Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been sitting here reading and thinking about BDR and his actions in this situation.
I thought what would I do if I saw a message on my FB from someone I didn't know, but who left details and who was a couple of hundred miles away, asking to be rescued and saying they were being molested and were suicidal.
If i called their local LE, would I be believed and would they go to the home and just talk to the child and leave her because they believed both parents? Would they take her to the hospital and return her later to even more desperate circumstances. It is her word against both parents.
If I called my own local LE, would they be convinced by me and contact the LE as mentioned above, risking the same results as listed above. Or would they think I was being conned and ignore it.
I honestly can't think of how I could handle this to be assured of getting the results of total safety for the child and her siblings.
Are there mandatory protocols in place universally like there are for domestic violence cases in which the person who does the violence must be removed from the premises?
All this has made me realize that as an adult I am not sure how to proceed to truly protect a child in this circumstance.

This is not meant to be a defense or accusation of BDR, it is just something to think about.
Except he didn't just see a message on his FB from somebody he didn't know! [bbm]

Per the complaint, he met SP last December on a gaming site primarily known to minors. Their communications graduated from the game site to texts and also through an encrypted messaging app. The affidavit supporting the complaint includes a log of their communication.

Reading the complaint provides much more to think about.

Last edited:
As much as I want to believe that BD truly only intended to save SP and never once hurt her, I can’t help but wonder what the conversation between him and SP was leading up to her telling him about RP molesting her. IMO SP did not just blurt that out of nowhere. I imagine the conversation prior to that confession having something to do with sex. (Are you a virgin?, have you ever been with someone older? Etc)

IMO I also believe that BD was behind the call to the St. Louis FBI to throw them off. To make them think SP was safe in hiding somewhere else . There are many apps you can download to spoof your number and location. Some require your email address to create an account
BBM I've thought the very same thing all along.

Gwinnett County - Case Search - By Party Name
and the divorce docket
Gwinnett County - Case Search - Case Details
  • Randall L Pruitt (Plaintiff)
  • Christina Pruitt (Defendant)
  • R Scott Estes (Attorney for Plaintiff)
    Bar #: 250688, Tel: (770) 910-9128
  • Lance D Crawford (Attorney for Defendant)
    Bar #: 194105, Tel: (678) 775-6790
  • 2015-07-29 - Summons ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-29 - Complaint ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-29 - MUTUAL RESTRAINING ORDER

• 2015-07-29 - ORDER - PARENTING SEMINAR

• 2015-07-29 - STANDING ORDER SUPPORT COMPUTATION

• 2015-07-29 - DOMESTIC RELATIONS CAS FILE INF FR ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-31 - MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF PROCESS ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-31 - AFFIDAVIT PROCESS SERVER ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-03 - MOTION FOR EMERGENCY HEARING ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-03 - AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-05 - ORDER APPOINTING PROCESS SERVER

• 2015-08-05 - ORDER SETTING HEARING

• 2015-08-07 - CONSENT ORDER

• 2015-08-07 - Entry of Appearance/Appearance of ATTORNEY FOR DEFENDANT

• 2016-01-12 - DISMISSAL ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF
ETA: He filed for the divorce - something happened in between August 7 and January 12 - there was no request for production of documents, no financial affidavits, etc on the docket - to me, it looks like an empty threat. He got what he wanted in the end IMO. whatever that was...
Thanks for the sleuth, oviedo!
Edit: Whatever happened, I do not underestimate his level of power/ control over the household considering their heavy religious tones via SM.

Last edited:
Except he didn't just see a message on his FB from somebody he didn't know! [bbm]

Per the complaint, he met SP last December on a gaming site primarily known to minors. Their communications graduated from the game site to texts and private communication aps. The affidavit supporting the complaint includes a log of their communication.

Reading the complaint provides much more to think about.
Yes it does, and unfortunately, you can't "unsee" it afterwards.

