TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
School shootings...good grief.....
At times, I don't know whether to cry or get angry...or both!
Those little children and faculty members...be at peace.
To the families, I pray you find strength.
THIS NONSENSE NEEDS TO STOP!

School shootings...good grief.....
At times, I don't know whether to cry or get angry...or both!
Those little children and faculty members...be at peace.
To the families, I pray you find strength.
THIS NONSENSE NEEDS TO STOP!

It'll stop when Americans decide to stop it. I wish I had answers or solutions but we are at a standstill.

Last edited by a moderator:

That is what this article is about being seen, the desire to be noticed and listened to…
Seems to me it's what the author wants. TRN did not know the shooter or their thought process/beliefs. MOO

From OP's quoted link:

TRN wrote they "do not claim to know the individual or have access to their inner thoughts and feelings" but they "do know that life for transgender people is very difficult, and made more difficult in the preceding months by a virtual avalanche of anti-trans legislation, and public callouts by Right Wing personalities and political figures for nothing less than the genocidal eradication of trans people from society."

I apologize if this has been shared, I had not seen it here. this article gives much more information, and shows how great the school did getting everyone locked down but knowing 2 children were missing. shows the officer from the moment they pulled up and the school official waiting and providing important information.

Another school shooting. Is it up to almost one a week now? There really isn't a perfect solution, because each situation is completely different from the other.

Stay safe. See something, say something.
I agree and I think we need to start a movement to provide awareness of this issues. I feel like there occurring daily now

I think some are confused by my comments. I've said I don't think she killed people out of hated/anger/jealousy like so many other school shootings.

It was reported she wrote a manifesto. So I think that the deaths were more or less collateral damage to her so she could get her message out.

Unless they release the manifesto we have absolutely no clue what her message was. It could be save the whales, population control, global warming. Who knows?

The last mass killer I remember with a manifesto was all about incels.

I don't understand why my thoughts on this violate any rules - there is abundant speculation on motive in this thread.

For someone with such a meticulous plan how exactly was Hale going to get out of the school in order to go on and kill family and mall shoppers? It makes no sense; surely he knew he'd never make it out of the school.

This plan of his, at least what we currently know about it, sounds almost like a child's fantasy (albeit a deadly one), not something that he successfully thought through. I wonder if Hale was aware of the flaws. MOO

