TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I cannot live the moment before it happens anymore than I can step into the same river twice; and I cannot know that there is nothing of value to me in the writings of a moron or a philosopher unless I have read them and I cannot say there is nothing of value to anyone else, even after I have read them, because I am not anyone else. If the manifesto is published, I may read it, I may not, but I would like the choice to be mine. jmo
Hi Walela, you will have the choice.

Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale’s manifesto is set to be released to the public after the FBI and its highly skilled team of criminal profilers analyze its contents, a Nashville City Council member revealed to The Post.

“The manifesto is going to be released. It’s just a matter of when."

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the manifestos are bullcrap. They probably don't mean anything and are shocking for the sake of being shocking.

This person wanted attention and committed this awful, evil crime for it. This person chose a location because this person wanted to hurt a lot of people. This person texted someone about the manifestos because this person wanted it released that there was one.

I'm not really sure how to word this right but the only positive thing in this situation (if there even is one), is that this didn't happen how this person wanted it to. I don't think this person was expecting LE to respond as quickly and efficiently as they did. I don't think this person expected the body cam footage to be released either. I'm not sure about all MSM everywhere, but, from the media I'm watching/reading, the focus of this crime is more on the heroic police officers, victims, and calling for change. So I hope LE doesn't release the manifestos because it's one less thing this person got, if that makes sense.

All of this is MOO.
"because it's one less thing this person got"
Yes, perfect sense.

Pastor walks back claim Audrey Hale was undergoing counseling with man whose daughter she killed​

Bachmann said he had since realized he was wrong.

“I understand that they were not counseling, actually,” Bachmann said.

“I think there’s just some confusion because she had, years earlier.

“But these last two days I’ve had several messages from an assortment of people that not only was there no counseling between those two, that he didn’t even know her,” Bachmann said.

Bachmann confirmed representatives from the Covenant, a private Christian school, had been in touch to tell him him he was wrong, and added he had been influenced by social media and the way he had percieved surveillance video of Hale released by the police.

He added since making the claims he had been contacted by various people who worked at the school who had assured him Scruggs was not counseling Hale.

Last edited:

Pastor walks back claim Audrey Hale was undergoing counseling with man whose daughter she killed​

“But these last two days I’ve had several messages from an assortment of people that not only was there no counseling between those two, that he didn’t even know her,” Bachmann said.

Bachmann confirmed representatives from the Covenant, a private Christian school, had been in touch to tell him him he was wrong, and added he had been influenced by social media and the way he had percieved surveillance video of Hale released by the police.

He added since making the claims he had been contacted by various people who worked at the school who had assured him Scruggs was not counseling Hale.

Personally I think Bachmann made a mess of this and I'm glad that his statements have been walked back. MOO

Autism? I had not heard that.

I agree with what you are saying. As humans, we are constantly trying to figure out a pattern of events so that we can better understand them and perhaps prevent them from occurring again. However, not everything is a pattern, and not every variable causes an event.
It's appeared in multiple articles, but it looks like the original source was someone speaking to The Daily Beast. Give it however much weight you like.

‘Quiet’ Ex-Student in Nashville Massacre Had a ‘Manifesto’

There is a tendency for people, especially in the media, to slap the word autism on anyone they see as socially awkward. I for one would like to see a more concrete source for this information.

MOO

He owes that family a public apology. It was totally inappropriate and had to have added to their emotional pain
The article says:

Bachmann said he reached out to Scruggs after the tragedy and he had texted him back saying “God is good.” Scruggs did not reach out to Bachmann following his interview.

"

BBM
That doesn't even make sense

It's appeared in multiple articles, but it looks like the original source was someone speaking to The Daily Beast. Give it however much weight you like.

There is a tendency for people, especially in the media, to slap the word autism on anyone they see as socially awkward. I for one would like to see a more concrete source for this information.

MOO

Agreed. Autism is completely separate from someone who has a personality disorder. People just don't understand what "Autism" is, or the spectrum.

"

BBM
I think he is just mixed up and made inaccurate assumptions by something he thought he knew or misremembered.

He clearly corrects himself:

Not only was there no counseling between those two, that he didn’t even know her,” Bachmann said.

MOO
It was a friend of her family who wished to remain anonymous, so I think it is from a credible source.

According to this article, those with gender dysphoria have a higher rate of autism:

Drake has said police have met with Hale’s parents and school officials and have yet to uncover any specific issues or problems in the attacker’s past.

“As of right now, we don’t have any indication there was any problems at the school or at home,” Drake told CNN on Wednesday. “We can’t confirm any type of problems at this time

Earlier on, Drake said that the shooter had a "resentment" toward the Covenant School.

He added to the turmoil of this poor family.
He certainly did. Added innuendo. Added more heartbreak. To a man who just saw his 9 year old slaughtered.

He also caused heartbreak to all of the other families who lost someone, as they try to piece together the "why". I'm sure they were all wondering if there was something to this. Ugh.

Who goes on TV show with innuendoes and rumors within 48 hours of the crime? A pastor? Really? Imho

"

BBM
Exactly. He's now contending this pastor who didn't know the perp previously provided counseling?

I completely understand the sentiment, but I also think that's exactly the kind of information that needs to come out and be understood, if we as a society ever hope to address the root issues that mass shooters are dealing with in their heads.

Who/what were her influences?
What websites did she visit every day?
What kind of messages were/are they promoting?
What sort of idealogy did she personally hold to?
Was childhood trauma involved?
(add a million more questions that only qualified mental health professionals would be able to list)

People don't just wake up one day and decide to kill innocent children. That's a process (shooting range a year ago), and there are loads of things that make up that process and those decisions, whether they make any sense to rational people or not. I mean, society is already constantly asking "why" these things happen so, if we really want to know, we need to look closer and ask the right questions.

jmo
You have listed good reasons to release it. I struggle with how the information will be used. As a nation, we already have a plethora of data in our hands about the motives of mass shooters. Will AH’s writings be the key to enlightment and change? If so, I am all for it.

I fear it will just end up dissected on 4Chan by wannabes.

jmo

This should all be fully investigated by LE.

Not sure whose word to take when members/leaders of the church are in disagreement or "making mistakes". Let LE sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77