I respect your opinion - he abducted her IMO - and coerced her to make the video. Frankly, that is enough for me. But to top it off, he lied to the FBI when they came knocking, destroyed her cell phone so she could not easily contact anyone and very likely lied to his Mother that he held her in the basement. She is a child, it doesn't matter to me at all if she feels like he rescued her. I just can't fathom what else is needed for the determination that his motives were not good for this child for those who are awaiting additional information to form their opinions and I am not being sarcastic I truly would like to know. Mainly because I made up my mind as soon as I saw the details of his conversation about making the video - I did not need anything more than this. Maybe I am the only one that sees him as the predator who led her on, made her do unspeakable things with her father and kept her from LE for 18 days. JMO. This is what is great about Websleuths. We get to discuss these things. Mostly, I am just trying to figure out what else could have been done to help this poor girl and it seems to me, that answer lies with the family since she has been so isolated since the move. IMO

See the bolded - those are opinions and not facts. I will base my opinion on fact and IF BR did anything to this child, I will be one that will forcefully condemn him far and wide. Nothing could be worse for her than to have had another predator mistreat her as she fled for her life from her despicable parents.

Same was true of JP in the JC case. (Edit: Of course he’s ten years younger). BTW, anyone following that case, JP makes a court appearance today at 11AM.

Yes. Of course with either defendant, we have no idea of juvenile records. But the fact this guy is 31, it surprises me more so. If he was the type to get in any kind of trouble, one would think in 13 years since being 18, it would have been found out and/or he would have been arrested at some point. Again, it does not mean anything, maybe he has developed thoughts as time has went on, hard to say (BR). And, I have no idea if he has always lived in Wisconsin nor have I seen anything that says so...?

Yes, I watched the short Closs hearing. I feel this may be headed for a guilty plea or deal to take life but that is purely speculation on my part...

I guess we had "I love yous" to families in hearings in both cases by defendants... Both RP and JP... Sorry but gag...

I don't think they had a warrant. They used exigent circumstances to access the home. And mom could have said no.
Under exigent circumstances, LE did not need Mother's permission to enter, and/or wouldn't matter if she said no.

This can be done without first obtaining a warrant. The federal 'knock and announce' statute, 18 U.S.C. S 3109 requires police officers to knock, announce and be refused entry before they break into a residence. However, exigent circumstances excuse noncompliance. bbm

Exigent Circumstances Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

See the bolded - those are opinions and not facts. I will base my opinion on fact and IF BR did anything to this child, I will be one that will forcefully condemn him far and wide. Nothing could be worse for her than to have had another predator mistreat her as she fled for her life from her despicable parents.
<modsnipped> He is under arrest for child abduction. <modsnipped>
Dane County Sheriff's Office

Arrest Information

Date
Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
1/31/2019 8:35 PM Wisconsin Dept of Justice 650012319 19-826

Offense
Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
ABDUCTION OF CHILD TAKING 1/31/2019 8:35 PM 2/6/2019
New Arrest

Date
Agency Arrest Number Agency Case Number
2/4/2019 11:18 AM US Marshal Service 650012446 19-MJ-13

Offense
Date/Time Disposition Date Court Case Number Entry Code
FEDERAL OFFENSE 2/4/2019 11:19 AM N/A
Hold for Outside Agency
BRYAN DAVID ROGERS
Status Federal Prisoner Intransit
Building PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING
Area MALESEG
Scheduled Release N/A
Booking Number 534333
Booking Date 2/1/2019 1:08 AM
Name Number 615094
MSM reports he destroyed her cell phone- again not my opinion. and you are correct he possibly lied to his mother but she has not been arrested yet so I believe they have questioned her and she did not know the child was in the house IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same was true of JP in the JC case. (Edit: Of course he’s ten years younger). BTW, anyone following that case, JP makes a court appearance today at 11AM.

Yes. Of course with either defendant, we have no idea of juvenile records. But the fact this guy is 31, it surprises me more so. If he was the type to get in any kind of trouble, one would think in 13 years since being 18, it would have been found out and/or he would have been arrested at some point. Again, it does not mean anything, maybe he has developed thoughts as time has went on, hard to say (BR). And, I have no idea if he has always lived in Wisconsin nor have I seen anything that says so...?

Yes, I watched the short Closs hearing. I feel this may be headed for a guilty plea or deal to take life but that is purely speculation on my part... Based on the waiving of the preliminary, it makes me wonder.

I guess we had "I love yous" to families in hearings in both cases by defendants... Both RP and JP... Sorry but gag...

I can't tell if they were currently in church or if it was a while back. He was heavier in the church pics...
I also will point out how much he changed his he looks from earlier photos.
He did shave his head bald and had a dark brown beard.
He grew his hair out and stopped coloring the beard.
*IMO that was not his natural hair color on the beard.
Coincidence?
I think NOT!
So yes, I believe he was "running" from something...
Why the sudden change?
Moo

But what if I am several hundred miles away as BDR was. He is being condemned for going down there as evidence of his perversion. How is something like this done from a distance.

