TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, just catching up , I had a restless night as many others. What is on my mind is the locations of everyone in the building, I kept seeing that school employee sayin all the children were in lock down except for 2 they didn't know where they were. I am thinking those two were killed but the third was unaccounted for as well?
I am curious because I think this school did a tremendous job and I am very impressed. This whole thing was something like 15 minutes from the 911 call the shooter was down. Not only did the officers do an incredible job, the school staff did as well. So many more lives could have been lost.

So true.

No one started their day that morning expecting such an outcome, except for Audrey.

Of course for the victims and their families the tragedy is unspeakable. For the shooter’s family as well, who lost someone who used to be their beloved little girl.

For LE, I’m certain there is pain in having to kill a 28-year old person.

Obviously it had to be done and many lives were saved, and I’m in awe of how expeditiously the police handled it.

Quick action, total bravery, swift and sharp commands and clear communication.

”GO! “Next!” “I need three!” “Keep pushing!” “Shots fired!”
Racing upstairs and charging the shooter with no hesitation.

As soon as I saw one tap the other on the shoulder to let him know to enter a room, it was obvious these men were well-trained and meant business.

I was struck from the start when PO Englebert swiftly and calmly said “okay ma’am” to the teacher who was outside and explaining where the children were.

I thought it was Southern genteel manners in the face of danger, only to find out he was from Chicago.

I applaud these officers, all of them, and am grateful they leaned into their training.

Imo these officers acted genuinely and as you said, no one could’ve planned for this. The body cam footage showed us the realness of the situation.

It’s just a stark contrast to the shooter, who is seen on video acting like a video game character. How AH thought there would be a next target is beyond me…but of course very glad that didn’t happen. I appreciate being able to see the police videos after the gross hallway video.

EXCLUSIVE: Nashville mass school shooter Audrey Hale was rejected by her Christian parents who 'couldn't accept' she was gay and trans - as cops reveal she also planned to shoot relatives

• Audrey Hale's religious parents rejected that she was gay and transgender
Audrey Hale was at odds with her devout Christian parents because they 'couldn't accept' she was gay and transgender, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Church coordinator Norma, 61, and her husband Ronald, 64, refused to let Hale - who had recently adopted the name Aiden and used he/him pronouns - dress as a man in their home.

The 28-year-old loner would instead wait until she left their [...] Nashville property to change outfits, according to a well-placed source.

'You only see what you want to see. Their religion does not allow them to accept homosexuality,' the source told DailyMail.com.

'She was Audrey at home but when she left the house she changed clothes. They did know about it, they just didn't accept it.'

Neighbors in the tree-lined suburban street where the family lived for three decades said they were clueless about Hale's apparent transition and remembered her as a 'skater, tomboy type.'

'She introduced herself about a year and a half ago as Audrey,' said one.

'I treated her like a female and she didn't correct me. She seemed artistic, quiet, and well-mannered.'

Police now say Hale planned to carry out more attacks - including against her own family.

That article is pretty disgraceful imo. She was 28 and still living with her parents so how "rejected" was she really?

EXCLUSIVE: Nashville mass school shooter Audrey Hale was rejected by her Christian parents who 'couldn't accept' she was gay and trans - as cops reveal she also planned to shoot relatives

Audrey Hale was at odds with her devout Christian parents because they 'couldn't accept' she was gay and transgender, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Church coordinator Norma, 61, and her husband Ronald, 64, refused to let Hale - who had recently adopted the name Aiden and used he/him pronouns - dress as a man in their home.

The 28-year-old loner would instead wait until she left their [...] Nashville property to change outfits, according to a well-placed source.

'You only see what you want to see. Their religion does not allow them to accept homosexuality,' the source told DailyMail.com.

'She was Audrey at home but when she left the house she changed clothes. They did know about it, they just didn't accept it.'

Neighbors in the tree-lined suburban street where the family lived for three decades said they were clueless about Hale's apparent transition and remembered her as a 'skater, tomboy type.'

'I treated her like a female and she didn't correct me. She seemed artistic, quiet, and well-mannered.'

Police now say Hale planned to carry out more attacks - including against her own family.

