Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut is telling me something happened in GA that brought about the move and the home schooling. Perhaps she *did* try reaching out to a teacher or guidance counselor and instead of reporting it, like they should have, they called the parents in to tell them their daughter was making some serious accusations and they best have a talk with her. They might have thought if they kept her out of school she'd have no one to tell. I didn't actually see the pic with her chore list but from what was said here, it seems they were all about the outside animals. That would have afforded RP the privacy he needed under the guise of supervising her while she did her chores. So she strikes up a chat friendship with BDR and for whatever reason felt she could trust him. I think that just shows how desperate she was . He may or may not be a predator, time will tell, but 30's, game playing, living with mom may also be social anxiety and ego problems. If that's the case then being her rescuer would make him feel important. He didn't "convince her to let RP rape her" he was doing that anyway. He convinced her to tape it and maybe that's because she told him when she tried to get help before they told her there was no proof of her accusations?. Maybe there was no sexual component to what he did at all. Could be just wanted to be someone's hero. Maybe the video was indeed a poor quality and didn't clearly show RP's face and so they sent it to the police while he kept her hidden and then contacted the FBI. If it turns out I'm wrong then I want to see him punished to the fullest extent of the law. I don't think we have enough information at this point to know if he's zero or hero.
Well, if it does turn out that she told someone at her school and they did not report it, then they are in some serious legal trouble.
As far as the charges go, if the Assistant US Attorney is planning on charging BR with taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes, then I imagine she has good reason to think he is guilty. Imo

I am very much hoping that BDR did not get to the level of assaulting SLP physically...maybe it is too optimistic, but I DO think he might be a socially awkward loner who didn't have it in him to get to that point.

However, after reading everything that has come out, I agree with everyone who thinks this was NOT just a misguided good Samaritan. The smoking gun, for me, is that he claimed he was afraid the evidence wouldn't hold up after HE was the one to tell her to make the tape in the first place. In fact, he all but forced her to do it, taking advantage of her obvious desperation.

I could reserve judgment if he had hidden SLP while waiting to see if the police took the tape seriously - IOW, if he had sent the tape to them from a burner phone purchased far away from where he lived, and then hidden her until the adoptive father was arrested. But that isn't what happened, and no amount of social awkwardness can excuse the course he seems to have taken. This was someone who was getting some sick thrill from the situation, regardless of how far it escalated or didn't.

I so hope SLP and her siblings can stay together...I know it is so hard to find people to take in groups. I'm hoping the publicity in this case might raise an angel for them if it turns out there isn't family who can safely look after them right now. I also hope the younger siblings aren't angry at her... she likely saved them from [further] horrors, but they might not be able to understand that, only that their life has been turned upside down.

Datchery, I also think BDR's actions are not of a misguided good Samaritan.
Why keep SLP for weeks, without reporting her case, and the video to authorities?
Surely he didn't think, keeping SLP locked up, was to her benefit.
When we learn, if we ever will, of SLP's version, we may have a clearer picture.

The fact SLP, and her siblings are safe, and receiving counseling is most promising.
Hope Justice comes down hard, on those that harmed SLP.
Things will only improve for SLP and her siblings.
MOO.

I guess I can only INFER that she was always IN SCHOOL while in Georgia from what a previous teacher said about her having so many social contacts thru her school and then in this article FBI searching for missing 14-year-old who was last seen by parents going to bed RP says she is homeschooled in Tennessee.

On Nancy Grace's show about SP, it was said that SP was in school in Georgia up until the time of her family's move. SP and her family moved to Madisonville, Tennessee in late December 2018.

SP was enrolled to go to school in Madisonville, TN. Schools there were back in session on January 8th, but SP had not been in attendance and her family claimed she was being homeschooled. Her parents didn't give any explanation for why she was being homeschooled instead of going to the Tennessee school in which she was enrolled. She disappeared from her home on Jan. 13, so she had missed the first week back to school in the new year.

Supposedly, but even so he is still her step dad and not her biological dad.
Imo as a adopted child. RP is her dad my dad is not a peeve but if he were even just called constantly “adoptive dad” it would be a slap in the face. He’s my dad. The other guy who’s genes i share is bio dad. If there was a adoption this peeve sadly is her dad. I can’t call him step dad he’s dad he raised he’s scum yes but still dad. Bio dad is just that bio dad. Imo

Imo as a adopted child. RP is her dad my dad is not a peeve but if he were even just called constantly “adoptive dad” it would be a slap in the face. He’s my dad. The other guy who’s genes i share is bio dad. If there was a adoption this peeve sadly is her dad. I can’t call him step dad he’s dad he raised he’s scum yes but still dad. Bio dad is just that bio dad. Imo

One of the original questions, however, was whether this would count as incest since he is not the biological father.

True but I know a lot of men in their 30’s and 40’s that play those kinds of internet/phone games that aren’t pedaphiles. His internet history and phone should show if he is in to kids sexually. I’m sure they’re looking into that.

Right. It's weird that he reached out to a 14-year-old girl and encouraged her to record a video of her getting raped. Him playing games on Roblox is the least of his problems. There are quite a few games on there that adults find enjoyable.

