TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently, their only request was that their child not be themselves in their own home.
I can't speak to "certain sexual expressions" because I'm not familiar with those.
Certain sexual expressions (probably better worded as gender expressions) would be say, wearing overtly male clothing in the home.

The parents tolerated her continued residence in the home despite being 28 years old and spending money on a kewl car instead of say, a rent down payment. They might have been aware that not all her "art work" was exactly affirming conservative Christian ideals.

I suspect that the parents were not insisting on "Little House on the Prairie" style feminine clothing in their home. Rather, gender blurry clothing could well have been acceptable- though probably not preferred.

In short, the parents were apparently willing to let AD "be herself" to a large degree while in their home (not Ad's home). But, that willingness had limits. It was not a blank check.

You just don't shot up a school and kill 6 people because your parents or others hurt your feelings. FFS.

I mean are people actually trying to use "her parents didn't accept her" as an excuse?
There is no excuse good enough for what she did.

Her parent's lack of acceptance of her will likely haunt them for the rest of their lives. But, even if they had accepted her, we have no guarantee this would not have happened.

Her parents were likely doing what they thought was right, and I'm sure they'd give anything now to go back and change their attitude toward her. But, they ought not to beat themselves up over it. It's pointless, and she might have flipped out anyway.

Interesting. I did not know that the parents were angry about her gender identity. Were they not permitting male attire? Not using proper pronouns? Not using new name?

Sorry...I'm jumping off of your post. I hadn't seen or read anything indicating her parents were doing this?
Single news source-- DM rubbish, can't name their source for more clickbait $$$ headlines. JMO

Interesting. I did not know that the parents were angry about her gender identity. Were they not permitting male attire? Not using proper pronouns? Not using new name?

Sorry...I'm jumping off of your post. I hadn't seen or read anything indicating her parents were doing this?
Unless I hear from the parents stating they didn’t support their daughters gender identity I’m not buying the narrative being said. For starters, she was 28 years old and lived with her parents. I suspect her parents were encouraging her to be self sufficient and AH didn’t like it. I’m not discrediting her identity crisis. I realize not all parents are supportive and understanding, but I’m not seeing it match up so far.

Have LE actually revealed a motive at all, or is all this just creepy, salacious media doing what they always do, and steering our attention on the one thing that will cause the most controversy?
That's my question. The Transgender issue was first and foremost in every article WORLWIDE before the ink dried on the police report. It's reminiscent of WHITE cop shoots BLACK man. Click bait. Get angry. Argue. Lose sight of the children laying in the own blood on the floor at school. (Yet...this perp has been quite successful, here).

I have yet to see anything confirming any of this. This could be a Save the Whales protest.

Honestly gender identity issues have to be addressed by society. It's here to stay. Calm and common ground will get us there...but clearly, I'm not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

If this WAS the reason for this mass murder, it certainly won't move us forward. Additionally, blaming the parents for not accepting their child will only make things worse. Telling deeply religious Muslims, Jews and Christians (etc,) or society in general that you must accept these things or there will be more dead children isn't the best mechanism for acceptance. IMHO.

I can't link the image here because it's from the mum's FB account, but if you go to the article in question, 5th image down of a bright yellow envelope, you can see how immensely proud Hale's mum was of her.

T
National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Being INVOL. COMMITTED to MENTAL INST., by a COURT is different from having Mental ILLNESS.

snipped for focus. @Luna20 My apologies for caps, but I cannot bold, underscore, etc. posts here.
Yes, absolutely, positively, in completing form, prospective gun buyers w or without mental illness could lie on any question.

If you re-read my post quoting ATF Form 4473,* you'll see the form does NOT ask applicants to disclose whether they have a "MENTAL ILLNESS."

Question 11f asks:
"Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective or have you ever been committed to a mental institution? (See Instructions for Question 11.f)."

The ^ meaning: a COURT DETERMINATION that the applicant is "mentally defective" or a COURT ORDER INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTING person to a MENTAL INSTITUTION, w detailed explanation of both phrases in Q. 11f at page 4.

IDK whether Hale was medically diagnosed w a "mental illness" or was treated for a mental illness.
Regardless ATF Form 4473 does not ask whether person has "mental illness," but asks about COURT DETERMINATIONS and ORDERS.
"Mental illness" in and of itself does not disqualify a person from buying a firearm.

A member who posted ---
"...If she had mental illness then she would not be permitted to purchase any weapons legally. One of the questions on the background check specifically asks that..."
--- is mistaken, imo.

Thank you for explaining this!

Drake said that Hale, who attended Covenant School, had "some history" with the school which may have played a role in the motive for Monday's shooting.

"What detectives have said so far is there is possibly some resentment for having to go to that school. There's a connection with that family."

The Honda Fit is a subcompact, economy car, on the low end of Honda pricing. some are thinking that it’s a higher end car. It isn’t. It’s just the kind of car a college student might drive.

That's my question. The Transgender issue was first and foremost in every article WORLWIDE before the ink dried on the police report. It's reminiscent of WHITE cop shoots BLACK man. Click bait. Get angry. Argue. Lose sight of the children laying in the own blood on the floor at school. (Yet...this perp has been quite successful, here).

I have yet to see anything confirming any of this. This could be a Save the Whales protest.

Honestly gender identity issues have to be addressed by society. It's here to stay. Calm and common ground will get us there...but clearly, I'm not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

If this WAS the reason for this mass murder, it certainly won't move us forward. Additionally, blaming the parents for not accepting their child will only make things worse. Telling deeply religious Muslims, Jews and Christians (etc,) or society in general that you must accept these things or there will be more dead children isn't the best mechanism for acceptance. IMHO.
Spot on, 100%.

I am interested in the counseling provided to Aiden. There are some extreme programs done by organizations that "deprogram" any type of gender dysphoria, and same sex attraction. That could have been a trigger for the rage displayed.
AH exhibited rage/meltdown over setting up their password for a student portal and was asked to step outside of the classroom by the shooter's college instructor.

IMO, counseling for an ADULT by an ADULT is not the issue.

Drake said that Hale, who attended Covenant School, had "some history" with the school which may have played a role in the motive for Monday's shooting.

"What detectives have said so far is there is possibly some resentment for having to go to that school. There's a connection with that family."

I wonder what the connection to the mall was. That was the next intended stop if I remember correctly. Wonder why the mall wasn't chosen first? So many questions.

I am not 100% convinced that shooter was getting any medical / mental health treatment, each article is saying Police were told by the parents....
Shooter could have convinced parents they were getting help and they were not. More info will be coming, this is just my thought.

There is no excuse good enough for what she did.

Her parent's lack of acceptance of her will likely haunt them for the rest of their lives. But, even if they had accepted her, we have no guarantee this would not have happened.

Her parents were likely doing what they thought was right, and I'm sure they'd give anything now to go back and change their attitude toward her. But, they ought not to beat themselves up over it. It's pointless, and she might have flipped out anyway.
Her parents are victims and have the right to their own beliefs. Their acceptance or lack of Hale did not lead to the pre-planned mass murders. JMO
I am interested in the counseling provided to Aiden. There are some extreme programs done by organizations that "deprogram" any type of gender dysphoria, and same sex attraction. That could have been a trigger for the rage displayed.
Hale was 28. Why would AH participate in a deprogram therapy regimen?

I wonder what the connection to the mall was. That was the next intended stop if I remember correctly. Wonder why the mall wasn't chosen first? So many questions.
just a thought maybe they were placing targets in a timeline , like where they felt slighted first.... as a child, mall as a teen , family as an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74