Thinking out loud.

BDR is a 31 year old male using an app that is usually played by 12-14 year old children.

BDR has made contact with another player, SLP, a 14 year old female.

BDR began conversing with SLP on Christmas Eve, 12/24/2018.

BDR reads words typed by SLP, she is despondent, being molested, has suicidal thoughts.

BDR convinces SLP that the ONLY way he will help is if SLP captures video of her rape by RP.

SLP unwillingly succumbs to capturing this video On January 10, 2019.

SLP emails this video evidence to BDR.

BDR travels the 700 miles to 'rescue' SLP. Avoiding detection, destroying SLP's cellphones.

BDR decides the evidence would not hold up in court. Does not contact LE, or anyone.

BDR is visited by LE and claims no knowledge of SLP.

BDR is revisited by LE once mom comes home.

SLP is discovered by LE and safely recovered.

Synopsis: LE had information that BDR was totally involved with SLP. From the video file, to the unknown contact (tip) at the St. Louis FBI.

BDR, in denying his involvement, was not trying to protect the victim, SLP.

Jim is a xx year old father/grandfather. He doesn't even know what these APP's are, but he watched over his children during dial-up/AOL/early FB days. He is aware of the dangers out there 'on the Internet.'

He happens to receive a mysterious message, from a person claiming to be in serious trouble. After the heart attack moment, he takes a deep breath. How to prove this is legitimate? First thoughts are asking, "Are you in immediate danger?" "Are you planning to do anything to yourself right now?" "Can you get someplace relatively safe and call me?"

Making a video never even crosses my mind. I'm not contemplating "proof", I'm thinking this person needs help. How can I help them?

BDR had 17 days to figure out how to help SLP. He then had her in his basement lair for 18 additional days. Unless he was going to use that proof, that he coerced SLP into making, there was no chance this was going to end well for SLP.

Mostly IMO with details from CC. (ETA: Not sure if needed)

Thinking out loud.

BDR is a 31 year old male using an app that is usually played by 12-14 year old children.

BDR has made contact with another player, SLP, a 14 year old female.

BDR began conversing with SLP on Christmas Eve, 12/24/2018.

BDR reads words typed by SLP, she is despondent, being molested, has suicidal thoughts.

BDR convinces SLP that the ONLY way he will help is if SLP captures video of her rape by RP.

SLP unwillingly succumbs to capturing this video On January 10, 2019.

SLP emails this video evidence to BDR.

BDR travels the 700 miles to 'rescue' SLP. Avoiding detection, destroying SLP's cellphones.

BDR decides the evidence would not hold up in court. Does not contact LE, or anyone.

BDR is visited by LE and claims no knowledge of SLP.

BDR is revisited by LE once mom comes home.

SLP is discovered by LE and safely recovered.

Synopsis: LE had information that BDR was totally involved with SLP. From the video file, to the unknown contact (tip) at the St. Louis FBI.

BDR, in denying his involvement, was not trying to protect the victim, SLP.

Jim is a xx year old father/grandfather. He doesn't even know what these APP's are, but he watched over his children during dial-up/AOL/early FB days. He is aware of the dangers out there 'on the Internet.'

He happens to receive a mysterious message, from a person claiming to be in serious trouble. After the heart attack moment, he takes a deep breath. How to prove this is legitimate? First thoughts are asking, "Are you in immediate danger?" "Are you planning to do anything to yourself right now?" "Can you get someplace relatively safe and call me?"

Making a video never even crosses my mind. I'm not contemplating "proof", I'm thinking this person needs help. How can I help them?

BDR had 17 days to figure out how to help SLP. He then had her in his basement lair for 18 additional days. Unless he was going to use that proof, that he coerced SLP into making, there was no chance this was going to end well for SLP.

Mostly IMO with details from CC. (ETA: Not sure if needed)
Let's just repost this every few pages :) - and like you, suggesting a video of the rape would never even come into my head EVER. Unless of course, I was a voyeur, depraved, (insert your own adjectives) and enjoyed this type of thing, IMO.