In almost every disappearance case, human trafficking comes up.The majority of those cases don't fit within the parameters of trafficking. THIS one, however, does. It is rare, almost unheard of, for traffickers to kidnap women in the US who are walking to their car, shopping in a store, etc. Most of the children and young women who are trafficked are done so by their own family members. The kids who are preyed on by others are low-risk kids: runaways, homeless, abused, foster care, someone falling through the cracks, etc. Traffickers look for those girls and young women who are vulnerable and easier to manipulate. They don't have to kidnap young women off the street. Unfortunately, there are already a lot of low-risk (for the traffickers) girls out there to choose from. Someone like SLP who was desperate for an adult to step in and help her and willing to run away from home with a strange man to get that help. It's good that she was found. Many aren't.

But he is her step-dad, adoptive dad, (and personally I hate typing the word “dad” for this . He’s no dad. I prefer the distinction, and I appreciate knowing that information. I think it’s important.

I am glad your dad was a good dad :)

On Nancy Grace's show about SP, it was said that SP was in school in Georgia up until the time of her family's move. SP and her family moved to Madisonville, Tennessee in late December 2018.

SP was enrolled to go to school in Madisonville, TN. Schools there were back in session on January 8th, but SP had not been in attendance and her family claimed she was being homeschooled. Her parents didn't give any explanation for why she was being homeschooled instead of going to the Tennessee school in which she was enrolled. She disappeared from her home on Jan. 13, so she had missed the first week back to school in the new year.
People keep wondering if she told a teacher, but I believe that is unlikely because they are mandatory reporters. What I do think is that it’s possible SLP began to confide in a friend and before word reached an adult, the parents found out.

I once reported child neglect on a neighbor. Within a few months they moved. I prayed that new neighbors would be observant. But the reality is that they likely just kept moving if anyone noticed anything off.

People keep wondering if she told a teacher, but I believe that is unlikely because they are mandatory reporters. What I do think is that it’s possible SLP began to confide in a friend and before word reached an adult, the parents found out.

I once reported child neglect on a neighbor. Within a few months they moved. I prayed that new neighbors would be observant. But the reality is that they likely just kept moving if anyone noticed anything off.

And the lack of communications between counties where social services are concerned is bad enough. Moving to another state was basically like resetting for the family. There are electronic files and databases that CPS can look into, but with poor budgets and overworked staff, the reports don't always get picked up in the new place until something happens there.

I've just been reading this thread for updates and not really posting much lately but I wanted to weigh in on mandated reporters. I was a young teacher just starting out about the time the Lisa Steinberg case was making news and changing policies. I left teaching fairly early to raise my own family and never went back, so I'm not up on any changes to the laws over the years. The state I was in at that time only required that I, as a mandated reporter, make a report to my immediate superior. Where it went after that was up to him. I actually had a situation that he was uninterested in so I filed my report with his superior instead. (There was a past history of abuse in that family.) I share this to say that I was in no way required (back then...has it changed?) to report it to authorities. In fact, my superior was adamant that I let my situation go. It still riles me up all these years later.

Question: has this changed and does it vary much state to state?

I've just been reading this thread for updates and not really posting much lately but I wanted to weigh in on mandated reporters. I was a young teacher just starting out about the time the Lisa Steinberg case was making news and changing policies. I left teaching fairly early to raise my own family and never went back, so I'm not up on any changes to the laws over the years. The state I was in at that time only required that I, as a mandated reporter, make a report to my immediate superior. Where it went after that was up to him. I actually had a situation that he was uninterested in so I filed my report with his superior instead. (There was a past history of abuse in that family.) I share this to say that I was in no way required (back then...has it changed?) to report it to authorities. In fact, my superior was adamant that I let my situation go. It still riles me up all these years later.

Dear Quill,

Thank you so much for your post.

Your great compassion for children certainly motivated you to use your courage and integrity to follow through on this. You are a remarkable person for doing that.

Oh how I wish everyone responded to a child's safety and welfare as you did.

I'm so glad you are on this thread, sharing your insight and compassion. Greatly appreciated!

Honestly tho....he's a 31 year old man.
I think he's a predator. Why else was he even playing that game on that site to begin with? This is one of the things predators do.
The fact that he watched and kept the tape tells me he had no interest in helping her. And why hide her from the police? I’m sure he manipulated her into being afraid to trust anyone but him - which probably wasn’t too difficult since she’d already been failed by so many.

And just a general thought: when a parent refuses to believe a child who tells them they’re being abused, wouldn’t that “lie” in itself be of concern?? IF a child did make up something so terrible, there would have to be some kind of reason. And with a very young child, how would they even have the knowledge to make it up?

I can’t speak for TN and GA, but here in NC we are ALL mandated reporters and are supposed to call the appropriate authorities if we see or suspect abuse.

No i haven't got a problem - have you? If you understand my post i was pointing out that BDR's actions (IMO) were to use Roblox as a means to speak to young girls. There are no doubt lots of predators who use online games as a means to contact young children.

Some people are giving BDR the benefit of the doubt but (again IMO) he was using this game as a means to contact under-age girls.
I realize I am stepping into this lively back and forth, but how would BDR know whether he was talking to a middle aged man, child (boy or girl) or an undercover policeman for that matter in the anonymity of this internet game of Roblox? Certainly, at least at first he would have no idea who he was playing against, would he? How can we assume he was using this game exclusively for the means of speaking to young girls?

No i haven't got a problem - have you? If you understand my post i was pointing out that BDR's actions (IMO) were to use Roblox as a means to speak to young girls. There are no doubt lots of predators who use online games as a means to contact young children.

Some people are giving BDR the benefit of the doubt but (again IMO) he was using this game as a means to contact under-age girls.
You don't know that. SP could have been the only one. Wait for the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288