I’m sorry that her parents didn’t accept her as she was, but she’s 28 years old, move out. Live your life, be you.
She had a ton of options to deal with her parents not supporting her. Shooting up an elementary school shouldn’t have been one of them.
It was not her parent‘s fault. It was not the school’s fault. It was not organized religion’s fault, or the current political climate, not the gun shop’s fault, and certainly not the victim’s fault. It’s nothing that happened 20 years ago fault.
The shooter is the one responsible. She thought it up, she planned it, she wanted to do it. She told her friend right before she did it she just wanted to die. She was suicidal <modsnip>. I am sorry that she felt that way. Help was a phone call away…her friend, her therapist, a suicide hotline.
These murders, and let’s call them what they are, they are completely on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'm sure they were not supportive of her lifestyle, if they even acknowledged it (not that it justifies her actions as there is no justification for them) MOO
She lived with her parents. She could have moved out on her on and lived <modsnip>. She was well educated.

Moo...She will never justifiy killing innocent victims. No excuse, in my world..
Moo...

She lived with her parents. She could have moved out on her on and lived <modsnip>. She was well educated.

Moo...She will never justifiy killing innocent victims. No excuse, in my world..
Moo...

Your response implies in your world there is no excuse as if I didn't clearly state there was no justification or excuse for her actions. Yeah, she could have moved out. If her parents hate her, and she moves out, her parents still hate her and she is still missing a large support system. Doesn't mean it's okay to murder innocent people but the facts are the facts. This incident also isn't a justification for certain political spectrums to malign all trans people out in the world.

moo...She was a grown adult, well educated. She could have moved out, started the life she wanted. Even moved to a more friendly state
No she choose to shoot up a school. Moo...this was retaliation against her parents. She knew the turmoil it would cause, she knew innocent children would die. She made the choice to go down in history for murdering the innocent, rather than making a life for herself.

My sympathy is for her parents.They gave her a good education, a place to live and she's wrecked their lives. I guess that was her goal.

Moo....

I thought I read he was working part time for some type of food delivery company (at Shipt? Is that a thing?)

eta : may have been shopping other than food, I am not in US and am unfamiliar with the shops and companies, I just assumed food I think

Are you in the UK?, the way I read it put me in mind of the asda shoppers that you see picking orders from the shelves for home delivery.

A family friend responded to sandy hook. Not long after, he left LE. Think he may have been around his 20 year mark anyway. Went on to become head of security for a school district. And I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

While he moved forward, I can imagine that some may not be able to. I don’t know how they cope with what they’ve seen. I imagine that whether you were the hero that day or not, the bad and painful memories will always outweigh that. It’s a tough job and imo these Nashville officers handled the situation without even stopping to think—they knew they had to act and just did. If ever I were in such a situation, I would want officers like them coming to help.

I really have no words... Bless your friend, truly and deeply. <3

We tell them there are no monsters under your bed but someone might want to kill you at school.

So true. As I’m sure most schools do, my sons’ schools have “intruder” drills. When my youngest son came home 5 years ago when he was in kindergarten after experiencing his first drill, this was how he explained it to me:

“Mrs. M. says we are her baby cubs and she is our momma bear and she won’t let anyone hurt her baby cubs.”

I still haven’t been able to get that sentence out of my mind and now I’m not sure I’ll be able to get your (absolutely truthful) sentence out of my mind.

I am. And I will engage with discussion on a case, here, where there is moderation and respect, but not on social media where behaviour is not so civilised. I also choose where I give my clicks. I won't link to or click on an article I find the content of offensive or exploitative... or if I have to, I will weigh the decision carefully (can I find the same information elsewhere, etc.).

Social media and MSM may be international, but in a digital world where I am fully aware that I am the product, I try to be prudent and thoughtful. I can't control everyone else, but I am responsible for my own choices. Sometimes that makes reading about true crime very much gaining information on hard mode, but it's easier to live with for me than the alternative.

And now, I think I've caused this thread to drift enough. It's time to get back to the case at hand. Has there been any talk yet about whether there will be a community memorial service? I assume all the victims, not being related, will have separate funerals. A community memorial would probably mean the funerals would be able to be kept more private, friends and family, without as many curious, unconnected members of the public turning up.

MOO
Thank you for the time you spent on this. It was incredibly informative and useful as usual!

Edit: as the article title states, it contains video of AH in the school. Just a warning if someone wants to avoid it.
Ah thanks, although I saw the video of the shooter in the school already and didn't see dancing?
Is there another dancing link, like a tik tok video the shooter posted or something?

We may never know but was the backwards ballcap perhaps showing some influence from Dylan Klebold?
I have friends that always wear a cap backwards. (I think it looks juvenile). But the backwards cap could be just functionality. When i shoot, I often take off my cap if I have one because I don't like the bill interfering with my field of view (unless the sun a factor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304