BBM

AH describes herself as “child like” in the About page of her portfolio. Also noticing the Mickey Mouse top and hat, dog tags, Nike scuffs in the self portrait illustration of herself reminds me of how one of my pre-teens/teens would’ve dressed back in the early 2000’s.

~~~~~~~

‘On the "About" page, Hale is described as "a freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer who creates logos for businesses." Further down on the page, Hale states that "there is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground."

This sense of embracing childhood or wanting to stay in perpetually is echoed in a piece that can be found in the website's "Personal" collection of works. One of the pieces appears to be a photo from the point of view of a child, red sneakers visible in the air as if the viewer is seeing their point of view while on a swing. Above the photo is illustrated text reading "to be a kid (forever and ever)."
Audrey Hale art bio describes 'child like' part of personality

“Hello, my name is Audrey Hale. I am a freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer who creates logos for businesses. I primarily work with clients that desire a brand personality. I provide illustrations and designs that will help tell a company’s story. My illustrations usually bring a whimsical and light-hearted feel.”

Aside from art, I enjoy binging on video games, watching movies, and playing sports. There is a child-like part about me that loves to go run to the playground. Animals are my second passion, so I also enjoy spending time with my two cats. You can follow me on Instagram @creative.aiden’

Audrey Hale

Attachments

• 16825EEC-AEAF-4FC5-B309-32A806E1F66B.jpeg
    16825EEC-AEAF-4FC5-B309-32A806E1F66B.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This raises a question for me: why have police even called it 'a manifesto'?

Is it because that's what she wrote on top of it "My Manifesto"?

Why give it such a pretentious name? IMO, in reality it was a suicide note.

JMO
Agree.

I'd suspect the letter/manifesto left behind by this perp included similar things seen before...rantings about society, personal wrongs and slights, political stances, etc.

In her Instagram post to the friend (multiple links on this thread), the perp indicated all would be explained....so I suspect it's more than just maps.

Imho

Seems to me it's what the author wants. TRN did not know the shooter or their thought process/beliefs. MOO
Well said.

A lot of activists seem to use tragedies to pursue their own agendas. Hope their thinly disguised "not justified- but should of saw it coming" justification gets shut down fast.

Such call for violence need to be shut down.

It does not matter whether they come from Islamacists regarding say, the Pulse rampage, Neo Nazis in regards to the Pittsburg synagogue attack or left wing trans activists in regards to this rampage.

Fox should not of even reported it on it. All it does is spread flames and leads to a series of one upping proclamations.

Dallas mourners pray for Hallie's family at church where her dad served as associate pastor

Claire Cardona
DALLAS — A stream of people filed into Park Cities Presbyterian Church today to grieve and pray for the family of Hallie, whose father, Chad Scruggs, was the former associate pastor at the Texas church.

During the service, the community prayed for the families and friends of all the victims and the shooter.

Rebecca Lutz, who was at the service, said she’d seen the family when Scruggs was in town in February to speak at the church about prayer.

Lutz said Hallie was “precious,” and she was happy to have seen her earlier this year.

“Any way that we can just honor and lift them up and pray for them is just so important to all of us because we just loved him dearly and do love him dearly,” she said.

Scruggs spent five years at the church before leaving in 2018 for Nashville, according to the church spokesperson Shawn Davis. Scruggs and his wife, Jada, also have three sons.

Evelyn, 9, brightened up her neighborhood with lively theater performances, neighbor says

Deon J. Hampton
NASHVILLE — Evelyn was known for brightening up the neighborhood with her driveway Broadway-type performances.

“She was everything a 9-year-old should be. She was in and out of our house on a regular basis playing tag,” said next-door neighbor Nick Riegal, 45, whose two children often played with her.

There were often games of hangman and laughter coming from the back porch. And plenty of fun times during the days and evenings.

But it was the lively outdoor theater performances in which Evelyn and other neighborhood kids each chose a character from the Broadway hit “Hamilton” that Riegal said he will remember the most.

“They worked really hard on 'Hamilton,'” he said, adding that all of the children involved picked a character and learned 20 minutes of the popular theater show, honing their acting skills.

Who were the victims of The Covenant School shooting?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A 9-year-old known for brightening up the neighborhood with her Broadway-like performances in the driveway. A school custodian who loved students like they were his own kids. And a school leader who was determined to help every child, no matter what challenges they faced.

These were some of the victims of Monday’s rampage at The Covenant School in Nashville, where three students and three adults were killed.

I think some are confused by my comments. I've said I don't think she killed people out of hated/anger/jealousy like so many other school shootings.

It was reported she wrote a manifesto. So I think that the deaths were more or less collateral damage to her so she could get her message out.

Unless they release the manifesto we have absolutely no clue what her message was. It could be save the whales, population control, global warming. Who knows?

The last mass killer I remember with a manifesto was all about incels.

I don't understand why my thoughts on this violate any rules - there is abundant speculation on motive in this thread.
She could have published it herself. Why did she leave it to chance that it might not be released if it was so important to her?

So many of these shooters live in relative affluence, certainly with enough disposable income to purchase weapons. And a supportive family. Good grief, he was living at home, had a nice car, and plenty of opportunities, attended college.

Audrey may have had to change clothes each day to be "Aiden", somewhere else, but the solution for any young adult would have been to move out and live with roommates. Like everyone else in their 20's. Not write a manifesto and shoot up a school, to get attention for his horrible life.

She could have published it herself. Why did she leave it to chance that it might not be released if it was so important to her?
Hence the perp choosing a school and slaughtering children. Considering the attention paid to other school shooters, I'm sure this played into the site decision.

Killing the parents would not have provided that assurance.

IMHO

Those three children put on their uniforms and went to school yesterday morning. They had the whole world and were the whole world. Now they lay dead and we are discussing their killer's manifesto. I don't care about this manifesto of demented rationale, the injustices and whinings, real or perceived. These words have no place. I wish after police and family members read it, they can burn it to oblivion. It has no place in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288