I respect your opinion - he abducted her IMO - and coerced her to make the video. Frankly, that is enough for me. But to top it off, he lied to the FBI when they came knocking, destroyed her cell phone so she could not easily contact anyone and very likely lied to his Mother that he held her in the basement. She is a child, it doesn't matter to me at all if she feels like he rescued her. I just can't fathom what else is needed for the determination that his motives were not good for this child for those who are awaiting additional information to form their opinions and I am not being sarcastic I truly would like to know. Mainly because I made up my mind as soon as I saw the details of his conversation about making the video - I did not need anything more than this. Maybe I am the only one that sees him as the predator who led her on, made her do unspeakable things with her father and kept her from LE for 18 days. JMO. This is what is great about Websleuths. We get to discuss these things. Mostly, I am just trying to figure out what else could have been done to help this poor girl and it seems to me, that answer lies with the family since she has been so isolated since the move. IMO

I somehow missed the details of your post, but your thoughts certainly match up with the opinions I have shared.

IMO we are on the same page after being through that criminal complaint. Horror.

I'm sorry; I may have missed this. However, as one poster above (I'm sorry, I lost track of what poster said this) mentioned, do we know that she ever told her mother about the abuse? I thought it was not mentioned that she did tell her, and that's why the mother could say she was totally unaware of it. If the mother did know, by whatever means, will she be arrested, as well? Thanks to whoever can answer. Katt

SBM
Mostly, I am just trying to figure out what else could have been done to help this poor girl and it seems to me, that answer lies with the family since she has been so isolated since the move. IMO

I came across this news article detailing how isolated they were in their new house.

Madisonville teen who went missing Jan. 13 found safe

"The Pruitt's driveway alone was nearly a mile up the mountain. Cell service was near-nonexistent and the house itself is situated on an isolated mountain road. "

I'm sorry; I may have missed this. However, as one poster above (I'm sorry, I lost track of what poster said this) mentioned, do we know that she ever told her mother about the abuse? I thought it was not mentioned that she did tell her, and that's why the mother could say she was totally unaware of it. If the mother did know, by whatever means, will she be arrested, as well? Thanks to whoever can answer. Katt

From the criminal complaint, during BDR's interview with LE:

"KV #1 disclosed to him that she was being molested. She told Rogers she had never told anyone else but her mother, who didn't believe her."

Was BDR telling the truth, or another lie? Would LE publish this if it is not corroborated? Not sure.....

SBM

I came across this news article detailing how isolated they were in their new house.

Madisonville teen who went missing Jan. 13 found safe

"The Pruitt's driveway alone was nearly a mile up the mountain. Cell service was near-nonexistent and the house itself is situated on an isolated mountain road. "

That sounds fabulous to me, and is the way we live, but for a young girl being regularly abused I'm sure it sent panic waves through her. I think this move, and the isolation, was one of the big reasons why she chose to run.

Let's just repost this every few pages :) - and like you, suggesting a video of the rape would never even come into my head EVER. Unless of course, I was a voyeur, depraved, (insert your own adjectives) and enjoyed this type of thing, IMO.

I can understand asking if she had any physical proof that they could turn over to police-it's the suggestion that she get the proof (only available through an additional assault) that has me side eyeing it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...t-first/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6d5bc42a3e49
February 6 at 6:52 AM

Sometime after 11 p.m. on Jan. 13, a 14-year-old girl sneaked out of her home in the Tennessee mountains. She climbed into 31-year-old BR's car and they drove nearly 800 miles across the country back to his home in Wisconsin, according to police, avoiding toll roads and gas stations, anywhere with surveillance.

He was virtually a stranger, but she hoped he was a stranger willing to help. She had started chatting with him on Christmas Eve after meeting him on the online game Roblox. Before long, she had confided in a series of online messages that her adoptive father had been sexually molesting her.

<modsnipped to comply with copyright rule>
-----

This is a good synopsis IMO of the timeline - without the graphic details actually in the complaint/affidavit. It did remind me that very early on the family said they moved from Georgia to TN for "health reasons" and to be near his family - anyone recall this? I did a quick scan of Gwinnett County - boy there sure are a lot of P's that own property there. So it made me wonder if there are more that own property in TN and their "story" about moving to be near his family is even true or not? I haven't had a chance to check that county's property records to see how many there are but I am guessing that there are not nearly as many which leads me to believe he was running from something as speculated upthread.
Property/GIS Search

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds fabulous to me, and is the way we live, but for a young girl being regularly abused I'm sure it sent panic waves through her. I think this move, and the isolation, was one of the big reasons why she chose to run.

Right there with you! And sadly, in her search for someone to help her 'run', she encountered BDR. What were the odds that she couldn't get someone normal? All imo jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member