. Definitely local and know the area.

I heard that RVs with "too much propane" can explode, which is supposedly why they aren't allowed in NYC tunnels. No idea if this true.

18. Sillybilly

Thread is closed for review and cleanup.

For all we know, until LE releases information, the named individual could be a victim. We JUST DON'T KNOW YET.

Won't take long so check back shortly.

19. CocoChanel

20. Sillybilly

As <initials retracted> name has not been attributed to a named LE source, it seems LE has chosen NOT to officially release a name for whatever reason. Websleuths will abide by that "whatever reason". It could be they don't want to show their hand in the event others are involved.

Douglas Korneski, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Memphis field office, said 250 agents, analysts and FBI staff working the case are making progress in the search for the person or people responsible for planting a bomb in a recreational vehicle that exploded along a mostly deserted street. Three people were injured.

The RV could have been visiting, could have been borrowed, etc. Thinking back to the Boston Marathon bombing where a person's image was picked out of a crowd and next thing that person's name, image and all related info was being broadcast throughout the land. Wrong person !!

Please discuss this responsibly and wait until information is officially released by a named, official LE spokesperson.

Thanks.

Thread is open again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.