Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's scheduled court date for B.D.R. has been reset.

Link to news article:

Court date reset for Wisconsin man charged in sexual exploitation case of Madisonville teen

"MADISON, Wis. (WATE) - The federal court date for a man charged with sexual exploitation involving a 14-year-old Madisonville girl has been reset."

"Bryan David Rogers, 31, was set to appear in a federal court in Madison, Wisconsin Thursday. The date has been reset with a new date yet to be officially scheduled."

Last edited:

Link to news article:

Court date reset for Wisconsin man charged in sexual exploitation case of Madisonville teen

"MADISON, Wis. (WATE) - The federal court date for a man charged with sexual exploitation involving a 14-year-old Madisonville girl has been reset."

"Bryan David Rogers, 31, was set to appear in a federal court in Madison, Wisconsin Thursday. The date has been reset with a new date yet to be officially scheduled."

Sorry for the ignorance... Why would it be postponed? What would happen to cause this?

Link to news article:

A Wisconsin man offered to help a 14-year-old who said her father raped her — but only if she recorded it first
Currently detained in Dane County Jail, Rogers is set to appear in federal court Thursday for a detention hearing in the Western District of Wisconsin. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years on the single charge of sexual exploitation of a minor for the purpose of producing a visual depiction, according to the Justice Department.

It was a detention hearing - so maybe they want more time to get the most amount of bail? or no bail?

A pretrial detention hearing in federal court is much like a bail hearing in state court. It's a hearing at which the court determines whether to detain the defendant without bail.
What is a detention hearing? | Nolo.com

ETA: detention hearing information from link

The Grand Jury is set for them to convene on February 20th.

That is when they will begin to hear legal arguments and to review all of the evidence presented against B.D.R.

It can take weeks for the public to hear the result. Although in this case, there doesn't appear to be massive documents/data/witnesses so perhaps a week or so.

Today's court date for detention being reset could be as simple as a rescheduling request by a lawyer or a judge.

Last edited:
The lawyer representing B.D.R. is Marcus J. Berghahn.

I have no doubt that Mr. Berghahn contacted B.D.R. because this case could set a precedent. In my opinion, this case could contain "gray areas" of the law.

This firm is top notch and specializes in "white collar" crime (criminal defense).

Mr. Berghahn has also written extensively about grand juries and his experience with them.

This will be a very interesting case.

However it turns out, B.D.R. is well represented.

But if there is forensic data evidence or anything showing criminal evidence or intent by B.D.R. - then it won't matter who represents him. He will be indicted and convicted big time.

Last edited:
The Grand Jury is set for them to convene on February 20th.

That is when they will begin to hear legal arguments and to review all of the evidence presented against B.D.R.

It can take weeks for the public to hear the result. Although in this case, there doesn't appear to be massive documents/data/witnesses so perhaps a week or so.

Today's court date for detention being reset could be as simple as a rescheduling request by a lawyer or a judge.
At least it keeps him in jail without a bond being issued...although I highly doubt he would get one under 1 mil or 2 mil if at all. IMO

On the question of what precipitated the homeschooling ... regardless of whether it started in GA or in Tn ... it could have been as simple as SLP and a GA classmate becoming sweethearts. IMHO.

I’m hoping by interviewing SLP, going through BR’s computer and sifting through ALL of the messages between BR and SLP LE will learn exactly what BR’s intentions were.

1. Was he just stupid by thinking he could harbor her safely. A platonic relationship. If they get caught, the police would understand once they saw the rape evidence? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but good intentions? No evidence of child *advertiser censored* other than the SLP rape by monster adoptive father?

2. Was he a manipulative pervert who hoped he could groom SLP into letting him be her adult boyfriend?

3. Was he a sadistic violent rapist that held her captive in his basement?

My guess is #2. Really interested to see if there will be more or less charges for him.

ETA: I am hopeful that BDR did not rape her in the time she was there since they haven’t charged him with rape (yet). Crossing fingers.

Last edited:
I’m hoping by interviewing SLP, going through BR’s computer and sifting through ALL of the messages between BR and SLP LE will learn exactly what BR’s intentions were.

1. Was he just stupid by thinking he could harbor her safely. A platonic relationship. If they get caught, the police would understand once they saw the rape evidence? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but good intentions? No evidence of child *advertiser censored* other than the SLP rape by monster adoptive father?

2. Was he a manipulative pervert who hoped he could groom SLP into letting him be her adult boyfriend?

3. Was he a sadistic violent rapist that held her captive in his basement?

My guess is #2. Really interested to see if there will be more or less charges for him.

ETA: I am hopeful that BDR did not rape her in the time she was there since they haven’t charged him with rape (yet). Crossing fingers.

Dear Creepcrusher,

I am hoping with all of my heart that BDR did not sexually assault or harm her in any way.

That's why when it was reported by the F.B.I. that S.P. was talkative and in "good spirits" - it gave me hope that she wasn't assaulted by BDR.

Maybe it is #1 but I just can't guess or speculate. I just don't have enough information - especially what motivated him - was it fear based? Did they think R.P. would show up and kill them? I have no idea.

I am so thankful that she is alive. The authorities will determine what happened with B.D.R. I have faith in them.

Last edited:
Hmmm...
Need to sift through more evidence, as was suggested by the above poster ?
Or maybe there are more arrests , forthcoming ?

And we don't know what information this BDR shared. :(

I’m hopeful there are more arrests. So many adults failed SLP.

The only encouraging thing I’ve read today is that her siblings are all in protective custody with her.

All I can say is at first I had him as a 31 year old nerd living in his mom's basement, playing video games and he got caught up in SP's nightmare and brought her home to mom. I do not think that anymore. He encouraged the making of the tape, he kept the tape and did not turn it over to the law because of quality...please...I don't buy it for one minute. SP jumped out of the fire and in to the frying pan. I am seeing a Dr. Phil show here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77