Found Deceased TN - Sarah Vinick, 26, got into unknown pickup truck, Cordova, 5 Nov 2019 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Nov 11, 2019.

1. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

People do drugs for all kinds of reasons, but the biggest one I've seen is to cope with life when they can't figure out any other way. My dad is currently dying due to his alcoholism all because his lifelong anxiety has gone untreated. So, why not self-medicate?
    I understand it from that point very well.
    Of course there's those who just think it's "fun"

2. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Meh. Judgmental attitudes like this are one of the reasons so many people who are struggling with addiction live in shame instead of seeking help. The “kind of people” who do hard drugs range from seemingly normal teens to suburban soccer moms, and everything in between. No one WANTS to be addicted to hard drugs.

3. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

Living in shame is one thing but allowing others to die from overdoses out of fear of legal repercussions from having done the drugs with them is a killer we see time and time again. In a lot of cases I do believe victims are long dead by the time the witness recovers enough to be culpable (though we can't say for sure even in those cases since proper forensics can't be done) but in this case I think Sarah probably has a chance to be resuscitated as I believe the part about witness frantically driving her to a hospital but that's the point where it starts seeming fabricated. I think he, while intoxicated, made a judgement call that she was beyond help somewhere along the way and constructed the rest of the story.

People should be able to drop others off at emergency rooms and to then record a statement with assurance of anonymity.

4. bears10

the person I was replying to was criticizing drug users in general from what I understood. Sarah was a drug user, so I found it a little insensitive and out of touch.

I don’t disagree with you, but my previous comment was in no way intended to imply that it’s okay to leave someone for dead if they are overdosing under any circumstances. The exact opposite actually. In April, my sister died of an overdose. There was narcan in the house, but her husband didn’t administer it because he was scared of getting in trouble and getting the kids taken away. As if her dying in the kitchen was going to make him look much better? So believe me, I will never excuse anyone for leaving someone for dead out of fear of getting in trouble. Unfortunately, people in general tend to panic in these situations. Then add drugs into the mix, and all judgement and rationale tends to go out the window.

5. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

Oh, I had several heated arguments last year on multiple topics with that particular user you were replying to but they don't seem to post anymore, I think to the benefit of the board as a whole. I was just jumping off your post to make a point I regularly try to make in threads on these types of cases.

I wish that people would just take the ODing person's phone, walk or drive one minute away, call 911 and tell them there's an OD at such and such location.

Baciagalupo, SUNchips, HelenM and 2 others like this.
  6. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

Yeah, these people weren't that nice.
    The only guy charged, who bailed out, isn't even charged with desecration of a corpse, he was charged with tampering with evidence, it was quoted by the sheriff in my previous link upthread that her body is the evidence he tampered with.
    "Smith is charged with placing Vinick's body (evidence) at the bridge, Dickerson said."
    What the?
    I can't find anything about his case, maybe his charges were dropped?

Body found on creek bank ID’d
    Based upon facts at the scene and confidential information, Dickerson said, Vinick’s body may have been lowered from the Coldwater Creek bridge and into the water with aid of a rope or possibly a weed-eater cord.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    HelenM and Marg from Oz like this.
  7. kelsie

people need to start carrying narcan on them.

HelenM and Marg from Oz like this.
  8. HelenM

HelenM Well-Known Member

Hi kelsie, sorry your dad is not well.
    Sending you both love and a hug.

MimosaMornings and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. chimpface

chimpface Well-Known Member

So is the guy arrested the one who came forward to the press anonymously? Sure sounds like it.

HelenM, kelsie and Marg from Oz like this.
  10. bears10

this whole thing is confusing to me. I guess maybe bc it’s been a while and the case isn’t fresh in my mind, idk.

HelenM, kelsie and Marg from Oz like this.
  11. kelsie

thank you. he passed away 2 days ago. having a very hard time.

HelenM, bears10, Unsolved and 3 others like this.
  12. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

@kelsie and @bears10, I am so sorry for the losses of your loved ones to the pernicious disease of addiction. Your insights on this thread (and many others) have been incredibly informative and always remind us to remember the victims’ humanity rather than depersonalizing them as it’s often too easy to do. Keeping you both in my thoughts.

HelenM, bears10 and Marg from Oz like this.
  13. HelenM

HelenM Well-Known Member

Kelsie i'm so sorry to hear that. Please know that i'm trying my best to reach through websleuths with my long arms to give you a big hug.
    Sending love and condolences ❤

MajorHoople, bears10 and Marg from Oz like this.