TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my HO here, but I wouldn't read too much into the cancer bit. In (apparent) cover of getting rid of all his possessions, he seemed to tell lots of different people lots of different things: that he had a cancer diagnosis, that he was retiring, that he was going camping with the dogs, etc.

All of these excuses seem like another way of saying "I won't be around for too much longer owing to my plan to kill myself with this bomb I've been working on for months, and here's a cover for why that is...."

IMO, I think he was telling the truth with all those statements. Whether he really had cancer, we'll never know, but it's possible he didn't intend to die in that camper van. It's possible that the pets he referred to were already dead from natural causes, buried in the woods near his home. Maybe his intent was to leave the van and commit suicide where his pets were buried.

IMO, I think he was telling the truth with all those statements. Whether he really had cancer, we'll never know, but it's possible he didn't intend to die in that camper van. It's possible that the pets he referred to were already dead from natural causes, buried in the woods near his home. Maybe his intent was to leave the van and commit suicide where his pets were buried.
Canine DNA was found at the blast site. I'm sure had a chance to leave the RV before the explosion, but chose not to. His death was likely instantaneous.

Not usually one to open a can of worms, imho, but do you see any facial resemblance between AQW and MS? Particularly the published 1974 yearbook picture? Structure of the nose, mouth, eyes?

JMHO ymmv lrr

I noticed, and the mother, as well.

Hum.....
Younger Brother dies Sept 2019
AQW inherits/transfers home from brother to himself
Jan 2019 house transferred to MS
Mother tries to overturn transfer, then abruptly stops legal proceedings

MOO....AW is not the direct link to MS, but the messenger.

Suspected Nashville Suicide Bomber Reportedly Deeded Homes to an L.A. Entertainment Exec

didn't his brother die of cancer a few years ago?

I think it's more likely neighbor dude is just making **** up to get his 15 minutes. :)

I don't know, it has been documented that many people who are depressed and miserable who decide to commit suicide become suddenly normal and upbeat because they've made up their minds and know their misery is going to end. The same thing could have been happening with AQW.

That’s true. The tip that he was building bombs in his RV was reportedly called in back in 2019. That seems like a long time to be building a bomb. Or is it typical preparation time for bomb-building? How much time did the OK City and Boston bombers spend preparing those explosives?
Perhaps he was experimenting w/different configurations, setting off explosions in the middle of no-where and that’s what prompted the first tipster to call.

And you’re right. If he’d been planning an explosion for more than a year it’s highly unlikely he was driven by personal despair and a desire to end it all. It was a purpose-driven act designed (at least in part) to make a point and achieve notoriety. Because of that I expect a letter or manifesto will turn up — he would want his message and identity to be known so he’d be recognized for his “accomplishment“.

How in the world could he have thought he’d be heralded as some kind of hero? And as someone else said earlier, if “dude’s building bombs in his RV” isn’t an actionable tip, what on Earth is?

Has any report been released on how LE dealt with that original tip of him building bombs? I wonder if it coincided with MS QCing the first home he gave her back to AQW's mom.

The art that accompanies this story is offensive to many decent people and LE officers. I also fail to see what his habits/opinions were 40 years ago have to do with his actions last week. Maybe he did go thru life resenting authority but I don’t see pot advocacy as some precursor to committing an act like this. This is diving deep in search of a motive.

I agree, it's totally irrelevant to who he was today. Every other man in the early 70s had long hair and a droopy mustache.

I don't see any artwork that accompanies this article.

According to neighbors, they (the pets) were indeed already dead.

(EDITED TO ADD: Except maybe not all of them, per a CBS News article. Granted, the dog DNA might not have been AW's dog, but it seems likely).

Last edited:
Not to be too morbid, but perhaps he brought his dog's bodies into the van before he blew it up. That could explain the dog DNA.

(((EDITED TO ADD: Found the bit about canine DNA)))

Where has anyone seen anything about dog DNA? I haven't seen anything definitive about that. (That said, as pet owners know, if a person has pets, pet DNA is everywhere, even if the pets died some time ago.)

Not usually one to open a can of worms, imho, but do you see any facial resemblance between AQW and MS? Particularly the published 1974 yearbook picture? Structure of the nose, mouth, eyes?

JMHO ymmv lrr
If her mother is being truthful and she hadn’t seen AQW in 40 years he can’t be MS’s father. But might she be his niece? The first house he QC’d was his brothers. Quit Claiming it to her would actually make sense if it belonged to her father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam