TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former school headmaster Bill Campbell said that he remembered Hale as a third-grader in 2005 and fourth-grader in 2006, citing yearbooks he keeps.

“It’s just an absolute tragedy what’s happened by the former student and what she did to the teachers and students,” Campbell said.

Hale was not listed as a student in the annuals in the fifth or sixth grade, so Campbell said he believes Hale transferred after the fourth

“I’ve looked back in my annuals and I do remember her as a former student,” the former headmaster said. “She was just one of our young ladies. ... She was just a typical co-ed. A typical student.”

Campbell could not recall any issues Hale might have had at the time that could have raised red flags.

"I think about this student and our relationship at the time she was there, there was nothing extraordinary and unusual," the former school administrator said. "She was loved and appreciated like all of our students.”
So....she likely attended this school 18 years ago.

Former school headmaster Bill Campbell said that he remembered Hale as a third-grader in 2005 and fourth-grader in 2006, citing yearbooks he keeps.

“It’s just an absolute tragedy what’s happened by the former student and what she did to the teachers and students,” Campbell said.

Hale was not listed as a student in the annuals in the fifth or sixth grade, so Campbell said he believes Hale transferred after the fourth

“I’ve looked back in my annuals and I do remember her as a former student,” the former headmaster said. “She was just one of our young ladies. ... She was just a typical co-ed. A typical student.”

Campbell could not recall any issues Hale might have had at the time that could have raised red flags.

"I think about this student and our relationship at the time she was there, there was nothing extraordinary and unusual," the former school administrator said. "She was loved and appreciated like all of our students.”
I see that the shooter has a younger sibling that seems to be 5 or so years younger. I wonder if 2 kids in the school was the point that the family moved them out of the private school? I can see how one student could be in the budget, but 2 kids in private school would double the costs and maybe a decision to move on was made? Just my opinion on possible reasons the shooter was not a student in 5th and 6th grades there.

You make a good point about public disclosure removing mystique.

I want to say that I intended no disrespect in my earlier post for anyone who wants to read the shooter’s writings.

I guess the truth is that I just can’t handle it. Like many here, I have school-age little ones, my grandkids, who live far away.… I can’t even bear to ask my own child if the kids are asking questions, or if they are afraid.

Maybe the kids don’t live in fear, as the news of school shootings have become a common occurrence to them anymore. Is there a general acceptance by school kids of this ‘new normal’?

If so, that really scares me.
My daughter works in a public school and is on their crisis response team. She knows all about shooting drills. Her son started kindergarten this year before she could open her mouth he had his first drill. She was devastated that she hadn’t warned him first. That SHE wasn’t warned. TALK to your Pre-schoolers. It’s real.

Last edited:
What is perplexing is if resentment is a motive, then that would mean something about the experience of attending that school was troubling to the shooter. If that is the case, then WHY would the target be kids that would be (in this shooters mind) enduring the same thing the shooter did as a student. Why wouldn't sympathy for those students be the thinking? Why would they be the targets?

I did see one of the child victims is the daughter of the pastor of the church at the school. Again though this pastor would not be the pastor at the time the shooter attended. Even the head of the school that was also a victim was not there when the shooter was.

I guess it's possible it was just random, but some of the victims being who they are, lead me to wonder if those victims were targeted at this school. :(

Suspect shot at police from 2nd story window, authorities say​

Tim Stelloh

The suspected shooter who killed three students and three staff members at a Tennessee Christian school Monday opened fire on police when they arrived at the building.

Pictures posted by the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department showed what appeared to be a police cruiser with a windshield that had been shattered by a bullet.

The suspect, Audrey Hale, 28, fired at authorities from a second-story window at The Covenant School, the department said.

A team of five officers entered campus at 10:13 a.m. and cleared the area, police officials said earlier Monday. By 10:27 a.m. the team had taken “the threat down,” Nashville Police Chief John Drake said.

What is perplexing is if resentment is a motive, then that would mean something about the experience of attending that school was troubling to the shooter. If that is the case, then WHY would the target be kids that would be (in this shooters mind) enduring the same thing the shooter did as a student. Why wouldn't sympathy for those students be the thinking? Why would they be the targets?

I did see one of the child victims is the daughter of the pastor of the church at the school. Again though this pastor would not be the pastor at the time the shooter attended. Even the head of the school that was also a victim was not there when the shooter was.

I guess it's possible it was just random, but some of the victims being who they are, lead me to wonder if those victims were targeted at this school. :(
IMO she resented her parents for sending her to this school. Maybe resented her parents for other things as well. IMO she didn't target particular students or staff, she targeted her parents and she killed these 6 poor, innocent victims to hurt her parents.

The mother of the Nashville school shooter who killed six peopleincluding three 9-year-olds – appeared to be a gun control activist who once urged friends on Facebook to sign a petition calling to keep firearms out of schools.

“So important!” Norma Hale wrote in a March 8, 2018 Facebook post as she shared the petition that stated “Keep Guns Out of School” that appeared to be from the Sandy Hook Promise Foundation.

Audrey must have been aware of her mom’s views so possibly this was a way of get back at mom if there was some resentment toward her family.

Mayor says officer video, security camera footage to be released​

Dennis Romero

Nashville Mayor John Cooper said video from officers' body cameras as well as from The Covenant School's security cameras could be released to the public as soon as Monday night.

"I suspect either tonight or tomorrow they’ll be releasing bodycam footage and maybe some footage from the school as they’re trying to establish the timeline," Cooper said on MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show.”

The mayor called Monday the city's "worst day."

"We’re a resilient city, but it's a shock to have to add our name to places where there have been mass killings of children," Cooper said.

This article says the shooter was a Trans Man and not a female?
She is a biological female identifying as a male. She uses the name Aiden and her linkd account uses he/they.

3/27/23

The shooter who attacked students and teachers at the Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, on Monday was identified by police as 28-year-old Audrey Hale, who law enforcement said may have once attended the school.

A website that appears to be associated with Hale indicates that Hale was a Nashville-based graphic designer and illustrator who created logos and branding to "help tell a company's story" and "bring a whimsical and light-hearted feel."

A police spokesperson told ABC News that Hale was assigned female at birth, and pointed to a social media account linked to Hale that included use of the pronouns he/him.

[..]

Hale graduated from Nashville's Nossi College of Art in 2022, according to a LinkedIn account that also appears to belong to Hale. A post on the school's Facebook that has since been removed indicated that Hale earned at least one award for strong academic performance.

The school would not confirm Hale's enrollment or graduation to ABC News, citing privacy laws.

"Aside from art, I enjoy binging on video games, watching movies, and playing sports," Hale wrote on a personal website. "There is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground. Animals are my second passion, so I also enjoy spending time with my two cats."

Hale's LinkedIn account also lists work as a part-time grocery shopper with the food delivery service Shipt and mentions past employment as a cat sitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288