Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Yes, there are several reasons why she may have not gone to a teacher.

2. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

I question whether SP would even want to go back to that house where she had been isolated and trapped, helpless until she reached out to a stranger for help, such as it was. At least it brought things to a head. Now there will be justice to the evildoers, and, hopefully, recovery for SP and her sister. The other two children haven't had such a good time of it either, their lives have been turned upside down, too.

Concerning the farm, would the mom be able to handle the financial side of keeping the farm and four children? The wage-earner of the family sure won't be driving a truck again any time soon.

That poor child, living like that for so many years, and knowing that it could/would be even worse now that she was almost a captive on that damn farm. And that filthy, filthy, filthy adoptive father, with his phony, sweet "Christian" smile! Fake, fake, fake!!! He tried to imprison SP on the farm, but now he is the one who will be in prison!

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

This is why many do not see BR as a rescuer - imo he is a depraved predator who revictimized this poor child- my heart breaks for her

4. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

All true.

I wonder if more of those details will come out?

Was she really looking forward to the farm? Or was she growing more despondent?

Would that come out in her interviews?

That monster victimized his adoptive daughter to the point she wanted to end it all. That does not happen over a couple days. Or weeks for that matter. Yea, that entire farm thing may have been a cover imo.

Forpsy, gitana1, PommyMommy and 8 others like this.
  5. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any reason to believe she might not have gone to a teacher. It's possible that she did and that's what precipatated the move to TN and the immediate HOME SCHOOLING.

6. Forpsy

Forpsy Well-Known Member

If there were only one thing that I could impart upon my fellow citizens it is this:: survivors of sexual assault don't lie. Half the time they don't talk at all about it, let alone press charges
    If I could impart just this one piece of wisdom. Sexual assault survivors don't lie. If you have a daughter, sister, mother, etc., and they claim to have been assaulted in this way, you can safely believe them. About 90% of said survivors are telling the god's honest truth and furthermore, at great expense to themselves. Lying about sexual assault just doesn't happen. I can't give a link. It's buried deep withing a textbook somewhere. I'll bet Google would bear me out though so do yourselves a favor and read about it.

7. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Sure, it's possible. Also possible she didn't tell anyone other than her mother. Either one of those things are plausible. As a former family therapist, I worked with many girls who never confided their abuse to anyone and only talked about it once someone got suspicious and reported it. There's no real one set way that young girls react to this type of abuse. Since MSM hasn't reported any teachers coming forward yet, both of us are just speculating at the moment anyway. I didn't say that she didn't go to a teacher-I simply said it was "possible" she didn't.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Forpsy, GarAndTeed, JaneEyre and 11 others like this.
  8. Cyber sleuth

Cyber sleuth Well-Known Member

I hope the children are out of the house and participating in play therapy and examined for physical signs of abuse. I would find it very unlikely that SP was the only one targeted.
    Child predators are very sneaky. This is why the statistics are so high. Moms have to go the the bathroom or take a shower sometime. Some moms even sleep through the night! If there are several kids or a large property - opportunities for the abuser multiply. I pray this monster gets the maximum punishment allowed.

9. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

The statistics are frightening:

Get Statistics

snip

Rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of sexual assaults are not reported to police (m)

The prevalence of false reporting is low — between 2% and 10%. For example, a study of eight U.S. communities, which included 2,059 cases of sexual assault, found a 7.1% rate of false reports (i). A study of 136 sexual assault cases in Boston found a 5.9% rate of false reports (h). Researchers studied 812 reports of sexual assault from 2000-2003 and found a 2.1% rate of false reports

Much more at link!

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

TN 2-1-1

I hope there is a guardian ad litem (or a similar role) appointed to protect SP and other children while the investigation takes place.
    ETA fixed link to TN (not NY)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Forpsy, GarAndTeed, TRB and 5 others like this.
  11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

From my experience with working with kids, when CPS opens a case like this, ( When there is suspected abuse) there is a thorough investigation.
    This would include interviewing the siblings and anyone else who is close to the family, looking at all school records, medical records, dental records, and mental health records.
    It should also include going to the school and interviewing teachers. In this case that would difficult since the previous school is out of state, but that information is important.
    The initial investigation could last several weeks. They need to speak to SP, so that may take longer considering the circumstances.
    If they decide to keep the case open, it could remain open for a year or longer. During this time they would supervise the family, assigning a case worker who checks in regularly and helps the family with any services they need. That could include therapy.

If they find they have enough evidence to charge a parent with neglect, then they will take the case to court. The child may become a "ward of the state," and custody is taken away from the parent. It may be just for the child that was neglected, not for the siblings.
    The child would remain in foster care until the parent is able to prove that he or she is a fit parent. This may include taking parenting classes, going to therapy alone, attending therapy with the child, or anything that is ordered by the court to help them be a better parent. The parent may also have visitation during this time.
    The parent then has to win back custody of the child/ children. It could take a year, or years, depending on the situation.
    Sometimes they will start with supervised visits until they feel the parent is responsible enough to have custody again. Imo

12. Yellow Rose

I certainly don't want to step on any toes with such a sensitive subject but this is definitely not 100% true. There have been numerous cases wherein the the accuser later rescinds their accusation.

13. Yellow Rose

Having been a former teacher I was taught to use my instincts to the advantage of the ACCUSER and take all suspicions into consideration. Then apply the appropriate measures. To this day (almost 30 years later) I have an ornament that hangs on my Christmas tree from an abused student. A male.

14. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Hey, that's my county! :) I think you meant to link Monroe County, TN.

PommyMommy, Ragnarok and Jim_M like this.
  15. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

Thanks I needed that. And thank you @Tricia for saying everything I wanted to say, that helps keep my mouth shut for awhile.

Choochoobella and PommyMommy like this.
  16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Oops - TN 2-1-1

17. Yellow Rose

Hoping these two perps are nailed to the wall. And I hope they have RP in pink handcuffs!

Forpsy, tmar, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  18. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

But do we know for a fact when the home schooling started? I had thought that it had not been said specifically, and that it may have begun before the move.

PommyMommy and Aydrianna523 like this.
  19. Yellow Rose

I read earlier that she went to school in GA but homeschooled in TN. Will try to find link

Forpsy, Choochoobella and PommyMommy like this.
  20. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I read that she did go to school in GA at one point, but that doesn't indicate when she started home schooling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.